European Nations League

General Urko

So The Republic has drawn old mates in Wales and Denmark, both of whom I'm sure are very happy to have us, in this impossible to understand competition!

The Nordies will face Bosnia and Austria.

Engerland have Spain and Croatia.

Scotland are grouped with Albania and Israel.

The tastiest group is Germany, France and Holland!

The competition will take place between September and November this year.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2017/1011/911527-nations-league-republic-of-ireland/

UEFA Nations League draw LIVE: Who will your team face? | Daily Mail Online

General Urko

Don't all rush to comment!:rolleyes:

General Urko

Fixtures -

6 Sept 2018, Wales v ROI
13 Oct 2018, ROI v DEN
16 Oct 2018, ROI v Wales
19 NOV 2018, DEN v ROI

between the bridges

Ffs how come we got an extra team...

Group B3: Northern Ireland, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Austria

General Urko

Ffs how come we got an extra team...

Group B3: Northern Ireland, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Austria
Well, ye have the better O'Neill and an easier group than us!
And on the basis that your fans were a credit at Euro 2016, I wish ye all the best!

General Urko

According to this -

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/ireland-nations-league-football-148419

This tournament is competitive so once you appear for a country, you are tied to it, unlike in regular friendlies!

so

"Michael Obafemi [Southampton], Scott Hogan [Aston Villa] and the West Ham duo of Declan Rice and Josh Cullen could all get competitive Ireland caps before the end of the year. All four players have dual nationalities, in the eyes of Fifa, while Obafemi can also line out for Nigeria if he so chooses."

cropbeye

If it had been in use last time Netherlands would have qualified for

Euro Cup by the back door.

Clanrickard

O Donoghue is an awful gobshyte.

Round tower

According to this -

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/ireland-nations-league-football-148419

This tournament is competitive so once you appear for a country, you are tied to it, unlike in regular friendlies!

so

"Michael Obafemi [Southampton], Scott Hogan [Aston Villa] and the West Ham duo of Declan Rice and Josh Cullen could all get competitive Ireland caps before the end of the year. All four players have dual nationalities, in the eyes of Fifa, while Obafemi can also line out for Nigeria if he so chooses."
Scot Hogan has all ready declared for the ROI and was a unused sub. in 4 senior internationals and played for the U21's so i hope he can't change as he is now started to show his goal scoring prowes with Villa, scored 2 last Sat.

Declan Rice needs to be capped at SL ASAP, he has proven a realfind this season and probably the find of the season in the PL coming through the club ranks.

Josh Cullen looked good against Shrewsbury

Obafemi, he can play for us or Nigeria, also possible Eng. as a player who spent so many years in a country, they can play for that country, residency.

Couple of other players should get a run i these games and the friendlies befoe hand Shaughnesy of Leeds, Hourigan of Villa, couple of Preston players.

It wont be easy, 1 get promoted, 1 relegated, ourselves and Wales will be both rebuilding, Denmark could be suffering a WC hangover

Ireland is Different!

I was excited about this yesterday...promotion to League A, quick qualification for the Euros, no more friendlies.
Then I saw the group and now I'm thinking we'll do well to avoid relegation and am praying for an easy group for the Euros qualifying process proper.

As for O'Neill...he's lucky to still have the Ireland job He can thanks his lucky stars that Redacted owns the FAI. So he should get over himself, bury the hatched with O'Donughue and learn some manners when talking to the Irish media who he clearly looks down on.

New Threads