• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

EU's ties to Israeli settlements

middleground

roc_

I think at this point in time more people are coming to realise that just as Israel is a Jewish state of nearly 9 million citizens, where some 2 million non-Jews live in peace and security, there is no reason why the future Palestinian Arab state should not host a sizable Jewish minority living in peace and security with the Arab majority.

That's quite apart from looking at the experience of making Gaza completely "judenrein" as per the dictats of the European left back some 15 years ago (who quickly abandoned the Israelis when Gaza was then taken over by extremists).

Then there is the reality that the Israelis tried time and again to come to a negotiated solution based on the two state solution with the Palestinians for 70 years.

But especially ensuing Arafat's 2000 intifada the Israelis understandably became weary of their Sisyphean effort and said , look, let's be reasonable and try this route, to try and live together.

I think at the higher levels of the EU they are coming to appreciate this reality and they are saying, look, the Israelis are a democratic people, we should try to listen to what they are saying, along with what ordinary Palestinians are saying too of course.

The Jews have rights and attachments to this land just as the Arabs do. That needs to be recognised by all parties.

Dame_Enda

A lot of EIs journalists are Jewish so I dont buy that argument from the Zionists against the site.

roc_

A lot of EIs journalists are Jewish so I dont buy that argument from the Zionists against the site.
Christ, what a completely desperate argument.
What if Stella Goldschlag wrote for them?
Or Yigal Amir.
Or some crazed religious zealots from Satmar or the Neturei Kharta.
Or any number of other examples including contemporary ones, like Tony Greenstein.
Or what would you make of the fact there were Jews in the Judenräte?
Do you think Abunimah doesn't actively recruit these type of Jews?
But you give a very good illustration of why he does so. :rolleyes:

james toney

Have the EU released figures of anti semitism for the last year?
I wonder is it as bad as it is in the USA.

former wesleyan

Oz Katerji is a gay, pro-Palestinian muslim and he doesn't buy your sh*te.

brughahaha

brughahaha

Oz Katerji is a gay, pro-Palestinian muslim and he doesn't buy your sh*te.
Speaking of not buying your sh!te

can you provide some evidence he's Pro Palestinian ...as a vile individual with a penchant for lying through your teeth , you wont mind if we don't take your word for it and ask for some evidence eh ?

james toney

Are you afraid of competition from American anti-Semites? :cool:
Why should i dear? Have any of you useless hasbarists got a brain cell between you....Just one even?

Identifiably right-wing individuals were responsible for 249 of the anti-Semitic “extremist” incidents in the US.
Meanwhile, identifiably left-wing individuals were responsible for none of 2018’s incidents, and Islamist individuals were responsible for four, according to the organization’s data.

In 2018, 249 acts of anti-Semitism (13% of the total anti-Semitic incidents) were attributable to known extremist groups or individuals inspired by extremist ideology.
In a call, Oren Segal, director of the ADL Center on Extremism, told the Jewish Telegraphic Agency that all 249 of those extremist incidents were attributable to white supremacists.
“Neither side of the political spectrum is exempt from intolerance.
The idea that this is a problem with only one side is wrong,” ADL CEO Jonathan Greenblatt told JTA during a conference call. However, he added that “white supremacy is a global terror threat.”

Guess who gives cover to holocaust deniers...and invites them to dinner? Take your time.

roc_

Oh well , if HE says it ...and on twitter, no less ..well it simply must be true :rolleyes:

Hes such a standard bearer of impartial criticism , you can provide lots of tweets where he criticises Israel ...because funnily I cant find any :rolleyes:

Again the zionists on here make the mistake of assuming everyone is as stupid and gullible as them :rolleyes:
Why does he need to join in with vicious voices like yours to prove he's "pro-Palestinian"?

And in fact many of those who have actually done most for Palestinians in real, tangible terms would say the likes of YOU are very much NOT pro-Palestinian. E.g. here - Calling for an awakening of conscience: Palestinians are real people

But as to Oz Katerji, and his tweet that Wesley posted, here's some background for you - Moral barometer: How the Syria conflict divided the left, pro-Palestinian voices and exposed a murderous support for Assad

former wesleyan

Speaking of not buying your sh!te

can you provide some evidence he's Pro Palestinian ...as a vile individual with a penchant for lying through your teeth , you wont mind if we don't take your word for it and ask for some evidence eh ?

"And, if you were genuinely progressive, you would all stop giving sectarians like Milne platforms and would give them to actual Palestinian activists. Boost their voices, not your own. Contemptible."

Like those in England who " demand proof " for anti-semitism , their Dublin counterparts like you don't actually want proof of anything. It's all in the script you never deviate from.

brughahaha

"And, if you were genuinely progressive, you would all stop giving sectarians like Milne platforms and would give them to actual Palestinian activists. Boost their voices, not your own. Contemptible."

Like those in England who " demand proof " for anti-semitism , their Dublin counterparts like you don't actually want proof of anything. It's all in the script you never deviate from.

Sorry , but can you point out anything in there that makes him Pro Palestinian...nothing there demonstrates that ...nothing

Try again
I'll even give you a clue
Try for something where he says what the Israelis occupation is brutal and wrong?
Or where he tweets East Jerusalem should be a Palestinian capital or the occupation should end tomorrow.

Anything Ive read isn him paying lip service to the Palestinians while obsessed with Hezbollah and Syria

So please something conclusively Pro Palestinian ...not just a mention in passing:rolleyes:

former wesleyan

" the occupation : that's a clue. But as I said, anti-semites don't really want proof. And you're one. His " obsession " with Syria could be down to the brutality of the Assad- Putin axis, but I'd be guessing. 400,000 dead in 4-5 years which is more than three times the total Jew-Arab casualties in the past 100 years is a factor in his attitude whereas with the Jew haters they simply want to ignore.

roc_

... Try for something where he says what the Israelis occupation is brutal and wrong?
Or where he tweets East Jerusalem should be a Palestinian capital or the occupation should end tomorrow.

Anything Ive read is him paying lip service to the Palestinians...
Your projections are fascinating, in a macabre kind of way.

Who doesn't say that the the Israelis' occupation is brutal and wrong? How many millions of times has it been said and who hasn't heard it?

What to do about it, and the underlying causes that make withdrawal unrealistic is the question though.

And what exactly happened for the Palestinians to reject the offers of both Barak and Olmert of a state on substantially all of the West Bank and Gaza with a capital in east Jerusalem?

You have to ask what's more realistically "pro-Palestinan", or in other words, truly in the best interests of Palestinians?

Is it really in always faithfully supporting the Syria-Iran-Russia axis that seeks a different imperialist order for the region, one that doesn't include Israel?

Is it really in vindicating the tactics of Hamas and Hizbollah when they sacrifice ordinary Palestinian Muslims to make the world hate Israel even more?

So here you have this man, Oz Katerji, he is in fact just one example out of many, who voices his objection to the thousands of disappeared Palestinians rotting in Assad's dungeons, and the killing of literally hundreds of thousands of his fellow Sunni Muslims by Assad, etc.

But because of his voicing this, he is turned on by other self-described "pro-Palestinians" - basically because Assad is supposed to be a force that seeks the end of Israel.

Now, I know you will scoff and scream with all your usual shrillness at this. But I would see myself as just as much "pro-Palestinian" as I am "pro-Israel".

And it is from this perspective that I seriously wonder at your camp never protesting Arab countries rejecting treaties to give the Palestinians their own state, their keeping the Palestinians in refugee camps, refusing to resettle any of them in their own countries, turning them into cheap and defenseless labor etc.

I seriously wonder why you make such apologetics for the Hamas rocket attacks that spur inevitable Israeli reprisals. How can that be in the best interests of ordinary Palestinians?

Of course there are many, many other examples of such contradictions, like not acknowledging the purpose of the Gaza blockade that stops weapons getting into the hands of extremist groups who glorify death and martyrdom. Or excusing Palestinian children being indoctrinated and enacted to carry out knife attacks on Jews. And so on.

In other words, the issue we're discussing, the broad support of Assad among self-described "pro-Palestinians", as rejected by Oz Katerji, is just the tip of this iceberg.

I appreciate there is an extremist element that basically sees the destruction of Israel as an overriding ideological objective that can only be achieved through Palestinian sacrifice and suffering. (What appears to be a highly pervasive element in this country).

But I find it a bit rich to call that element "pro-Palestinian". - "Anti-Israel", sure. - But they are not necessarily the same thing.

james toney

The EU is expanding its partnership with Bank Leumi, a major financier of settlements in the West Bank.

Should the EU end such partnerships?
I take it this is the same corrupt bank?

Bank Leumi was the first to admit to wrongdoing and reached a deferred prosecution agreement with the DOJ in 2014 that eventually resulted in the bank paying $400 million in fines to the U.S. government and the State of New York in order to avoid prosecution.
According to the DOJ, the agreement marked “the first time an Israeli bank has admitted to such criminal conduct, which spanned over a 10 year period.”
The investigations into the other two banks, Mizrahi Tefahot and Hapoalim, continued until just last Wednesday, when Mizrahi Tefahot agreed to pay $195 million in fines for “conspiring” with U.S. clients to avoid taxes. Like Leumi Bank, Mizrahi Tefahot admitted its guilt.

Golah veNekhar

Christ, what a completely desperate argument.
What if Stella Goldschlag wrote for them?
Or Yigal Amir.
Or some crazed religious zealots from Satmar or the Neturei Kharta.
Or any number of other examples including contemporary ones, like Tony Greenstein.
Or what would you make of the fact there were Jews in the Judenräte?
Do you think Abunimah doesn't actively recruit these type of Jews?
But you give a very good illustration of why he does so. :rolleyes:
This is an area where I strongly disagree with Gilad Atzmon. It is extremely important not just for Jews to oppose Zionism but to do so as Jews. The German government's anti-Semitism commissioner has urged Jews to avoid wearing skullcaps in public for their own safety. Muslim anti-Semitism comes down to Jews supporting actual existing Zionism which posits that it is illegitimate for Jews to murder and steal from Levantine non-Jews (hint- most non-Jewish Levantines are Muslim). The people most effective at combating Muslim anti-Semitism are Neturei Karta who are starved of resources because of their full on position as regards opposing Zionism which triggers sometimes even non-Zionist, Post-Zionist and Anti-Zionist Jews. Meanwhile establishment Jewry is funding anti-Muslim hate groups.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies