Examples of "pervasive civic ignorance" in Ireland: please list.

GDPR

That you can always rely on Paddy-tit to turn a conversation about civic duties into a rehash of the last little Referendum.

Thats how Paddy interprets civil society. :D

D

Deleted member 45466

Feel free to join others on a new thread about it. Marriage was already there, it was just updated and redefined. The constitution is really not a place to dump things that a government doesn't want someone else undoing.
Marriage was never defined in the constitution.

sic transit

Marriage was never defined in the constitution.
Sigh!

What was I saying about cluelessness on the constitution?

Article 41.3

The State pledges itself to guard with special
care the institution of Marriage, on which the
Family is founded, and to protect it against attack.
Oh and I'm not going to indulge you in any more derailing. Start your own thread on it.

D

Deleted member 45466

Sigh!

Article 41.3

Oh and I'm not going to indulge you in any more derailing. Start your own thread on it.
That's not a definition.

You derailed it when you brought abortion into it.

ger12

That you can always rely on Paddy-tit to turn a conversation about civic duties into a rehash of the last little Referendum.

Thats how Paddy interprets civil society. :D
Who's Paddy?

che2

Making the comment 'will the teacher's actions turn the public against them' in an effort to rouse the rabble.

ger12

Another bugbear of mine, thinking that the Constitution is the place for anything like this in the first place.
Is it just this right you'd exclude or all rights/principles?

silverharp

spending money with little cost/benefit analysis because "Dublin" or the "EU" are paying for it

Congalltee

Sigh!

Article 41.3

A thread about how the ignorant promote falsities which spread through society is trolled by ignorant bigots, refighting the marriage equality referendum.

sic transit

Is it just this right you'd exclude or all rights/principles?
Much of what's there, basic civil rights, definition of state, branches of the executive, justice etc. Everything else is legislation.

D

Deleted member 45466

A thread about how the ignorant promote falsities which spread through society is trolled by ignorant bigots, refighting the marriage equality referendum.
Ignorance is not knowing what a definition is. I give you poster Sic Transit, P.ie's self appointed constitutional expert.

:lol:

Catalpast

Now Im up for it:

The fact that we passed the SSM Referendum means we are thoroughly committed to equality under the Constitution for all citizens.
Did the opposite in fact

It demeaned the Institution of Marriage

It made my marriage to a Woman

- to be on the same level

- of that of being married to a Man....:-(

Thankfully I was married in a Church

- so I take some compensation from that...

sic transit

Ignorance is not knowing what a definition is. I give you poster Sic Transit, P.ie's self appointed constitutional expert.

:lol:
I said it was in the constitution, which it is. You told me it wasn't. I made no claims about definitions. You came up with the word all by yourself.

Catalpast

I'll bite.

1. If you are from Northern Ireland, you are British and have no entitlement to either natural or juridical citizenship of our shyte-hole. Because that is what the GFA said.

2. The current defamation laws are four square with civil liberties, because shewer yer ma told you not to make a show of yourself.

3. The 8th Amendment which gives equal rights to a foetus and a live human being is an example of how sophisticated and compassionate and truly meaningful our law is, instead of a laughing stock.
The 8th Amendment which gives equal rights to a foetus and a live human being is an example of how sophisticated and compassionate and truly meaningful our law is, instead of a laughing stock

A foetus is a Living Human Being!

instead of a laughing stock

To those who hold Human Life in contempt perhaps...

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom