Even with ECB help, Ireland has a Failed Bond Auction

anewbeginning

They are going to get the money on the black market instead.

Or maybe print it? Was that the reason for the delivery to the mint?

Cassandra Syndrome

Pure speculation; meanwhile, it's going in the opposite direction.
I'll enjoy bringing this up when it hits the double digits. But you will be too busy throwing your coat over puddles for your beloved government officials.

HarshBuzz

The statement I quoted was to the effect that the focus was shifting back to Europe's debt crisis. In such circumstances do you not think it wiser to stay out of the sovereign bond market if one has no need to be there?
you made no mention of the debt crisis in your OP, you made explicit reference to 'the Euro'. The confusion is all of your own making!

I think withdrawing from the markets is an incredibly negative signal (speaking with my market participant hat on). If I was holding Irish debt, that would just provide me with another reason to dump it.

Also, if your statement about withdrawing from the markets when a debt crisis emerges holds water then riddle me this....why didn't we do likewise at the height of the debt crisis in May?

Cassandra Syndrome

I believe Sailor is suggesting that the markets will now short the Euro currency rather than betting against Ireland.

The Euro has strengthened big time against the dollar as traders believe Ben B will turn on the printing machines soon.

I'm quite shocked that the Euro is now worth $1.37 or thereabouts. Didn't see it coming i must admit but again if the yanks dont turn to QE2 it should revert to the $1.18-$1.25 range
Sailor couldn't even recognise a market if he walked through Camden on a Sunday.

He is a pathetic juvenile troll.

Squire Allworthy

All this tells me is that we are about to become recipients of the European Financial Stability Facility (EFSF).
+1

Inevitable.

The idea that deferrment of bond issues would result in lower rates of interest would depend on considerable quantities of good news in the coming months. What this would be is currently not evident. So the decision is either a gamble or the decision has been taken regarding the EFSF.

Sensible Head

It's amazing actually reading these threads sometimes.

Unless their door is kicked in at 5am, they are punched in the nuts and 50 quid taken from their wallet some people will just not grasp the seriousness of the plight of this country.

We can't pay our way, the young are ************************************g off and the country is being goverened at the behest of those who do not live on these shores. And people think the IMF is the answer.

The Republic as the means of organising the talent of this country for the benifit of its people has failed. Time for something else.

Mossy Heneberry

ronsh2000

i'll enjoy bringing this up when it hits the double digits. But you will be too busy throwing your coat over puddles for your beloved government officials.
I'll have to find them first. I didn't know I had any. By the way, how's your pan-government Climate Change conspiracy going these days? Is it still messing with your head?

nuj

The government has just announced that Bond auctions are cancelled indefinitely.
No they haven't. The next two are cancelled, and they've said they'll be back in January. That's not "indefinitely".

Cassandra Syndrome

I'll have to find them first. I didn't know I had any. By the way, how's your pan-government Climate Change conspiracy going these days? Is it still messing with your head?
Is that the best you can do?

As for our climate, solar cycle 24 is extremely weak and is a replica of the first few years of the Dalton Minimum before it really kicked off.

In other words, it looks like we are entering an era of Global cooling, while a bunch of psychopaths think that humanity controls the climate and use it as a device to control the population thanks to their many sycophants who think the sun shines out of their arse.

It doesn't, its a big yellow ball of mega nuclear energy 93 Million miles away that is the primary driver of our climate.

A 6 year old could tell you that, you silly boy. Deal with it.

Cassandra Syndrome

No they haven't. The next two are cancelled, and they've said they'll be back in January. That's not "indefinitely".
Excellent. Party in my house.

Crystal Champagne or Dom Perignon?

nuj

Paul Sommerville was on vincent Browne last night. He said that if the country cancels the bond auctions that will send a clear message of a vote of no confidence in our economy and capital flight will take place.

This is scary stuff.

TV3 - Video - Tonight with Vincent Browne, Wed 29 Sept: 11.05pm
Do you believe everything a glorified bookie's runner says?

There's been quite a short squeeze on in Irish bonds today, with 10-year yields back in by about 25 basis points. If that guy were correct, our yields would have been blown out today.

We've only recovered a small part of the widening of the last (even just) week, but it looks like this bloke's opinion is no better than, say, one of Goosebump's.

D

Deleted member 17573

As for our climate, solar cycle 24 is extremely weak and is a replica of the first few years of the Dalton Minimum before it really kicked off.

In other words, it looks like we are entering an era of Global cooling, while a bunch of psychopaths think that humanity controls the climate and use it as a device to control the population thanks to their many sycophants who think the sun shines out of their arse.

It doesn't, its a big yellow ball of mega nuclear energy 93 Million miles away that is the primary driver of our climate.

Of course the sun is the primary driver of Earth´s climate - without it you would have no climate. But that does not mean that other factors do not exert a significant influence. A 5 year old could have told you that!!

Cassandra Syndrome

We've only recovered a small part of the widening of the last (even just) week, but it looks like this bloke's opinion is no better than, say, one of Goosebump's.
:p

Thanks for that! I needed a good chuckle!

ronsh2000

I just wanted to ellicit your views on the subject; just in case anyone was inclined to take you seriously.

Catalpa

The NTMA has sufficient cash reserves to keep us going until the middle of next year without having to go back to the market. This is separate to the pension fund.
Also known as putting off the Evil Day...:?

- & by foregoing now we will have an even bigger amount to raise then.

We are living on borrowed time as much as borrowed money with this announcement.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies