• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Exit Poll suggest there is significant support among Irish voters for a united Ireland

McSlaggart

It'll be interesting to see if SF voters turn to Alliance and not just the genteel Prods and Castle Catholics.
People vote they are not fixed on any one party. SDLP used to be the major nationalist party in the north.

Peter72

The last thing we need is having those yahoos in the 6 as our responsibility.

Mickeymac

The last time I checked all the main parties in the Republic supported a united Ireland so the shinner vote is irrelevant. The only party with TDs in the Dail to state their opposition to a UI are the Trotskyite nutters who belong to Solidarity.

Leave the general alone, I enjoy his patriotism.😂😂😂😂😂👍

Do
Not play silly games with me pal.
Thanks for not answering.

Thing is

Newrybhoy

People vote they are not fixed on any one party. SDLP used to be the major nationalist party in the north.
There is s degree of crossover but no unionist will ever vote SF yet some Shinners appear to have voted Alliance.

McSlaggart

There is s degree of crossover but no unionist will ever vote SF yet some Shinners appear to have voted Alliance.
Naomi Long is a great politician who people will vote for. So what if no "unionist" votes for SF?

Newrybhoy

Naomi Long is a great politician who people will vote for. So what if no "unionist" votes for SF?
Well hopefully given their collapse in the south and a move to the centre in NI,we may be experiencing the beginning of the end of SF.

Mickeymac

Keep your nose out of things you know nothing about plastic.

Years ago I told you DT, unionism would die and stoops wiped out, those predictions appear to have reached fruition to an extent whilst your same old, same old rhetoric remains the same.😂

McSlaggart

Well hopefully given their collapse in the south and a move to the centre in NI,we may be experiencing the beginning of the end of SF.
SF is not the issue for unionism. The issue for unionism is the logic of having a 6 counties not part of the rest of the Island.

Newrybhoy

Years ago I told you DT, unionism would die and stoops wiped out, those predictions appear to have reached fruition to an extent whilst your same old, same old rhetoric remains the same.😂
Yeah unionism has died. Lol.

Even the Shinners are voting for the soft unionist Alliance party you fool.

If you note, Dodds and Long were elected before the bomber.

Newrybhoy

SF is not the issue for unionism. The issue for unionism is the logic of having a 6 counties not part of the rest of the Island.
Should Portugal and Spain unite?France and Belgium ?

Should Catalonia be independent?

Ireland is a piece of land with two countries on it. Accept it.

raetsel

A turkey celebrating Christmas? Whatever next?
You do realise that Alliance have no policy on the union? Some of its members are soft nationalists, some are soft unionists. Same as many of its voters. I voted Alliance and like many others I did because I realised that it would ensure that for the first time ever unionism would be reduced to one seat. It would send a crystal clear message to the EU and Westminster that the DUP and unionist in general are now a minority and do not represent the majority of people here.

Newrybhoy

A turkey celebrating Christmas? Whatever next?
You do realise that Alliance have no policy on the union? Some of its members are soft nationalists, some are soft unionists. Same as many of its voters. I voted Alliance and like many others I did because I realised that it would ensure that for the first time ever unionism would be reduced to one seat. It would send a crystal clear message to the EU and Westminster that the DUP and unionist in general are now a minority and do not represent the majority of people here.
When Alliance get a presence west of the Bann come back to me.

McSlaggart

Northern Ireland is by its very name part of Ireland. You may have not been part of the good Friday agreement but it was passed and set down the terms of ending Northern Ireland .

Mickeymac

Yeah unionism has died. Lol.

Even the Shinners are voting for the soft unionist Alliance party you fool.

If you note, Dodds and Long were elected before the bomber.

Good to see you realising (at last) democracy and how it works through a fair system, in the Brit system Martina was the outright winner, no seconds or thirds pal.

bang bang

Stealing land with threats of terrorism doesn't make it yours. Keep packing.

raetsel

When Alliance get a presence west of the Bann come back to me.
Are you still falsely claiming that most Alliance voters come from unionist backgrounds? I have proved on various occasions that this is utter nonsense.
Perhaps you might explain why, in the 2014 Euro election, when the Alliance candidate was eliminated, the SDLP tally increased by 24,675 votes, compared to a total rise of 11,759 for the three unionists.
When are you going to stop peddling this obvious falsehood?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies