Everyone okay with AGS giving themselves a free pass on the breadth test debacle?

Disillusioned democrat

I know this is kind of being over shadowed by eh, other events, but I just wanted to check the "pulse of the nation" here, because I hear on the meeja that people are happy to just move on and put a line under the whole 2m false breath tests misunderstanding.

Not a good use of tax payers money, it would seem, and even though they don't know what caused it, they're universally happy that it's no longer a problem.

Are the cops having a laugh or is this for real?

Who's policing the police????

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
Standard Mexican standoff. With the unique Irish twist, that the same gang toss the guns around themselves to scare the onlookers, while secretly laughing all the way to the bank and denigrating the suckers fooled yet again.

Disillusioned democrat

Standard Mexican standoff. With the unique Irish twist, that the same gang toss the guns around themselves to scare the onlookers, while secretly laughing all the way to the bank and denigrating the suckers fooled yet again.
I keep waiting for Charles Flanagan to wade in and tell them this is unacceptable...but then I remember who Charles Flanagan is.

Henry94.

By what right do these people now police us? Surely it is a waste of resources trying to find out who was responsible for anything at that rate.

What they are saying in none of them will tell the trust so there is no way of establishing what actually happened. What this country needs is a whistleblower.

Gin Soaked

I had noticed the older Gardai were getting a bit portly. So a pass without a reccomendation to at least stay away from the mince pies seems a bit sloppy. (Sorry, could not resist)

On faking a million breath tests, that has to be a resigning or serious demotion issue for whoever signed off on this at a divisional level.

Basically make them too scared to turn a blind eye.

There are too many p1ssed f@rts driving around the place.

Gin Soaked

By what right do these people now police us? Surely it is a waste of resources trying to find out who was responsible for anything at that rate.

What they are saying in none of them will tell the trust so there is no way of establishing what actually happened. What this country needs is a whistleblower.
Can't see much of a queue forming for that role at the moment.

What we need is to import the top mgmt in the Gardai from a proper country.

tigerben

I don’t think as a country we get much right. Health , housing , banking , policing , roads , water ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect .... We are like a third world country masquerading as a first world country. Every one believes in excuses like , advice giving , misremembered, can’t remember, it wasn’t me , reports , tribunals . No one is held responsible. We are so use to it that we expect it as norm now. This lack of responsibility has steeped into everything. But it’s seems to be part of our “culture”. I’m sure Simon Harris , AGS , Ross over stepside are all happy with Frances Fitzgerald at the moment . It’s taking the heat off them at the moment .

fat finger

We spent millions of euros on tribunals that made fat lawyers even fatter and where did that get us, what got changed as a result? Nowt

Catalpast

I don’t think as a country we get much right. Health , housing , banking , policing , roads , water ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect .... We are like a third world country masquerading as a first world country. Every one believes in excuses like , advice giving , misremembered, can’t remember, it wasn’t me , reports , tribunals . No one is held responsible. We are so use to it that we expect it as norm now. This lack of responsibility has steeped into everything. But it’s seems to be part of our “culture”. I’m sure Simon Harris , AGS , Ross over stepside are all happy with Frances Fitzgerald at the moment . It’s taking the heat off them at the moment .
We are like a third world country masquerading as a first world country

Have you ever lived in a Third World Country?

Disillusioned democrat

We spent millions of euros on tribunals that made fat lawyers even fatter and where did that get us, what got changed as a result? Nowt
It did sound bizarre, though, a cop telling us that cost is now a factor in deciding if justice should be done.

I imagine that'll line us up nicely for a Justice levy or a local Justice Tax - the rate of investigation and prosecution in an area will depend on how much the local cops collect in LJT.

I thought after the Frances Fitzgerald farce yesterday it'd be a while before I got to say I think we've hit a new low, but less that 24 hours later...I think we've hit a new low.

bog_trotter

New policing service needed. It's the only viable solution to the endless endemic problems within An Gárda Síochána

paulp

I know this is kind of being over shadowed by eh, other events, but I just wanted to check the "pulse of the nation" here, because I hear on the meeja that people are happy to just move on and put a line under the whole 2m false breath tests misunderstanding.

Not a good use of tax payers money, it would seem, and even though they don't know what caused it, they're universally happy that it's no longer a problem.

yep, I'm grand with it

maybe formally reprimanding a thousand gardai, which I guess many(all) would appeal, maybe some would leave and sue for constructive dismissal, (which would likely win), is the right thing to do, but, practically, i don't think it's feasible.

paulp

It did sound bizarre, though, a cop telling us that cost is now a factor in deciding if justice should be done.

I imagine that'll line us up nicely for a Justice levy or a local Justice Tax - the rate of investigation and prosecution in an area will depend on how much the local cops collect in LJT.

I thought after the Frances Fitzgerald farce yesterday it'd be a while before I got to say I think we've hit a new low, but less that 24 hours later...I think we've hit a new low.
consultants not doing their hours in order to see extra private patients hit more of a nerve with me tbh

Dame_Enda

Disturbing that the Acting Commissioner said there will be no punishments for those involved in the penalty points scandal.

damus

How would members of a police force falsifying results be dealt with in any other country?

an innocent abroad

consultants not doing their hours in order to see extra private patients hit more of a nerve with me tbh
What is it about a certain so-called "professional" class in this country where ethics, honesty, accountability are non existing and are purely motivated by sheer greed

Roll_On

An investigation/tribunal would be pointless, cost millions and nobody would be punished anyway. Spend that money getting Europol in, create a new police force properly trained and managed and disband ags.

irish_bob

as a people we have always held our police force to an incredibly low standard , most people will never encounter garda corruption so are pretty laid back about it as a result , either that or some of the corruption they dont consider to be corruption at all but favours from a friend , the government should fall over this matter but i still see FG returning as the largest party , corruption in the guards is not a high priority for most people

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies