Ex-Garda chief appointed to new international post

Aindriu

So, one of possibly the most incompetent Commissioners in the history of An Garda Siochana has been given a plum international post.

Ex-Garda chief appointed to new international post - BBC News

Commissioner O’Sullivan brings to the IACP over 30 years of invaluable law enforcement experience. Commissioner Nóirín O’Sullivan has shown an unwavering commitment to the law enforcement profession, and will be a great asset to the association and the global profession.
Really?

Frankly, I see her as one of the corrupt old guard in the AGS. Yes, she claimed she was reforming them but it certainly wasn't happening quickly or transparently - if at all. The attempt to discredit Maurice McCabe is also against her.

What do other P.IEers think of this appointment?

Disillusioned democrat

Shocking indictment of the IACP's objectives to be honest.

She was a genuinely bad cop - incompetent, dishonest and ineffectual...why would an international advocacy group want her onboard?

Disillusioned democrat

Does ANYONE know how this association gets funded?

Okay - I just found this on the website..

BECOME A PARTNER
We make it easy for our partners to support injured law enforcement officers by creating customized elements to engage your target audience.

Is Noirin about to turn the Gardai into the next "Army Deafness" ATM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Army_deafness_claims

Levellers

This newly created position is paid for by the Irish tax payer so Leo didn't have to take a hard decision.

blinding

Its no wonder that our Elite are so Pro Eu .

If you are in the right circle you can be incompetent in your job and when that comes to an end you walk into a highly paid / highly expenced / highly pensioned Eu job .

The Maffia ain’t a touch on this lot .

The_SR

Its no wonder that our Elite are so Pro Eu .

If you are in the right circle you can be incompetent in your job and when that comes to an end you walk into a highly paid / highly expenced / highly pensioned Eu job .

The Maffia ain’t a touch on this lot .
Its an American organisation, but thanks for playing.

blinding

Can’t see ya getting that post if " Influence “ from the Eu isn’t pivotal .

How many of our corrupt politicians have gone to continue their activities with the EU ?

Disillusioned democrat

It's objectives are a bit unclear from their website - I can't understand how Noirin's experience is in anyway relevant to a US-centric organisation unless they're planning a bit of an expansion.

Either way it's a sick joke on the citizens of this country.

hoipolloi

The_SR

Can’t see ya getting that post if " Influence “ from the Eu isn’t pivotal .

How many of our corrupt politicians have gone to continue their activities with the EU ?
Not even slightly.

Disillusioned democrat

Let's hope Sergeant McCabe doesn't have to use their services .....
Maybe it's her way of giving back...poacher turned gamekeeper, maybe this is her apology to all the good cops she's tried to destroy on her way up the ranks...or it could just be a pointless sinecure to keep her quiet while paying her to fly around the world to endless conferences.

The_SR

This newly created position is paid for by the Irish tax payer so Leo didn't have to take a hard decision.
But its not.

I agree she is stunningly underqualified for the job, but lose the tin foil hat

Disillusioned democrat

But its not.

I agree she is stunningly underqualified for the job, but lose the tin foil hat
To be honest, based on multiple disappointments in the past, I wouldn't be all that surprised if one of our state agencies became a "sponsorship partner" in 2018.

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
Lets compile a list of those from high paid jobs who failed the state (while doing nothing wrong) and went on to even higher posts with even more money or got well paid for doing nothing.

blinding

Lets compile a list of those from high paid jobs who failed the state (while doing nothing wrong) and went on to even higher posts with even more money or got well paid for doing nothing.
A lot of them working for the Eu or for Banks .

Eire1976

she clearly knows something very damaging to the top in FG.

She was supported when anyone else would have been shown the door.

She should have been sacked and denied all payments or promotions to any other posts.

TheWolf

So, one of possibly the most incompetent Commissioners in the history of An Garda Siochana has been given a plum international post.

Ex-Garda chief appointed to new international post - BBC News

Really?

Frankly, I see her as one of the corrupt old guard in the AGS. Yes, she claimed she was reforming them but it certainly wasn't happening quickly or transparently - if at all. The attempt to discredit Maurice McCabe is also against her.

What do other P.IEers think of this appointment?
Seemingly, the amount of people caught drink driving across Europe has doubled overnight.....

Disillusioned democrat

Kevin Cardiff was always my favourite because of the irony value....up to now, but Noirin O'Sullivan working on "policing best practice" is actually even more ironic than a lad who couldn't account for €bns going off to chair the court of auditors.

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies