• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Exit Poll suggest there is significant support among Irish voters for a united Ireland

Emily Davison

The complete ignorance of the nature of unionists by nationalists , north and south never ceases to amaze.

Unionists have zero trust of the south and less than that for northern republicans. They will not go quietly into the night.
It might help if you elaborated on what scares you. Let’s start with zero trust. What are you scared of.

AhNowStop

A percentage of unionists will certainly take up arms and I would suggest a notably higher percentage than did so for the Provos.

As I said it is the ignorance of unionists which is causing this lack of understanding. Giving up is not in the DNA. Allowing themselves to be defeated by Irish republicanism will not be allowed to happen without a major conflagration.

This will have nothing to do with economic arguments or whether Westminster wants to remain. This is perceived as a struggle to survive and treated accordingly by many thousands of people.

An independent NI had not been on the agenda but it would be deemed superior to a UI. Smaller countries exist and indeed thrive.
Lads & Lassies Newrybholl1cks is a fantasist loyalist loon from some sink estate .. the same loon that thought the bombing of Monaghan & Dublin was deserved .. I'd pay scant attention to this insecure, sad & bitter little man .. only to mock of course ;)

AhNowStop

There hasn't been majority rule for 50 years and it's against the GFA so why on earth would republicans think they'd get it?
Newrybholl1cks thinks that the duplicitous DUP can continue to use the POC to stifle change and to maintain unionist hegemony in the North ... fortunately that wont be allowed to continue as if they (unionism) dont start to play ball (and they wont) we will have a border poll ...

the GFA takes care of that ;)

Mickeymac

Newrybholl1cks thinks that the duplicitous DUP can continue to use the POC to stifle change and to maintain unionist hegemony in the North ... fortunately that wont be allowed to continue as if they (unionism) dont start to play ball (and they wont) we will have a border poll ...

the GFA takes care of that ;)

Given the huge rise re the cross community vote in the Euros attained by Long and her party is a huge pain in the ass for newrytroll and his ilk, if that voting trend continues, unionist political dinosaurs and their fellow travellers in the far right hate groups and loyalist paramilitarism will fast become an embarrassment to the vast majority of forward looking folk in the sick counties.........btw I can see a cure in sight for the "sick" part of the false statelet.👍

mr_anderson

Further findings from the RTÉ TG4 Exit Poll suggest there is significant support among Irish voters for a united Ireland.

65% of voters polled have indicated they would vote in favour of a United Ireland if a referendum was held tomorrow. 19% would vote against the proposal, while 15% of respondents to the poll said they did not know or refused to answer the question.
I wonder how many taxpayers want it ?

Northsideman

The exit poll is totally discredited.

Newrybhoy

Given the huge rise re the cross community vote in the Euros attained by Long and her party is a huge pain in the ass for newrytroll and his ilk, if that voting trend continues, unionist political dinosaurs and their fellow travellers in the far right hate groups and loyalist paramilitarism will fast become an embarrassment to the vast majority of forward looking folk in the sick counties.........btw I can see a cure in sight for the "sick" part of the false statelet.👍
It'll be interesting to see if SF voters turn to Alliance and not just the genteel Prods and Castle Catholics.

Mickeymac

It'll be interesting to see if SF voters turn to Alliance and not just the genteel Prods and Castle Catholics.

Your rant makes no sense sir and has no reverence at all to my comments above bar some dopey wishful thinking on your part.

Northsideman

Let’s hold the border-poll then- you would be calling for one if you thought it could not win- so why are you not calling for one-
WTF are you talking about? I want a United Ireland and if a border poll was an all Ireland poll it would pass but there is FA chance of it passing in the six counties. If you think all the non unionists who are dependent on the British Tax payer to pay their wages (and that is a very large number) will all vote for an uncertain future in a United Ireland you are frankly deluded. Few will admit that but like the Jocks second thoughts and self preservation will come to the fore, it just won't pass.

Newrybhoy

WTF are you talking about? I want a United Ireland and if a border poll was an all Ireland poll it would pass but there is FA chance of it passing in the six counties. If you think all the non unionists who are dependent on the British Tax payer to pay their wages (and that is a very large number) will all vote for an uncertain future in a United Ireland you are frankly deluded. Few will admit that but like the Jocks second thoughts and self preservation will come to the fore, it just won't pass.
The most sensible post you've ever made.

Too many people on good jobs that are never voting to put them in jeapordy.

Northsideman

The most sensible post you've ever made.

Too many people on good jobs that are never voting to put them in jeapordy.
My posts are always sensible.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies