Eurozone crisis: Stalling service sector sparks EU panic

bradlux

The IHS Markit eurozone purchasing managers’ index (PMI) remained unchanged at 50.9 in January. This is despite expectations for the key indicator of economic health to rise to 51.2 at the start of this year. German activity rose above expectations but was offset by weaker data from France, which was hit by nationwide strikes for several weeks.

PMI data underlined the weak position of the eurozone economy, which remains only slightly above the crucial level of 50.

The majority of companies surveyed reported a shrinking of activity.

McTell

Twitter
No
The euro 600 index that topped 398 in the year 2000, has zoomed on to hit 423 in 2020.

My savings are not invested in the eurozone.

blinding

I suggest a sensible deal with post Brexit Britain for a start.

But if the Eu must be bloody minded thats alright too.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Britain should make some demands before it deigns to enter into talks with the EU :)

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
It is going to be fun when the British negotiators open up with a statement such as 'we'd like a deal which could take as a starting point what we had some weeks ago only make it better for us, please, because we can then go home and say things like we outwitted the EU'.

That should make everyone giggle.

stopdoingstuff

I initially thought calling it a crisis was a bit much, but given that there has been only moderate growth after 10 years of low interest rates and trillions of Euros of "money" being created (the only version of transubstantiation that German protestants actually believe in), a slowdown could not come at a worse time and this could escalate.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies