European far right leaders "a free Europe" meet today - Aim: Dismantle EU

GDPR

To be fair to Wilders, the concerns that existed around him and the persons on his electoral list (I cannot say "party members" because, officially, they are not as Wilders' party only has one member, Wilders himself) did not focus on Russia. Instead, they focused on Israel as far as I am aware.
Wilders is strongly pro-US and pro-Israel which makes him the odd one out here.

On the other hand, le Pen is constantly heading to Moscow for a quick fix of adulation from the Duma and Farage has said Putin is the worlds leader he most admires.

picador

I would not be at all suprised if trump, who has been black-listed for loans from US banks for a decad, had not received financial assistance from Russian oligarchs or oligarch-controlled banks, all of which are ultimately answerable to Putin.
Well, that makes it so then - Trump is a Russian agent!

Windowshopper

To be fair to Wilders, the concerns that existed around him and the persons on his electoral list (I cannot say "party members" because, officially, they are not as Wilders' party only has one member, Wilders himself) did not focus on Russia. Instead, they focused on Israel as far as I am aware.
I remember when I first heard about your point which I bolded, if that doesn't set off red flags I don't what does.

GDPR

He looks dreadful.What about that scar on his head ? Did he get a brain transplant ?
Its easy to laugh but when you do have
the sort of anti-democratic, nasty, authoritarian rightwing regimes in power which so many people on Pie seem to want, this is the sort of complete amadaun who gets made an apparatchik.

You can criticise our own elites, and most certainly many of them dont deserve to have their current office, but anyone who has read in history knows that the utter, witless scum who rise to positions of influence in hard right or hard left countries would make your eyes bleed.

They are the only people they can get.

olli rehn

You don't know anything about these people, be it Frauke Petry, Christian Strache, Geert Wilders etc, their intentions or their political programs. To say Frauke Petry has not the interest of her people at heart is utter non-sense. Can you prove she doesn't?
Lügen-Petry ? Why do you Germans always fall for every fascist scum coming to town ?

GDPR

Lügen-Petry ? Why do you Germans always fall for every fascist scum coming to town ?

Actually I would say they dont.

These oddities seem to have many more admirers on Pie.

Germany is reeling from the acute strains which have been placed on it over the last few years, some of which are of that country's own making, but I would be truly surprised if they opted for the Fourth Reich.

If they did, the poor little spacers on here who admire these German Fascists would quickly find out just what those German Fascists thought of them. They wouldnt return the compliment.

owedtojoy

Far-right leaders meet to discuss 'free Europe' vision | Reuters

This is a new one I think? The main Far right players coming together as one. Ramping up things?

Lots more to come it seems ... we thought 2016 was interesting :D
It's a crackpot idea to dismantle the EU.

Who want's to live in the 1920s again? The 1930s? Dev's little island of autarky, where if did not work for Guinness or the Government, or if you did not get the farmer's dole (a little bribe to keep you poor, on the land, and voting Fianna Fail), you emigrated. And who would take us?

robut

Who want's to live in the 1920s again? The 1930s? Dev's little island of autarky, where if did not work for Guinness or the Government, or if you did not get the farmer's dole (a little bribe to keep you poor, on the land, and voting Fianna Fail), you emigrated. And who would take us?
My OP is not calling for EU to be dismantled. Just flagging that the Europe Right are getting more organised and seem to be pushing for one aim - to dismantle EU.

As you said not the best thing for us maybe BUT unfortunately in all of this we are bit players, by standers with little power to effect any resistance or change.

My own opinion is I am not a fan of federalism. I dont like the idea of a United States of Europe. Keep it as an economic bloc .. leave it at that.

Mad as Fish

True. Merkel wanted Juncker in as her toyboy, or so we have been told on here.

Franzoni

Maybe if Trump starts to make good on his threats to pull American investment back stateside it might soften a few coughs when there is less money going around........

GDPR

I remember when I first heard about your point which I bolded, if that doesn't set off red flags I don't what does.
It should set off a bunch of red flags. It personally reminds me of a slightly different way of creating a "leader principle".

tsarbomb

These days anyone who is to the right of the Irish Labour Party are called "far right". If decent politicians like Petry and Wilders are far right then what Jobbik or the Golden Dawn?

The policies that the attendees of this meeting hold would have been mainstream a couple of decades ago and would have received decent and balanced coverage from a good section of the media. Today they are the subject of a witch hunt.

picador

What makes Frauke Petry a Fascist? And what did she lie about?
She must be a fascist - many so-called liberals keep repeating this. If you tell a lie often enough it becomes the truth.

GDPR

Maybe if Trump starts to make good on his threats to pull American investment back stateside it might soften a few coughs when there is less money going around........
I dont think the hard of understanding on here who applaud US protectionism, or demand Europe reverts to a babble of competing economies, have any idea what it would mean for this country.

We would be reduced to chasing sheep.

Im a fierce critic of shock doctrine globalisation, and I loathe the massive transfer of wealth from ordinary people to the 1% that unfettered neo-liberalism has created, but the answer is not back-to-the-future ethnocentric regimes.

That has been tried, and it ended with the mass murder of Europeans.

No thanks.

tsarbomb

What makes Frauke Petry a Fascist? And what did she lie about?
She's a fascist because she holds views that are contrary to those held by the mainstream centre left/right parties that have misgoverned countries in the west over the past while.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies