• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

€700 expenses for Limerick politician to attend pointless meeting

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
Now thats what I call 'a new way of doing politics'. It used to be Fine Fail. This is new and transparent for all to see. birds of a feather etc...

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
I had a conference call last week with a company in Poland. Free.

Socratus O' Pericles

Now thats what I call 'a new way of doing politics'. It used to be Fine Fail. This is new and transparent for all to see. birds of a feather etc...
Did you ever have to spend a night in fu(king Manorhamilton on business? you'd need that at least.

The OD

Well it would be easy to blast the Labour councillor but its the system thats fcked here and needs changing.

james5001

''The meeting goes on all day and it because it was so far away there was an overnight.''
I hope he didn't lose money from the trip and that the 700EURO went some way into covering expenses. Because hotel rooms per night must be at least 4 or 5 hundred euro in Manorhamilton.

enuffisenuff

BrightDay

Well it would be easy to blast the Labour councillor but its the system thats fcked here and needs changing.
Do you think that the position of Donegal Labour Mayor Frank McBrearty has more to do with the system than his own principles?

He voted against a proposal to send the (then FF) Mayor to New York in 2010 and now when he is Mayor he is going and he is taking 3 others with him.

Socratus O' Pericles

Do you think that the position of Donegal Labour Mayor Frank McBrearty has more to do with the system than his own principles?

He voted against a proposal to send the (then FF) Mayor to New York in 2010 and now when he is Mayor he is going and he is taking 3 others with him.
Frank could well finance his own trip from the sale of €8 bonds!

Brian1

120 euro for a trip to Galway so there's no profit involved???? It's about 70 miles to Galway. I know fuel prices are high but jaysus 30 euro would cover the round trip. I presume he had breakfast before he left, so he spent 90 euro on lunch and dinner? Needless to say, he's only interested in the public service he provides

Analyzer

And this was a chap who was going to fight the wrongs in the system.

We should have seen the omen when he joined the Looper Party, that he was on the road to being proven a hypocrite.

ymmek

And this was a chap who was going to fight the wrongs in the system.

We should have seen the omen when he joined the Looper Party, that he was on the road to being proven a hypocrite.
Sometimes things are not what they seem to be so perhaps it is reasonable to expect that you will acknowledge that you were taken in by the totally inaccurate report in the leader and apoligise for getting it wrong.

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies