• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

€4 Million undocumented SIPTU fund 2011?- What happened with that?

DJP

I am putting this in the Oireachtas forum as the matter was discussed at an Oireachtas Joint-Committee.

A family member has being going on to me recently about this, being a member of SIPTU.

According to (John) McGuinness, HSE documentation shows that €1.154million of payments do not have appropriate documentation to back them up.
Oireachtas to probe €4million payments to Siptu account | The Journal.ie | 15/12/11

Was it the HSE payments solely that did not have appropriate documentation to back them up or was the whole €4 million undocumented?

My relative thinks that a FF Minister blackmailed SIPTU on it and that this is known in top political circles.

So is he right?

Does anyone know what has happened since with this?

Last edited:

Analyzer

Have not heard anything about the HSE / SIPTU slush find for nearly 18 months.

Did the problem magically disappear ?

DJP

Well my relative thinks it did by way of anyone being held accountable in SIPTU. But of course SIPTU i.e. SIPTU members have to pay back the €4 million. My relative claims that a FF Minister blackmailed them so that they would be relatively quiet with all the cuts in the Budgets in return for some (or many? I don't know) of their members not being exposed for fraud. He believes that the FF Minister interfered in the judicial process so, if true.

LamportsEdge

I can hear SIPTU lawyers scurrying back and forth behind the wainscoting as we speak... there is an amazing rule in Ireland with many organisations that all sorts of malfeasance can go on but should anyone outside the organisation discover anything or question it then the issue must be compounded by immediately spending a shedload of money on legal counsel to threaten everyone in sight with writs in case the truth might emerge.

All rise for a prejudicial examination of Amhran Na Bhfian.

lying eyes

I had forgotten all about it. But I do remember it being discussed on the radio. I cannot remember the details. Which brings me to ask, why our so called MEDGIA never seem to follow up on any of these important stories. Only for new Media we would be left in the dark.

LamportsEdge

Jack O'Connor (is he the SIPTU pianist at present in the Irish government's bordello?) will be adding his voice tomorrrow to some Sunday paper nobody about the need for 'regulating th'internets' on the basis it is what Jem Larkin would have done.;)

Belodedici

Aw yeah, forgot about that one, think SIPTU thought everyone else had too

LamportsEdge

Will there be a file sent to the DPP? 'In due course'? I love it when that happens as my uncle has the contract for the pony and trap that takes the file on apostolic judicial procession across Dublin. I get to feed the pony a bit of apple and sit on the file. I remember my uncle telling me that I was doing fine sitting on the file and I'd surely make a great DPP some day if I took care with my homework and avoided Ogra Fianna Fail and Beamish.

I have to go now as it is well past Urchin Bed-Time. G'night.

Belodedici

LamportsEdge

I'd love a look at the pile of folders. I wonder whether the SIPTU one is above or below the banking investigations.

bob3367

I'd love a look at the pile of folders. I wonder whether the SIPTU one is above or below the banking investigations.
Oh below, the banking files are complete from what I hear.

LamportsEdge

Oh below, the banking files are complete from what I hear.
Dear me. Are they waiting for someone to give an estimate for roofing them or ...?

southwestkerry

I do doubt that FF have anything to do with it as some posters seem to think. I will be happy to wait for an explanation which will find its way around in due course.
SwK

LamportsEdge

Oh definitely. There'll undoubtedly be an explanation alright. Without any meaningful content about where the money went and who had the benefit of it.

bob3367

LamportsEdge

It remains to be seen whether there are any foundations either... mind you, it would be nice if we were notified of what is happening to these piles of files from time to time. I'm reminded of a comment by an Irish judge last year on the appearance of activity chiefly around the time an application for an extension to investigation time has to be made.

And I'm also aware at least in the banking inquiry that we were assured that the Garda team had all the necessary resources they needed. On that one we are now at four years and counting. And strangely enough some of the actors in that farrago have only been arrested on foot of Company Law questions- which I don't believe should take the Gardai and DPP four years to assess.

bob3367

Thst fraud crowd should open an undertaking business, lots of stuff seems to get buried there???????
To be fair to them they do operate with legislation that is not fit for purpose.

bob3367

It remains to be seen whether there are any foundations either... mind you, it would be nice if we were notified of what is happening to these piles of files from time to time. I'm reminded of a comment by an Irish judge last year on the appearance of activity chiefly around the time an application for an extension to investigation time has to be made.

And I'm also aware at least in the banking inquiry that we were assured that the Garda team had all the necessary resources they needed. On that one we are now at four years and counting. And strangely enough some of the actors in that farrago have only been arrested on foot of Company Law questions- which I don't believe should take the Gardai and DPP four years to assess.
Appleby was as frustrated as you in this regard, he even cited the rushing through of the CAB legislation to assist in that, whilst bemoaning tge lack of new legislation to further the speed of investigation.

Popular Threads

Most Replies