Explosive Dutch documentary on Trumps links to Russian mob.

Hewson

With that kind of openness to other opinions, respect for all views, acceptance of the legitimacy of the other side of the coin and in general the all things good and liberal attitude, it really is a wonder that Clinton didn't win.
Tonic, why does Clinton get dragged into the equation every time Trump is getting a verbal hiding? I'd hazard a guess that hundreds of thousands, possibly millions, of people voted for Clinton just to keep Trump out of the White House. Millions more didn't vote at all because they disliked both candidates equally. If I'd had a vote I suspect I'd have been one of the latter but might have gone for Clinton with reluctance. It's also conveniently forgotten that Trump lost the popular vote

Trump was a repulsive turd long before he got into politics and his election signified for me deep disillusionment with all politicians of all hues. In effect he was the AIDS virus injection for a cancer patient. Lots of sensible people gave Trump a vote for lots of sensible reasons, some of which relate to a negative perception of Clinton and her political orbit. None of that though has anything to do with Trump's personal, psychological, emotional and practical failings, failings that have lead directly to the chaotic state of affairs in the White House and in his Presidency.

It was obvious before the election that he had none, absolutely none whatsoever, of the qualities needed for a leadership role in politics. In business you can bully your way through the day - and sometimes it even works, at least for a while. In politics bullying sows discord, division, makes enemies needlessly and eventually just ends in a failure to get done what you want done.

This is Trump's albatross and one he can't shift. His persona is so toxic and his ego so frail that he's incapable of either listening to or understanding wiser counsel. His infantile scattergun tweeting is symptomatic of a disturbed personality that is hobbled with deep paranoia and tunnel vision.

Clinton is no longer relevant to Trump and the Presidency. He's in the job and has to be judged on his performance, which, so far, has lived right down to expectations.

Last edited:

GDPR

Personally, I ve been amused by the far right blogosphere, their far left fellow travellers and their mini-mes on Pie.

The constant drip-drip-drip of revelations about Donnie plus his own manifest incompetence in office has produced the same predictable reactions:

(1)Its all the fault of sore-loser Dems and the "librull" media
(2) Donnie is the victim of an IC plot
(3) Donnie has himself been subverted and is now a puppet of the NWO
(4) Clinton would have been worse.

This is so transparent as not to be worth responding to. They are emotionally identified with a crook and con-man. Thats a fairly typical response when people realise they have been suckered. Their ego-defences are activated because they would rather pretend the person exploiting them is genuine than admit they were taken in.

Ponzi schemers rely on this well-known phenomenon.

Gurdiev77

Its clear most posters on here havent watched the documentary and have no intention of doing so, but are prepared to state anyway that there is no truth to any of the allegations. Because they just know Donnie is clean :D

Its a very detailed account of Trumps relations with Russian mobster Felix Sater and others, which he hid from the regulators, and which have already made him the subject of investigations for criminal racketeering before he became president. It also outlines the various pyramid schemes used by Trump and Russian oligarchs to wash money through real estate purchases. The documentary does not discuss Russian interference in the election though it does say that Trump is compromised by his connections and this is of course known to the Kremlin.

At the moment the GOP itself is the subject of a RICO investigation which resulted in a massive raid on Friday.

Follow the money is indeed where this is going.
So where were all the investigative journos when Trump was running for office ?

I dont doubt the dirt will stick. Property development is an established route for laundering money, and the whole field is awash with Russian money.

Why wasnt there substance to allegations way back down the line, before Trump and his hermit crab Bannon got through the door of the WH.

As Bill Maher says , democrats play too clean.

Gurdiev77

and whats the best antidote to sub peonas....war, active duty, patriotism.

watch with mother ....

GDPR

So where were all the investigative journos when Trump was running for office ?

I dont doubt the dirt will stick. Property development is an established route for laundering money, and the whole field is awash with Russian money.

Why wasnt there substance to allegations way back down the line, before Trump and his hermit crab Bannon got through the door of the WH.

As Bill Maher says , democrats play too clean.
There were numerous reports of Trumps dodgy financial dealings in the background throughout the campaign. I mean MSM, not twitter or bloggers, and you can verify that by simply googling. A lot of what is in the Dutch documentary was aired at last 18 months ago

What happened is these reports didnt gain any traction ie they werent forefronted by either the media or his Democratic opponents. Its a matter of record that Trump was indicted as a co-conspirator in a money laundering racket in the construction industry and paid a ten million dollar fine. That alone should have disbarred him from being the Republican candidate.

I have no idea why the media flaked out. Some people think they relished Trumps candidature because he got high ratings for them and they didnt believe he would actually win.

Hillarys campaign seems to have decided they wouldnt play dirty because they thought Trumps own performance would be enough to put people off and given her own problems with private servers, it might have just turned into a sh*t-throwing fest which would have alienated the electorate.

But you are right - questions need to be asked.

Gurdiev77

The reality is that most of his supporters didnt give a poop about dodgy business practices, actually believing , using his own estimation 'that made him smart '

Franzoni

There were numerous reports of Trumps dodgy financial dealings in the background throughout the campaign. I mean MSM, not twitter or bloggers, and you can verify that by simply googling. A lot of what is in the Dutch documentary was aired at last 18 months ago

What happened is these reports didnt gain any traction ie they werent forefronted by either the media or his Democratic opponents. Its a matter of record that Trump was indicted as a co-conspirator in a money laundering racket in the construction industry and paid a ten million dollar fine. That alone should have disbarred him from being the Republican candidate.

I have no idea why the media flaked out. Some people think they relished Trumps candidature because he got high ratings for them and they didnt believe he would actually win.

Hillarys campaign seems to have decided they wouldnt play dirty because they thought Trumps own performance would be enough to put people off and given her own problems with private servers, it might have just turned into a sh*t-throwing fest which would have alienated the electorate.

But you are right - questions need to be asked.

The whole Deutsche bank saga ....we spoke about this before....

Goes bankrupt several times,Defaults on a $640 million loan,counter sues and then they go and lend him another $300 million when no one else on Wall St will touch him with a barge pole....:D

Voters in the US and his supporters elsewhere chose to ignore it....but then a lot of our homegrown ones also support dodgy dealing and wrongdoing here and claim it's all a ball of smoke....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/21/deutsche-bank-that-lent-300m-to-trump-linked-to-russian-money-laundering-scam

GDPR

Tonic, why does Clinton get dragged into the equation every time Trump is getting a verbal hiding? I'd hazard a guess that hundreds of thousands, possibly millions, of people voted for Clinton just to keep Trump out of the White House. Millions more didn't vote at all because they disliked both candidates equally. If I'd had a vote I suspect I'd have been one of the latter but might have gone for Clinton with reluctance. It's also conveniently forgotten that Trump lost the popular vote

Trump was a repulsive turd long before he got into politics and his election signified for me deep disillusionment with all politicians of all hues. In effect he was the AIDS virus injection for a cancer patient. Lots of sensible people gave Trump a vote for lots of sensible reasons, some of which relate to a negative perception of Clinton and her political orbit. None of that though has anything to do with Trump's personal, psychological, emotional and practical failings, failings that have lead directly to the chaotic state of affairs in the White House and in his Presidency.

It was obvious before the election that he had none, absolutely none whatsoever, of the qualities needed for a leadership role in politics. In business you can bully your way through the day - and sometimes it even works, at least for a while. In politics bullying sows discord, division, makes enemies needlessly and eventually just ends in a failure to get done what you want done.

This is Trump's albatross and one he can't shift. His persona is so toxic and his ego so frail that he's incapable of either listening to or understanding wiser counsel. His infantile scattergun tweeting is symptomatic of a disturbed personality that is hobbled with deep paranoia and tunnel vision.

Clinton is no longer relevant to Trump and the Presidency. He's in the job and has to be judged on his performance, which, so far, has lived right down to expectations.
No real problem with any of that, except to say he won only because she was his opposition, displaying pretty much the attitudes shown in the post I replied to.

In politics you demean anyone who doesn't share your attitudes & opinions, you will get what you very richly deserve, in Clintons case, nothing.

As a great philosopher once said, "Liberals, me hole".

GDPR

The whole Deutsche bank saga ....we spoke about this before....

Goes bankrupt several times,Defaults on a $640 million loan,counter sues and then they go and lend him another $300 million when no one else on Wall St will touch him with a barge pole....:D

Voters in the US and his supporters elsewhere chose to ignore it....but then a lot of our homegrown ones also support dodgy dealing and wrongdoing here and claim it's all a ball of smoke....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/21/deutsche-bank-that-lent-300m-to-trump-linked-to-russian-money-laundering-scam
Im on record as saying, with the same amount of credibility as any Piester (ie not much) but a great interest in criminality that the big story with Donald is he as dirty as f*uck. If that translated into an opportunistic scheme by Putin to cuddle up to him and make him feel some hot Russian loving, well Donnie isnt too bright.

Theres a certain hysteria on here among pro-Trumpers that anyone discussing Russian interference in the election must be a McCarthyite. My view of this is Putin just got lucky.

Im old school - Trump is a filthy little crook, and and a rather stupid one. That is what we need to focus on. If the Russians scored a short term success by helping to get him elected, it will turn out to be a major own goal.

Franzoni

Im on record as saying, with the same amount of credibility as any Piester (ie not much) but a great interest in criminality that the big story with Donald is he as dirty as f*uck. If that translated into an opportunistic scheme by Putin to cuddle up to him and make him feel some hot Russian loving, well Donnie isnt too bright.

Theres a certain hysteria on here among pro-Trumpers that anyone discussing Russian interference in the election must be a McCarthyite. My view of this is Putin just got lucky.

Im old school - Trump is a filthy little crook, and and a rather stupid one. That is what we need to focus on. If the Russians scored a short term success by helping to get him elected, it will turn out to be a major own goal.
Yeah...Trump was still a a long way out when they started bankrolling him.....i'd say they couldn't believe the Yanks were that thick to elect him to the top job....

Goes to show the level of anger out there,sections of the Democrats and the Republicans have a lot to answer for has to be said.....

The dangerous part of the whole thing is there is nothing worse than when people think they have been played for a fool especially with the levels of animosity left over from the cold war and who might feel they need to turn to a hard man or woman to put manners on Putin....

GDPR

Yeah...Trump was still a a long way out when they started bankrolling him.....i'd say they couldn't believe the Yanks were that thick to elect him to the top job....

Goes to show the level of anger out there,sections of the Democrats and the Republicans have a lot to answer for has to be said.....

The dangerous part of the whole thing is there is nothing worse than when people think they have been played for a fool especially with the levels of animosity left over from the cold war and who might feel they need to turn to a hard man or woman to put manners on Putin....
Thats the real story.

The Repugs were so battered and hollowed out they rolled over for this scarecrow, because none of their candidates could command any national following.

The Dems were as always caught on the back-foot, because their "We go higher" is just a mantra. They have lost all of their old time religion - which is we stand for the alliance of the common guy/gal and their exam-passing brother/sister that went to college and will nail the buggers when they try to pull the wool over your eyes. Never forgetting where s/he came from and why their parents worked so hard to get him/her that college degree.

Gurdiev77

I've just watched the whole doc- its quite something . Who is the patsy .....

GDPR

No real problem with any of that, except to say he won only because she was his opposition, displaying pretty much the attitudes shown in the post I replied to.

In politics you demean anyone who doesn't share your attitudes & opinions, you will get what you very richly deserve, in Clintons case, nothing.

As a great philosopher once said, "Liberals, me hole".
In Trump's case, it's politician, me hole. Make Trump Great will even fail, it was never about make the US great, whatever that is supposed to mean, and I'm glad hillary got beat, but cannot be glad it was to the bottom scraper. He makes Lawlor look like a saint in comparison.

GDPR

I've just watched the whole doc- its quite something . Who is the patsy .....
It can be summed up as "corrupt as f*cuk".

Trump would of course be drawn to Russian oligarchs, and not simply because they were a source of ready money which he couldnt acquire through more legal channels.

Im amused by Putin-lovers on here, who think the Russian Federation still has the aura of the Old Internationale. Whatever your views on that might be. It was romantic, anyway.

Russia is a kleptocratic, oppressive, petro-state, run by a man who is rich beyond Donalds dreams. Of course he would adore Putin petunia

TheMushyStuff

I am still waiting for that documentary about Trump and Russian Prostitutes..

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies