European far right leaders "a free Europe" meet today - Aim: Dismantle EU

robut

Far-right leaders meet to discuss 'free Europe' vision | Reuters

Far-right populist leaders from Germany, France, Italy and the Netherlands meet in the German city of Koblenz on Saturday to present their vision for "a free Europe" that would dismantle the European Union.
This is a new one I think? The main Far right players coming together as one. Ramping up things?

Lots more to come it seems ... we thought 2016 was interesting :D

firefly123

Good. The more light shone on these lads the better. I hope they feel they can step out from behind the veil and show their true colours because more people will realise what they really are.

GDPR

The fact that old fashioned One Nation Toryism and Social Democracy have now become "Far Right" really says something about where we now stand.

willow68

The worm is turning. I give the current form of the EU five years tops. Time to go back to sovereign nations.

Clanrickard

The fact that old fashioned One Nation Toryism and Social Democracy have now become "Far Right" really says something about where we now stand.
And the fact that you conflate the two shows where you stand, ie with nasty racist, anti-Semitic fascists.

GDPR

Good. The more light shone on these lads the better. I hope they feel they can step out from behind the veil and show their true colours because more people will realise what they really are.
Well they ran true to form by banning a number of news outlets from the Conference, including all the big ones eg Der Spiegel, Handelsblatt, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, and German State TV.

Id say the last thing they want is anyone reporting on them who isnt going to parrot their BS uncritically.

robut

Marine Le Pen maintains lead in latest French presidential election poll

Far-right leader Marine Le Pen is holding on to her lead in the first round of the French presidential elections, according to a new poll.

The Front National head had between 25 and 26 per cent support compared with presidential favourite François Fillion, who received between 23 and 25 per cent, according to an Ipsos Sopra Steria poll for the respected French newspaper, Le Monde and the Cevipof research centre.

Mr Fillon is still expected to beat the far-right leader in a second round runoff in May.

But the former Republican Prime Minister has lost up to four points in the first polls of the year.
With Le Pen in that new group of far right leaders who's sole aim is to dismantle the EU .. Do we have #FREXIT on the way? Seeming Le Pen is looking good as the new president according to yes ... those polls :D

mac tíre

Well they ran true to form by banning a number of news outlets from the Conference, including all the big ones eg Der Spiegel, Handelsblatt, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, and German State TV.

Id say the last thing they want is anyone reporting on them who isnt going to parrot their BS uncritically.
So they needed their own safe space? :shock:

Alt-Right snowflakes. :D

firefly123

I'd say every dog within 100 miles will be howling with all the whistling going on!

brughahaha

Marine Le Pen maintains lead in latest French presidential election poll

With Le Pen in that new group of far right leaders who's sole aim is to dismantle the EU .. Do we have #FREXIT on the way? Seeming Le Pen is looking good as the new president according to yes ... those polls :D

Le Pen wont win ....but her vote will continue to feed the state of malaise currently happening in the EU.
The EU will never be killed outright but it might well be slowly retired into unimportance and irrelevance

robut

Le Pen is not "Far Right". She is a Social Democrat who is moderately culturally conservative.
In your opinion Le Pen is not far right?

I am only quoting, first from Reuters and also from another example headline, the Guardian:

Marine Le Pen leads gathering of EU far-right leaders in Koblenz

So she is not a far right leader who is attending and leading a far-right leaders meeting? Or I suppose the Guardian is a rag and peddles false news ... fair enough if thats the case.

GDPR

I am only quoting, first from Reuters and also from another example headline, the Guardian:

So she is not a far right leader who is attending and leading a far-right leaders meeting? Or I suppose the Guardian is a rag and peddles false news ...
The Guardian....:rolleyes:

Just as all decent people in Southern Ireland supported Fianna Fail in the 1930s all decent people in France today support the Front National who are significantly to the left of FF in those days.

Last edited:

brughahaha

So she is not a far right leader who is attending and leading a far-right leaders meeting? Or I suppose the Guardian is a rag and peddles false news ... fair enough if thats the case.
Im a Guardian reader ...and in fairness its been dreadful this last 2 years ...... Anything not Blairite Social Democrat (centre right )is either Far Right or Far Left these days in its view
Will not be renewing my subscription

The Field Marshal

Which is what?

Europes ancient nation states, including Ireland, have all been negatively compromised by a truly reckless EU immigration policy that threatens their social cohesion, culture and economic viability.

gerhard dengler

EU is not capable of political reform, so in that context dismantling the political union makes sense.

I'm all for a European trading bloc however.

Windowshopper

The EU is not perfect but as a small country our interests is in maintaining a neighbourhood system based on laws and norms, and not simply the rule of the strong.

New Threads

Most Replies