Euro 2016 - Will violence among England fans affect Brexit vote?

ShoutingIsLeadership

There has been three days of violence in Marseille, caused/suffered by/involving England football fans?

Will this affect the Brexit vote?

England v Russia will kick off shortly?

Will the result affect the Brexit poll?

Will the tournament as a whole, affect the vote!

We should discuss the impact of this tournament in its every detail.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Should Rooney be playing, tonight? Will he be a drag on the England team? Might a poor Rooney performance lead to Brexit?

ShoutingIsLeadership

Wales had a good win over Slovakia. Might that lead to a positive mood in Wales and affect the Brexit vote?

ger12

Interesting thought, seriously, I've been wondering about this too listening to English fans on BBC radio claim that all fans are throwing bottles etc and the media are out for them.

I suspect if it does influence the vote, it'll be to sway it to staying in rather than opting out.

ger12

Should Rooney be playing, tonight? Will he be a drag on the England team? Might a poor Rooney performance lead to Brexit?
Trolling your own thread with the second post ... Oh my ...

blinding

The EU should ban them from drinking for their own good.

Nigel Farage may have an opportunity here.

milipod

Do you think coca cola would win in a fight against stomach acid.

Polly Ticks

The only impact the hooliganism will have on the Brexit is that a few EDL/Pegida types might be in a French jail when the vote takes place.

Trainwreck

There has been three days of violence in Marseille, caused/suffered by/involving England football fans?

Jesus, "among" England fans. Talk about character assassination.

Emily Davison

it is not clear to me or my OH that the English fans are as portrayed.

In particular, Marseille is a peculiar city. It's a bit of a rough city, in my experience, we were there, where those 'riots' are two summers ago, it's a very much mixed city, French, but exotic, because of the French colonies and its major port status.

The reason I'm skeptical about the English fans as portrayed, well I saw what happened to them here a few years ago, and why and who. But I'll not feed the trolls on here on that. A couple of troublemakers does not explain the generally courteous English to me. And the politics of policing. And I'll leave it at that.

I can't imagine how this will affect Brexit. But Marseille is expensive for crap beer, the French not having a clue about beer, but English fans aren't looking to drink Chablis, so they're probably pretty happy with their 1664's.

I've been reliable informed the English have a very good chance today by a guy who was kind to us Irish, knowing we're certainly not rooting for England, but alas, they alone apparently, won every qualifier. So I've put a tenner on that they will lift the cup, and just this moment as I confirmed this bet with my OH, he shockingly admitted he added another tenner!! Took it at 9 to 1 with PP online.

And yes, he's going to Paris, despite the strikes, not Bordeaux, but Lille too, last time he say them live was Giants stadium, staying then in Manhattan, on the plane, coincidentally with the lads, Roy Keane etc, partying on the ?New ayork streets, and the Irish sleeping in Central Park, with the police, Irish , allowing the unallowable.

Last edited:

Dadaist

I guarantee with 100% certainty that if all England's scorers in the tournament are white, then Brexit is secured.

Polly Ticks

dat's wacist.
It would be 'wacist' if I judged all English people by the actions of a few hooligan misfits. I don't.

Similarly, I don't judge all Muslims by the actions of a few. You should try it!

A REASON

english scum causing trouble as usual. If the EU had a referendum on englands membership then they'd be told to fúck off.

Polly Ticks

Hooligans are largely irrelevant. However, I do think we should pay particular attention to English football hooligans that are currently serving (or former) British armed forces. Certainly any members of the BAF involved in such hooliganism (and you know there are some) should be sacked immediately, if they are still serving... before they get the chance to inflict themselves on the outside world.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies