• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Explosion reported in Derry/Londonderry.

Ren84

Possible Explosion in Derry

Martin McGuinness tweeted about 30 mins ago:

Martin McGuinness ‏@M_McGuinness_SF 27m
Loud explosion in Derry few minutes ago, whatever caused it, hope there are no casualties.
Nothing on RTÉ/Pravda or BBC. Any other updates?

belfast1981

A few have been mentioning it, but it seems a large explosion happened in the City of Derry/Londonderry tonight. SF's Martin McGuinness mentioned it on his twitter and more reports seem to be coming through.

Martin McGuinness ‏@M_McGuinness_SF 27m

Loud explosion in Derry few minutes ago, whatever caused it, hope there are no casualties.
Sky have picked it up too, retweeting the post. A picture has been posted on Twitter but it is rather blurred and hard to see.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIu_OvYCIAAv3Rr.jpg:large

Initial reaction seems to be bomb but nothing confirmed and is all just chatter. However it was apparently very powerful, shaking a lot of houses in the Bogside.

Maria ‏10m

@StephenNolan im in Derry ..didn't hear it but its all over Facebook it was in the town centre ..people in bogside said their houses shook
Hopefully if reports are true, it's an accident and not a terrorism act. And no one has been hurt or killed.

belfast1981

Just off the phone to a mate, he heard nothing, but said that he was told there was an explosion. Not a bomb though.
good to hear, gas leak or pipe maybe? A few on twitter saying it was loud and shook houses, others saying they heard nothing.

Ren84

A few have been mentioning it, but it seems a large explosion happened in the City of Derry/Londonderry tonight. SF's Martin McGuinness mentioned it on his twitter and more reports seem to be coming through.

Sky have picked it up too, retweeting the post. A picture has been posted on Twitter but it is rather blurred and hard to see.

[ulr]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIu_OvYCIAAv3Rr.jpg:large[/url]

Initial reaction seems to be bomb but nothing confirmed and is all just chatter. However it was apparently very powerful, shaking a lot of houses in the Bogside.

Hopefully if reports are true, it's an accident and not a terrorism act. And no one has been hurt or killed.

Was going to post that but then it looks like something out the X Files. Weird. Looks like a bunch of choppers, but eh?!

belfast1981

:lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
oh hahaha bloody hell, I only copied the link without a 2nd look. Saw it blurred and thought nothing more!!

I needa keep both eyes on Screen and not two eyes on the NFL draft when posting.

And sorry, Ren. Didn't realize you posted one

InsideImDancing

Heard nowt here. A few mates living in the town, one would have phoned if they heard anything I'd guess.

:confused:

Ren84

oh hahaha bloody hell, I only copied the link without a 2nd look. Saw it blurred and thought nothing more!!

I needa keep both eyes on Screen and not two eyes on the NFL draft when posting.

And sorry, Ren. Didn't realize you posted one
It's fine. You got here first so may as well use this one.

More:

Patricia Kelly ‏@PKellz88 4m
Reports of load explosion heard in #Derry .... Chopper now up, cops everywhere?? #Bomb #Bogside

InsideImDancing

colm kerrigan ‏@smileydcfc 17m
@StephenNolan gas explosion in dove gardens in the Bogside

belfast1981

Saw that myself, a few people saying police helicopters. Though I guess that would be standard anyway to survey the ground area before anyone gets close/ goes in on the ground?

Ren84

Nothing as of yet on the normally reliable Sky News. They usually have instant breaking news.

Ren84

A Texas fertiliser plant explosion type incident?!

belfast1981

Sky is on their CBS American broadcast atm... nothing on BBC news either though

Ren84

Ruairi Glenn ‏@ruairiglenn 1m
Loud bomb in Derry first thought to be a bomb now thought to be a gas explosion in Bogside area. #derry #londonderry #ireland

belfast1981

Ruairi Glenn ‏@ruairiglenn 1m

Loud bomb in Derry first thought to be a bomb now thought to be a gas explosion in Bogside area. #derry #londonderry #ireland