• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Ex-Irish Nationwide boss Fingleton ordered to repay €13.6m Ulster Bank loan

eoghanacht

Former Irish Nationwide chief executive Michael Fingleton has been ordered by the commercial court to pay a €13.6m property loan owed to Ulster Bank.

The bank also brought a case against two Monaghan property developers and Fianna Fáil Senator Francis O’Brien, from Castleblayney.

Ulster Bank advanced the money to the four men in July 2006 to buy a 50-acre site at Swellan Upper and Lower, Farnham Road, Cavan.

Mr Justice Peter Kelly ordered Michael Fingleton to hand over the sum. He also handed down €12m judgements against Senator O’Brien and Monaghan developers Noel Mulligan from Moyles, Castleshane, and Charles McGuinness of Tully House.

Read more: Ex-Irish Nationwide boss Fingleton ordered to repay

I couldn't find a thread on this seems Marys mishap is the main item on P.ie.

All i can say is how do you like them apples fingers.

A little bit more of my faith in this country is restored.

moodracer

Former Irish Nationwide chief executive Michael Fingleton has been ordered by the commercial court to pay a €13.6m property loan owed to Ulster Bank.

The bank also brought a case against two Monaghan property developers and Fianna Fáil Senator Francis O’Brien, from Castleblayney.

Ulster Bank advanced the money to the four men in July 2006 to buy a 50-acre site at Swellan Upper and Lower, Farnham Road, Cavan.

Mr Justice Peter Kelly ordered Michael Fingleton to hand over the sum. He also handed down €12m judgements against Senator O’Brien and Monaghan developers Noel Mulligan from Moyles, Castleshane, and Charles McGuinness of Tully House.
FF, banks and developers........ i dont believe it:p

eoghanacht

Land prices should be regulated by law.
One of the many things we are learning from this debachle Cruimh.
This will be a great little country one day Cruimh it's a pity neither
of us will live to see it.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
He'd some neck too.. in his submission outlining his assets to the court, he FORGOT to tell the court that he had a 27 million euro pension

Into the Joy he should be put if you ask me

eoghanacht

He'd some neck too.. in his submission outlining his assets to the court, he FORGOT to tell the court that he had a 27 million euro pension

Into the Joy he should be put if you ask me
Thats stock and trade defence, remember all those 'gentlemen' who conviniently forgot vital information at the right time.

The galling thing is that that is an exceptable defense, it's actually ridiculous. Not to mention if you tried tell that to the judge if you were up for no T.V License.

Toughki shiztki as Ivan might say.

To think fingers and co pay large legal fees and the best advice they get is to tell the court you 'forgot'.

They aren't even laughing at us anymore.

Cato

Even if he does pay it all back he will still be left quite comfortable. Furthermore none of this will go back to the state in order to help pay for the mess he had a hand in creating.

atlantic

no they shoud not ya commie.The biggest thugs in the celtic tiger was the government the ECB and the banksters.If we could get rid of these three parasites we would be sound.

Land prices should be regulated by law.