Extended Family arrested in alleged Munster wide child abuse ring.

eoghanacht

"Gardaí believe extended family group and others abused children in Munster area......
Gardaí investigating a major paedophile ring uncovered in Munster believe some of its child victims were groomed from birth to be abused....

It is alleged that several generations of an extended family network were abusing young members of the family, as well as facilitating other paedophiles who paid for access to the children."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/almost-20-child-victims-of-alleged-paedophile-ring-identified-1.3416894?

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/eleven-people-from-same-family-aged-20s-to-70s-arrested-as-part-of-investigation-into-paedophile-ring-36672292.html

Speechless.

ruserious

Few hints in the articles between the lines would suggest Travellers. Could be wrong.

Perps should be castrated.

Dame_Enda

It sort-of tallies with what I said on the RTE thread that most paedophile abuse occurs in families.

Spirit Of Newgrange

It sort-of tallies with what I said on the RTE thread that most paedophile abuse occurs in families.
Rochdale/Rotherham was a family of Pakistani paeodophiles, abusing kufar women.

Mercurial

Six posts in and we've got Travellers and Muslims so far. Keep it up guys, at this rate we'll have trans people and abortions by page 2.

Barroso

"Gardaí believe extended family group and others abused children in Munster area......
Gardaí investigating a major paedophile ring uncovered in Munster believe some of its child victims were groomed from birth to be abused....

It is alleged that several generations of an extended family network were abusing young members of the family, as well as facilitating other paedophiles who paid for access to the children."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/almost-20-child-victims-of-alleged-paedophile-ring-identified-1.3416894?

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/eleven-people-from-same-family-aged-20s-to-70s-arrested-as-part-of-investigation-into-paedophile-ring-36672292.html

Speechless.
We should be careful here.
Remember some years ago in France that there was a similar case, where several people were sentenced, but eventually the convictions were overturned as being unsafe.
If the situation is a real one, let's hope they are convicted.
But let's not pre-judge the situation - we don't want to have a miscarriage of justice here similar to the one in France.

Gibby

Six posts in and we've got Travellers and Muslims so far. Keep it up guys, at this rate we'll have trans people and abortions by page 2.
Only if someone mentions them, oh wait...

OrderoftheDragon

I can see why you'd be getting queasy, if this is a traditional irish family I'd be shocked so it's bound to be one of your hobby horses.....

Spirit Of Newgrange

do you deny the facts of the Rochdale/Rotherham scandals ? it was looneys shouting 'wacist' that covered up the scandal for decades.

one man's prejudice is another man's facts.

this is a thread on organised paedophilia is it not ? ugly crime, ugly words, ugly behaviours, ugly failures of the justice system, ugly all round.

Old Mr Grouser

In the past most paedophilia was family based bBut it seems that the Internet has changed that.

That's why police activities such as Operation Ketch are needed. Operation Ketch: Hundreds of images of child abuse are seized in Limerick

For example there was a case in Australia - 'How could she sit outside while I was raped?' Evil mum arranged for total stranger to abuse daughter in hotel

Pabilito

While just a mere 3 posts in it had to be clarified that the majority of the ‘perps’.. six of them were female and therefore couldn’t be castrated as one poster proposed..

Dame_Enda

In the past most paedophilia was family based bBut it seems that the Internet has changed that.

That's why police activities such as Operation Ketch are needed. Operation Ketch: Hundreds of images of child abuse are seized in Limerick

For example there was a case in Australia - 'How could she sit outside while I was raped?' Evil mum arranged for total stranger to abuse daughter in hotel
It hasnt changed it. The vast majority of physical sexual abuse is carried out in families. I would remind you that in the second article you linked to, the childs mother was an enabler of the abuse of her daughter. (the first article is behind a wall so I cant read it). The internet has been in Ireland for 20 yrs and during that period studies have continued to show family members are the vast majority of perpetrators.

Strawberry

We should be careful here.
Remember some years ago in France that there was a similar case, where several people were sentenced, but eventually the convictions were overturned as being unsafe.
If the situation is a real one, let's hope they are convicted.
But let's not pre-judge the situation - we don't want to have a miscarriage of justice here similar to the one in France.
There was a similar case in America too....

All charges against Mohler family are dropped | The Kansas City Star

Its way too early to be jumping to conclusions.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies