• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Ex IRA spy appointed as vice principle of Londonderry school

death or glory

Headline in today's Belfast Telegraph
Another hard lesson on dealing with past - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
How could the PUL community have confidence and security when being continually bombarded with reconciliation statements by republicans then this is being refuted by their actions. Consider the flag issue, the naming of a council play park after a Provo terrorist and now appointing a ex IRA spy a vice principle post in a catholic school.
This so called respectable teacher was brought up through the provo ranks via the Queens student union brigade after the they had announced their ceasefire in 1994 and supposidly in an era of peace.
How could this evil terrorist be a role model to young impressionable Roman Catholic girls.
Has she apologised for her terrorist past?
Has she refuted and denounced terrorist activities?

Global Justice

Headline in today's Belfast Telegraph
Another hard lesson on dealing with past - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
How could the PUL community have confidence and security when being continually bombarded with reconciliation statements by republicans then this is being refuted by their actions. Consider the flag issue, the naming of a council play park after a Provo terrorist and now appointing a ex IRA spy a vice principle post in a catholic school.
This so called respectable teacher was brought up through the provo ranks via the Queens student union brigade after the they had announced their ceasefire in 1994 and supposidly in an era of peace.
How could this evil terrorist be a role model to young impressionable Roman Catholic girls.
Has she apologised for her terrorist past?
Has she refuted and denounced terrorist activities?
Sectarian sh1te. Zoo-fest.

death or glory

Again Globes dear - instead of putting an arguement together result to sectarian abuse.

Has she, has she ? Is their any answers

death or glory

Death or Glory, you really need to get out more.
Swords- I would appreciate your opinion on this matter.

Did I forget to mention this was front page headlines in Todays Belfast telegraph so why should I not menton it. Is relevant news headlines not thread worthy?

between the bridges

Lets put it another way who wants their kids taught by an ex-convict...

(other than some day release going ''don't do what i did'')

J

Johnny Boy

A vice principle with no principals......................now there's a first!:roll:

death or glory

Unionist bigots and religious extremists can hold top public and health jobs, but fenians are still being discriminated against? Them days are long gone, dog.
Globes dear
As usual no arguement just sectarian bile. When you menton discrimination which party and ex storomont minister was recently found guilty of discriminating against Protestants? Go on have a guess and they are not appealing as Guilty as charged. Power corrupts and dscrimination occurs to the detriment of prods.

former wesleyan

Again Globes dear - instead of putting an arguement together result to sectarian abuse.

Has she, has she ? Is their any answers
I wouldn't get your knickers in a twist over this if I were you; she's been heading up educational quangos and suchlike for some time now. I presume she's a reformed person, and entirely suited to teaching the British educational curriculum.

Google Image Result for http://www.derryjournal.com/webimage/1.3664639.1332608432!image/340961602.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_595/340961602.jpg

TiredOfBeingTired

death or glory

Sorry "I presume" is not good enough, has she repented from her terrorist past so is she a suitable role model for students
I wouldn't get your knickers in a twist over this if I were you; she's been heading up educational quangos and suchlike for some time now. I presume she's a reformed person, and entirely suited to teaching the British educational curriculum.

Google Image Result for http://www.derryjournal.com/webimage/1.3664639.1332608432!image/340961602.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_595/340961602.jpg

Swords Hoopster

Swords- I would appreciate your opinion on this matter.
I don't think you'll like it DOG!!!

You believe the IRA were terrorists and that's fine. Others like Global Justice believe they were fighting against a grubby, sectarian State that trampled all over his communities rights. Personally, I think there was some very bad sh*t committed by both sides all the way up to the GFA in 1998.

The fact is, if a former UDR or British Army man was installed as principle of a school, CNR's may well think that such a person shouldn't be appointed to such an office. You would probably disagree with that but that's just the way it is. If a former IRA commander is good enough to be the Deputy First Minister of the State, then a former IRA member is good enough to be a school principle. (As would a former British soldier or UDR person by the way).

Wounds are evidently still raw, even after a decade and a half of (relative) peace. You're quite clearly still raw about it DOG and that's understandable.

But it works both ways.

eskrimador

Kinda funny that Allister was on objecting to this whilst presently supporting a paedophile.

CarnivalOfAction

Lets put it another way who wants their kids taught by an ex-convict...

(other than some day release going ''don't do what i did'')
Better that being lectured to by mass murderers [ Forde, Jackson, Hermon . . ] who never served a day in jail.

former wesleyan

death or glory

swords hoopster

Some part time UDR and RUC men were also teachers and served their country and their students and did so without being cowarly murderers. In fact I know of a local headmaster in Co Tyrone who was targeted and shot on his way to school because he proudly and legitimally served in the UDR.
What republicans refuse to publically accept yet still know the reality is that there is no legitimate comparison between the IRA and members of the security forces. You can compare Loyalist and republican terrorst groups but you dont accept this comparison Doh.If you read the editors viewpoint it says we accept the DFM because it is a democratic vote yet this is perhaps a step to far.

Aristodemus

It's ironic that a thread about education refers to a vice principle. Whatever the drawbacks of such a person here's hoping they introduce English and particularly English grammar into the syllabus.

eskrimador

Some part time UDR and RUC men were also teachers and served their country and their students and did so without being cowarly murderers. In fact I know of a local headmaster in Co Tyrone who was targeted and shot on his way to school because he proudly and legitimally served in the UDR.
What republicans refuse to publically accept yet still know the reality is that there is no legitimate comparison between the IRA and members of the security forces. You can compare Loyalist and republican terrorst groups but you dont accept this comparison Doh.If you read the editors viewpoint it says we accept the DFM because it is a democratic vote yet this is perhaps a step to far.
Think you'll find some were also 'cowardly murderers'. Even set up their own.