Euro still accepted for my cup of Coffee this morning

NOTSURE

I couldn't believe it - I was ready to barter my tie in exchange. I assumed surely the retailer was simply behind the news, perhaps he hadn't logged on to P.ie? But no, all over the city people were using Euros - yes actual Euros in exchange for goods and services. It was almost like the Euro was acting as a store of wealth?

Can Someone please explain? I'm lost.

Last edited:

drummed

I couldn't believe it - I was ready to barter my tie in exchange. I assumed surely the retailer was simply behind the news, perhaps he hadn't logged on to P.ie? But now all over the city people were using Euros - yes actual Euros in exchange for goods and services. It was almost like the Euro was acting as a store of wealth?

Just keep a fire extinguisher handy, them things could burst into flames any moment now.

NOTSURE

postulating based on the current rate of inflation - I expect the cost of my coffee to move from 2.60 to 2.60.

Garland Names the Skies

Actually a Euro seems to be buying now things it didn't buy six months ago

statsman

P.ie thread based on reality, shock horror.

Watcher2

I dont believe you. Many stellar posters here have predicted the downfall of paper money. So I can believe that an establishment such as a coffee shop accepted that trach currency, or any fiat currency for that matter. Remember, just because they accepted it today, does not mean they will accept it tomorrow.

I have a mix of gold and solver coinage in my pocket. The gold coinage obviously is for those larger purchases like clothing, you know, the sack cloths we will be wearing. The silver coinage is for the little purchases like the coffes, teas and hang sangwiges.

firefly123

Dear God Man! Its EURO! Drop the S before our currency is devalued!

drummed

I dont believe you. Many stellar posters here have predicted the downfall of paper money. So I can believe that an establishment such as a coffee shop accepted that trach currency, or any fiat currency for that matter. Remember, just because they accepted it today, does not mean they will accept it tomorrow.

I have a mix of gold and solver coinage in my pocket. The gold coinage obviously is for those larger purchases like clothing, you know, the sack cloths we will be wearing. The silver coinage is for the little purchases like the coffes, teas and hang sangwiges.
Fiat is bad? Any news yet of Alfa, Lancia, Ferrari,etc?

G

Gimpanzee

I couldn't believe it - I was ready to barter my tie in exchange. I assumed surely the retailer was simply behind the news, perhaps he hadn't logged on to P.ie? But now all over the city people were using Euros - yes actual Euros in exchange for goods and services. It was almost like the Euro was acting as a store of wealth?

I bet you paid in coins. They'll accept coins still, because the are smelting them down to make gun barrels and tins. Try paper money for lunch and see what happens.

drummed

If the currency implodes will my Laser card be ok? Will i have to change to pin?

ballot stuffer

Bring your krugerrands and a cheese grater. It's two shavings of gold for a cup of coffee since the world collapsed.

Harry Lime

I tried buying a coffee this morning with a shotgun while dressed in camo gear, but they insisted on euros too! I was sent to the back of the queue.

These communists just don't understand that we now live in a post-apocalyptic nightmare. They make a nice latte, though.

drummed

Bad news. NRA announces they will only accept gold bars in toll booths. Traffic slowing to a crawl.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
I think it's very foolish to be investing in gold. What use will gold be? I'm buying into tins of non-perishable food and a shotgun. And tin openers. I'd say in the future a tin opener will cost you an hour's hard labour in the fields.

Last edited:

Watcher2

Fiat is not as bad as people think. I drove one for 7 years (it was 4 years old when I bought it) and I didn't have a day of trouble with it).

jacko

bond prices are even dropping - pretty soon the sun might even come out

Glucose

I never read anywhere somebody suggesting the euro was going to become defunct overnight.

The Euro is in a very precarious situation.

The leaders of the Eurozone countries have some tough decisions to make that may not appeal to their electorates.

If they choose to do nothing contagion will spread.

Popular Threads

Most Replies