€8 Government Bonds

Tony Soprano

where does one buy these bonds that Labour Candidate Frank McBrearty claimed were now selling for €8!!!:eek:

Unreal stuff!!! Is this a new low in Irish Politics??? How do Labour supporters feel about this sort of this coming from a candidate in a high-profile election??

john scott

where does one buy these bonds that Labour Candidate Frank McBrearty claimed were now selling for €8!!!:eek:

Unreal stuff!!! Is this a new low in Irish Politics??? How do Labour supporters feel about this sort of this coming from a candidate in a high-profile election??
Yes, the Labour candidate was absolutely awful. As well as knowing nothing he was very rude constantly interrupting everyone. Eamonn Gilmore can get 39% satisfaction rating if he likes but with candidates like this he won't get all the seats that are predicted. Is this the type of candidate Lab will be running in all those constituencies where they have little or no organisation? No, I don't think Eamonn is going to be Taoiseach. The SF, FF and FG candidates were in a different class.

Mitsui2

While McBrearty clearly had a tough time at the hands of some very dodgy State practices in the past, he was absolutely cringemaking on the show. The idea of having him as a TD taking part in some important Dáil debate on Ireland's future boggles the mind - indeed, he probably wouldn't let anyone else get their spake in either. It was pure Jackie Healy Rae - but without the sophistication (or the cap). If this is an indication of Labour's push for good candidates outside its normal areas of strength than it's a very bad omen.

White Rose

Labour have fallen into the trap of picking a 'personality' in the county

He has no chance, he's an embarrassment

Tea Party Patriot

I didnt see it, what do the Labour heads here think, was he that bad???
He made Jackie Healy Ray seem like a polite member of the Queen's privy council.

goosebump

Labour have fallen into the trap of picking a 'personality' in the county

He has no chance, he's an embarrassment
McBrearty is probably quite representative of the electorate in Donegal, and elections aren't generally influenced by political debates on obscure late night tv programmes.

I see Frank has the same economics degree as meself. It was like looking at a parish council ding dong last night, happy days. Donegal shall lead the way to recovery....

goosebump

He was pretty bad. The bit at the end about the wave was the best bit.

I think people are being a bit unfair on him.

Not everybody is intellectual heavyweight like the good people of politics.ie.

McBrearty suffered terribly at the ends of the State, and did us all a service by exposing corruption in the Gardai. He deserves a bit more respect.

Cassandra Syndrome

McBrearty is probably quite representative of the electorate in Donegal, and elections aren't generally influenced by political debates on obscure late night tv programmes.
What an arrogant, pretentious, conceited statement.

CorkHurler

Elections in Ireland usually amount to little more than a local popularity contest. Sadly knowledge or expertise on economics or social policy is more likely to work against you than in your favour. As far as I know Ireland is the only country in the Europe where on election the average representative's remuneration goes up rather than down, which gives a small insight into the background of the people we elect.

redhead101

He wasn't that bad at all, and was certainly better that O'Dohmnaill and the Fg fella.

McBrearty is McBrearty. That's the worst thing about him. It's also the best thing. What you see is what you get. If you're looking for a candidate, polished to within an inch of his life, you better look elsewhere. If you're looking for somebody who wears his heart on his sleeve and speaks his mind, Frankie could be your man.

Kerrygold

He was pretty bad. The bit at the end about the wave was the best bit.

I think people are being a bit unfair on him.

Not everybody is intellectual heavyweight like the good people of politics.ie.

McBrearty suffered terribly at the ends of the State, and did us all a service by exposing corruption in the Gardai. He deserves a bit more respect.
What kind of gob************************ery is this? The man is hoping to get elected to our national parliament, not the local community council.

Give me a break.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
He was utterly dreadful. Complete idiot.
The frightening thing is that he's been chosen for months. Labour knew he would be on television and had plenty of time to prep him. You can't help but wonder if the rest of their candidates are this clueless. I suggest we try and get some of last night's "highlights" onto YouTube asap and let people see the kind of people we'll end up with if they vote for Labour.

Last edited:

New Threads