• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Ex-Anglo CEO David Drumm files for bankruptcy in US

Sync

Mind if I put Drumm's name in the title Outsider?

Watcher2

What, you think he will be touched this side of the water? A little niaive dont you think?

Sync

theoutsider

What, you think he will be touched this side of the water? A little niaive dont you think?
No I said he'll get away with what ever he owes over here. Don't think we'll see him on an Are Lingus flight back from Boston anytime soon

Watcher2

No I said he'll get away with what ever he owes over here. Don't think we'll see him on an Are Lingus flight back from Boston anytime soon
Sorry, I should have been more clear, he doesn't need to declare himself bankrupt over there to render himself untouchable this side of the pond. He was never going to be touched anyway.

Libero

Does anyone know if the residency status of a non-citizen in the US would be dramatically affected by a filing for bankruptcy?

Then again, maybe Mrs Drumm has - somehow - the requisite net worth to secure ongoing residency in the US and her poor stoney broke hubbie can tag along.

Mitsui2

Does anyone know if the residency status of a non-citizen in the US would be dramatically affected by a filing for bankruptcy?

Then again, maybe Mrs Drumm has - somehow - the requisite net worth to secure ongoing residency in the US and her poor stoney broke hubbie can tag along.
Wow! Wouldn't that be an amazing stroke of luck for him if it were the case?

stanley

Extradite him now, he is playing a gamble, find a charge, they already asked him to come back voluntarily, this is a test case he has given them all the 2 fingers.

jmcc

Perhaps as payback for the Special Rendition flights they can send the useless git back here.

Regards...jmcc

Maximus Cynicus

Perhaps as payback for the Special Rendition flights they can send the useless git back here.

Regards...jmcc
No, we need some serious Foreign Direct Investment in this country now, not another Anglo joker on €188 a month :?

jmcc

No, we need some serious Foreign Direct Investment in this country now, not another Anglo joker on €188 a month :?
Well it would be just for a chat about graves and cemetaries. :)

Regards...jmcc

theoutsider

Sorry, I should have been more clear, he doesn't need to declare himself bankrupt over there to render himself untouchable this side of the pond. He was never going to be touched anyway.
Good point - also being bankrupt over there means he can start ruining (sorry running) a business again by the age of 50. Mind oyu if anyone is stupid enough to hire him...they deserve everything they get.

Over here he's be bankrupt until late 50s.

However I wonder if the US courts are less forgiving in bankrupty terms