• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

€6.80 for a pint in Gogarty's Temple Bar - Ireland's rip off culture hasn't gone away you know.

RobertW

It's costing €6.80 for a pint of lager in the Oliver St John Gogarty pub in Temple Bar.

Predominantly a pub popular with tourists . . .what precisely does this say about our rip off culture after five years of so called austerity?

Imagine being a German tourist charged that amount when your local brew would be half the price?

For fairness this is not standard. A small number of pubs in central Dublin are selling pints of lager for as much as three euros cheaper (at €3.80). . .

Nice bar but

Aindriu

They used to charge more than that. I once ordered a Guinness and a Bacardi Breezer 5 years ago and told the barman to stuff it when he told me the price. Haven't been back there since.

goosebump

It's costing €6.80 for a pint of lager in the Oliver St John Gogarty pub in Temple Bar.

Predominantly a pub popular with tourists . . .what precisely does this say about our rip off culture after five years of so called austerity?

Imagine being a German tourist charged that amount when your local brew would be half the price?

For fairness this is not standard. A small number of pubs in central Dublin are selling pints of lager for as much as three euros cheaper (at €3.80). . .

Nice bar but
This? Again?

FFS....

Munnkeyman

Market, prices and all of that. If people are willing to pay it leave 'em at it.

harshreality

Shocking price!

Temple Bar is best avoided by any right thinking Irish person and clued in tourist!

Happytolearn

When we had parity between sterling and euro a few years back - I was home over Christmas and paid the equivalent of £7 for a pint of warm cider in Dublin. I winced at the bar - as I remember it I had more than one.

borntorum

Hopefully this will encourage tourists to escape the Paddytrap of Temple Bar and explore the more interesting, and cheaper, pubs in Dublin city centre

Ryan Tubbs

That's mental. Anything over 5.20 in a Dublin pub and I won't drink there

Fir Bolg

Thats an outrageous price. I have never drank nor will never drink there.

Analyzer

Temple Bar, the gift of CJH to Dublin.

It has been called the Vomitorium on occassions. The rip off, and the ugliness dressed up as culture are par for the course. Or should we say coarse.

What a fitting monument to Squire Kinsealy.

wombat

Curious. I posted a similar message about a month ago, without naming a pub by name, it was moved to the Zoo and I got an infraction. What gives?:confused:

Analyzer

Curious. I posted a similar message about a month ago, without naming a pub by name, it was moved to the Zoo and I got an infraction. What gives?:confused:
Sync doesn't like you.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Gypsy Rose just yards from Gogarty's on Aston Quay, only €4 a pint before 11.00. Good music if your into metal/blues. Full of bikers, heavy metal heads, tatoo freaks etc My watering hole in town :)

Dublin Sessions - Gypsy Rose - Rock & Blues Club

commonman

3.70 a pint where i live in north meath and i think its to much at that price.

firefly123

Temple Bar, the gift of CJH to Dublin.

It has been called the Vomitorium on occassions. The rip off, and the ugliness dressed up as culture are par for the course. Or should we say coarse.

What a fitting monument to Squire Kinsealy.

To think it could have been a bus depot. Tragic.
I like most of temple bar. It's a fun spot but can get mental at times.
As for the price of a pint. Yup it's pricey but in my single days it was a great place to meet foreign ladies :)

Munnkeyman

You started it in Current Affairs. That's what gave.

statsman

As for the price of a pint. Yup it's pricey but in my single days it was a great place to meet foreign ladies :)
:)

harshreality

Great place to pull alright!