• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Extra small condoms for 12 year-old boys go on sale in Switzerland... needed here ?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
The Swiss Government has found that 12-14 year old boys are having sex, not using condoms and too small to fit into men's condoms. Thus the Swiss are now peddling small condoms for boys. Should we do this here ?

Extra small condoms for 12 year-old boys go on sale in Switzerland - Telegraph
Called the Hotshot, the condom has been produced after government research showed 12 to14-year-olds did not use sufficient protection when having sex.
The study, conducted on behalf of the Federal Commission for Children and Youth, interviewed 1,480 people aged 10 to 20....
A standard condom has a diameter of 2ins (5.2cm) in comparison with the Hotshot's diameter of 1.7ins (4.5cm). Both are the same length – 7.4ins (19cm).
Family planning groups and the Swiss Aids Federation campaigned to have the Hotshot produced after a number of studies, including the government study researched at the Centre for Development and Personality Psychology at Basel University.

cYp

eoghanacht

Another under age sex thread cyp? Are you a priest? you seem to have an unhealthy interest in youth and their sexual exploits

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Another under age sex thread cyp? Are you a priest? you seem to have an unhealthy interest in youth and their sexual exploits
If people aren't able to have the needed public policy discussions about sex : that's their problem not mine

The Daily Telegraph is a respected mainstream newspaper. The Irish remain prudes about sex, and say Madame of the Irish Times would faint if she saw that article

In Switzerland a political lobbying campaign had to be run to get small condoms off the ground, it's perfectly valid to ask if it is needed here

cYp

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
See Cyberianpan, I consider this thread to be trolling.

There is already a thread on here discussign trolling, and while you're not considered a troll over there, you are starting threads like this, which are nothing more than trolling.

Condoms for 12 y olds are not needed here because boys having sex at twelve have bigger problems than worrying about getting condoms to fit them

Do yourself a favour, and close this thread down before it attracts more trolls

goosebump

When I was 12, I didn't know what a condom was.

When I was 17, condoms in Ireland were as rare as shards of the True Cross.

I'd love to hear the bishops coming on to decry the introduction of 'Junior' condoms, given their familiarity with adolescent genitalia.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
When I was 12, I didn't know what a condom was.

When I was 17, condoms in Ireland were as rare as shards of the True Cross.

I'd love to hear the bishops coming on to decry the introduction of 'Junior' condoms, given their familiarity with adolescent genitalia.
Strike 1

TommyO'Brien

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
See Cyberianpan, I consider this thread to be trolling.

There is already a thread on here discussign trolling, and while you're not considered a troll over there, you are starting threads like this, which are nothing more than trolling.

Condoms for 12 y olds are not needed here because boys having sex at twelve have bigger problems than worrying about getting condoms to fit them

Do yourself a favour, and close this thread down before it attracts more trolls
As evidenced by the above article, in Switzerland they had a public policy debate before bringing in small condoms

Are you saying that we can't have a public policy debate ?

Fact is that Ireland still has many socially conservative authoritarians, not too long since only married people could get contraception on prescription. Indeed condoms in pubs is a relatively recent departure.

Switzerland had the debate - with the result of bringing in condoms marketed towards young adolescents. Why can't Ireland have the debate ?

cYp

dunno

I wonder that too. Something of a sexual deviant on the evidence of certain threads. Cyberianpan can troll to his/her heart's content thanks to being a moderator.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
As evidenced by the above article, in Switzerland they had a public policy debate before bringing in small condoms

Are you saying that we can't have a public policy debate ?

Fact is that Ireland still has many socially conservative authoritarians, not too long since only married people could get contraception on prescription. Indeed condoms in pubs is a relatively recent departure.

Switzerland had the debate - with the result of bringing in condoms marketed towards young adolescents. Why can't Ireland have the debate ?

cYp
Because 12 y olds in Ireland are not supposed to be having sex.. it's the law. Therefore advancing a discussion facilitating and act which is essentially illegal is a moot point.

Start a thread on whether or not 12 y old boys should be allowed to have sex first, then consider the implications of the lack of availability of condoms, but not beforehand.

I have already reported the thread by the way, but just to let you know why and what I did in the protest. I did it because I know that due to the subject matter, within a short lenght of time, the thread will descend into arguments which have nothing to do with the thread title, and outlined to the mods what those arguments will be. Just to evidence the stupidity of allowing threads like this.. I've already had one strike.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Because 12 y olds in Ireland are not supposed to be having sex.. it's the law. Therefore advancing a discussion facilitating and act which is essentially illegal is a moot point.

Start a thread on whether or not 12 y old boys should be allowed to have sex first, then consider the implications of the lack of availability of condoms, but not beforehand.
The age of consent in Switzerland is 16

The surveys they did indicated those under 16 were having sex

After a public policy debate they decided to make condoms for 12-14 year olds

cYp

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
The age of consent in Switzerland is 16

The surveys they did indicated those under 16 were having sex

After a public policy debate they decided to make condoms for 12-14 year olds

cYp
Well they are bloody eejits then. What next, driving licesnes for 10 y olds ?

Do you believe it is worthwhile having a discussion based on the premise, that Irish people should act as stupidly as some Swiss people ?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Well they are bloody eejits then. What next, driving licesnes for 10 y olds ?

Do you believe it is worthwhile having a discussion based on the premise, that Irish people should act as stupidly as some Swiss people ?
I rather suspect teen pregnancy etc is an issue here. The HPV vaccine is targeted at 12 year olds ?

I can remember Caroline Simons (Spuc/Libertas) going NUTS over that

Indeed our rates appear worse than Switzerland's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_incidence_of_teenage_pregnancy

http://www.crisispregnancy.ie/pub/FactsandFigures.pdf
The majority of teenage births occur in females aged 18 to 19.
For example, in 2005 75% of all births to females under 20 were
to 18 and 19 year olds (1815 of 2427 births). 42 births were to girls
age 15 and under. (CSO)
cYp

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
I rather suspect teen pregnancy etc is an issue here. The HPV vaccine is targeted at 12 year olds ?

I can remember Caroline Simons (Spuc/Libertas) going NUTS over that

cYp
The human papiloma virus vaccine was targeted at 12 year olds because it is at the beginning of puberty and is the best time to give them the virus to create maximum efficacy

Not to assist in facilitating sexual contact.

Providing condoms to 12 y old boys would be done for no other reason than to facilitate sexual contact

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
The human papiloma virus vaccine was targeted at 12 year olds because it is at the beginning of puberty and is the best time to give them the virus to create maximum efficacy

Not to assist in facilitating sexual contact.

Providing condoms to 12 y old boys would be done for no other reason than to facilitate sexual contact
My understanding is that the vaccine is close to immediately effective ( a few days)- and that it is given to 12 year olds as they are deemed to be at risk

Your argument is kinda the same as against free needles for drug addicts... another matter where Switzerland took a different stance

cYp

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
My understanding is that the vaccine is close to immediately effective ( a few days)- and that it is given to 12 year olds as they are deemed to be at risk

Your argument is kinda the same as against free needles for drug addicts... another matter where Switzerland took a different stance

cYp
I have no problems with free needles for addicts, but then that is perhaps because I believe that a more open society as regards drug use is preferable. But 12 y olds shouldnt need condoms, its that simple, so why would you provide them ?

Green eyed monster

Last edited:

eoghanacht

i wonder that too. Something of a sexual deviant on the evidence of certain threads. Cyberianpan can troll to his/her heart's content thanks to being a moderator.
+1

don't feed the troll don't feed the troll don't feed the troll

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
I have no problems with free needles for addicts, but then that is perhaps because I believe that a more open society as regards drug use is preferable. But 12 y olds shouldnt need condoms, its that simple, so why would you provide them ?
Well there's 2 different arguments there:

1. Whether 12 year olds should be allowed to have sex
  2. Whether if they are having sex anyway, that contraception should be supplied
I think we can leave 1 aside... leaving the question over 2. Furthermore I'd point out that condoms are more than just contraception as they are also significantly effective against many STDs

cYp