• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Ever consider running as an election candidate?

ger12

Just wondering if many of yee fine upstanding P.ie posters have ever considered or have already on occasion added your name to the ballot paper in an election (general, local, European as an independent or with a political party)?

ruserious

Real politicians walk amongst us. We even had a presidential candidate who wanted to outlaw sugar and move the capital inland.

theloner

Not even for a millisecond.

Guess there must be a few on here who have though. Do we have any infamous politicians on here?

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
yup, 3 for 3 defeats... have been offered a co option council seat in the past but turned it down.. might run in 2014, will wait and see what the new constituencies look like

ger12

Real politicians walk amongst us. We even had a presidential candidate who wanted to outlaw sugar and move the capital inland.
Yeh, so I believe.

Your're pretty opinionated ruserious. Ever consider running in an election?

ger12

Not even for a millisecond.

Guess there must be a few on here who have though. Do we have any infamous politicians on here?
Why not?

ger12

yup, 3 for 3 defeats... have been offered a co option council seat in the past but turned it down.. might run in 2014, will wait and see what the new constituencies look like
Why did you turn it down?

southwestkerry

Seriously yes I did about 10 years ago. Sadly the feedback from folk told me I was so far to the right I made Maggi look like Anti Nora. Any how no party would have me and I had not a tenner to my name at the time, so looks like I did myself a favor.
SWK

ger12

6th class monitor maybe?
Now now, you don't shy from forcibly letting us know what John Biffo thinks, have you tried to get elected?

ger12

Seriously yes I did about 10 years ago. Sadly the feedback from folk told me I was so far to the right I made Maggi look like Anti Nora. Any how no party would have me and I had not a tenner to my name at the time, so looks like I did myself a favor.
SWK
Were you a member of a party at the time or ever?

ruserious

Yeh, so I believe.

Your're pretty opinionated ruserious. Ever consider running in an election?
Oh yes, but the idea of being tied to a part line repulses me. Therefore, independent would probably be the only way and I wouldn't have the resorces for that. So looks like my opinions will be blasted on here for the next 50-60 years all going well and the site still exists.

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
Just wondering if many of yee fine upstanding P.ie posters have ever considered or have already on occasion added your name to the ballot paper in an election (general, local, European as an independent or with a political party)?
Not in a GE, a local election, independent..... and if it was the Eurovision I would have come last. And I did.

southwestkerry

Were you a member of a party at the time or ever?
The PD's were non existent down here at the time and all overtones to them failed. Since then I tried FG... Jimmy gave me 15 mins and ran a mile. :cool:
If a new party set up shop I would try again, with more tame opinions I must admit. Non off that pay caps off 65K for the public service and so on.
SWK

ger12

Oh yes, but the idea of being tied to a part line repulses me. Therefore, independent would probably be the only way and I wouldn't have the resorces for that. So looks like my opinions will be blasted on here for the next 50-60 years all going well and the site still exists.
Yeh, being tied to a party line an be ... difficult.

Mind you Peader Tobin managed to handle that one pretty well this week. How effective would you really be as an independent though.

ger12

ruserious

Yeh, being tied to a party line an be ... difficult.

Mind you Peader Tobin managed to handle that one pretty well this week. How effective would you really be as an independent though.
I wouldn't be which is why I wouldn't do it.

ger12

Not in a GE, a local election, independent..... and if it was the Eurovision I would have come last. And I did.
Noooo.

Put you off for life?

ger12

The PD's were non existent down here at the time and all overtones to them failed. Since then I tried FG... Jimmy gave me 15 mins and ran a mile. :cool:
If a new party set up shop I would try again, with more tame opinions I must admit. Non off that pay caps off 65K for the public service and so on.
SWK
Tame opinions because you've tamed or are more cute about how to go about politics?