"F**k the DUP"

theloner

No one likes a tout. Especially if the tout is DUP dinosaur, Jim Wells. The DUP politician says the swearing on a banner Ellie Evans waved at a Pride parade constitutes incitement to hatred. The banner read 'F**k the DUP'. Jim Wells, claimed that the slogan constituted “incitement to hatred and potential public disorder”. It's interesting as the case could have consequences for free speech and the right to offend if Jim Wells get his way and the girl is charged.

Essex Charity Worker

British lady, Ellie Evans, who was told that the PPS would decide whether she should be prosecuted for a hate crime or a breach of public order. said:

“I said to them: ‘Why? To say this placard and its message was a hate crime is insulting to all those many LGBT people in Northern Ireland who are affected by genuine hate crimes on a daily basis. How many people have the PSNI arrested here for the burning of effigies of nationalist politicians or flags of that tradition on loyalist bonfires? I just can’t believe they have referred this to the PPS.

London Pride

A similar banner went viral on social after London's Pride parade where more than 26,000 people were estimated to have taken part in the parade and was watched an estimated million people. This banner at this parade also read 'F**K the DUP. It's a recurring theme. The Metropolitan Police declined to seek prosecution in respect of the F**k the DUP message at a London Gay Pride event. Is it an offence to waste police time Jim Wells?

Why Jim Wells and why 'F**K the DUP'?

For a Christian man, Jim Wells is a very angry man. He's mostly angry at women, whether they be in prison, the Assembly, Irish gold medalists, security guards, charity workers from England, gay or even seeking an abortion. The DUP also have a long history of homophobia with its ranks. From Save Ulster from Sodomy campaign of the 80s to the openly homophobic statements in this century. Leader of what is known as the 'crackpot party' in Britain, Arlene Foster, even attempted to interfere in Scottish affairs and how it treats gays as recently as this year.

“I am pretty repulsed by gay and lesbianism. I think it is wrong. I think that those people harm themselves and – without caring about it – harm society.” IP

“It’s an evil, wicked, abhorrent practice. My opposition to that is based on the Bible and also based on natural justice and I know many people who do not share my Protestant faith but who would share my opposition to homosexuality because they believe it is something which would corrupt society as a whole, and is something so radically awful as to merit total and utter opposition. You’re not even talking about something which is a run of the mill sexual practice but something which is totally and utterly depraved. The AIDS scare which is currently running through America is proof that homosexual practice is something which calls upon the curse of God. I would see homosexuality as something which merited the curse of God". GC

"It is really astounding that David Trimble should have had a man such as this giving him advice – and must surely cast grave doubts on his own political judgement. I think these sorts of relationships are immoral, offensive and obnoxious".

Ian Paisley Jr, who won the seat of North Antrim and son of the party's founder, on learning that David Trimble, the former First Minister for Ireland, had a gay aide who just married his partner in Canada, in 2005.

"It wasn’t Iris Robinson who determined that homosexuality was an abomination, it was the Almighty".

"There can be no viler act, apart from homosexuality and sodomy, than sexually abusing innocent children. I cannot think of anything more sickening than a child being abused. It is comparable to the act of homosexuality. I think they are all comparable. I feel totally repulsed by both".

Mills said that Katrina, which killed 1,300 people, was God’s revenge for an annual gay pride event called Southern Decadence.

“The media failed to report that the hurricane occurred just two days prior to the annual homosexual event called the Southern Decadence festival which the previous year had attracted an estimated 125,000 people.”

As much as the above are gobsmacking, it's the right of the DUP to hold such fruitlooped opinions. However, why do these crackpot bastards expect to have their own political ideas or religious opinions protected from offence? Because by pursuing this 24 year old British lady, that's exactly what they are doing. As Prince Crackpot himself said;

"I was approached by people who were watching the parade who were deeply offended by the message contained on the placard".

They were offended so you called the cops? The PSNI are certainly not the language police either, so f*ck you and the DUP, Jim. #************************theDUP

https://www.indy100.com/article/dup-theresa-may-tory-deal-alliance-minority-government-quotes-arlene-foster-lgbt-abortion-religion-7783241
London Pride Makes Feelings About DUP Abundantly Clear | HuffPost UK
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/oct/13/woman-could-face-hate-prosecution-over-anti-dup-banner

vivabrigada

Dinosaurs, fuk them.

between the bridges

Certainly don't think she should be charged with anything, tis a matter of balancing freedom of speech with accountability, if the placard had read 'fvck gays,' 'alliance' or any other groups what would the response be...

*EPIC SUCCESS*

No one likes a tout. Especially if the tout is DUP dinosaur, Jim Wells. The DUP politician says the swearing on a banner Ellie Evans waved at a Pride parade constitutes incitement to hatred. The banner read 'F**k the DUP'. Jim Wells, claimed that the slogan constituted “incitement to hatred and potential public disorder”. It's interesting as the case could have consequences for free speech and the right to offend if Jim Wells get his way and the girl is charged.

Essex Charity Worker

British lady, Ellie Evans, who was told that the PPS would decide whether she should be prosecuted for a hate crime or a breach of public order. said:

“I said to them: ‘Why? To say this placard and its message was a hate crime is insulting to all those many LGBT people in Northern Ireland who are affected by genuine hate crimes on a daily basis. How many people have the PSNI arrested here for the burning of effigies of nationalist politicians or flags of that tradition on loyalist bonfires? I just can’t believe they have referred this to the PPS.

London Pride

A similar banner went viral on social after London's Pride parade where more than 26,000 people were estimated to have taken part in the parade and was watched an estimated million people. This banner at this parade also read 'F**K the DUP. It's a recurring theme. The Metropolitan Police declined to seek prosecution in respect of the F**k the DUP message at a London Gay Pride event. Is it an offence to waste police time Jim Wells?

Why Jim Wells and why 'F**K the DUP'?

For a Christian man, Jim Wells is a very angry man. He's mostly angry at women, whether they be in prison, the Assembly, Irish gold medalists, security guards, charity workers from England, gay or even seeking an abortion. The DUP also have a long history of homophobia with its ranks. From Save Ulster from Sodomy campaign of the 80s to the openly homophobic statements in this century. Leader of what is known as the 'crackpot party' in Britain, Arlene Foster, even attempted to interfere in Scottish affairs and how it treats gays as recently as this year.

“I am pretty repulsed by gay and lesbianism. I think it is wrong. I think that those people harm themselves and – without caring about it – harm society.” IP

“It’s an evil, wicked, abhorrent practice. My opposition to that is based on the Bible and also based on natural justice and I know many people who do not share my Protestant faith but who would share my opposition to homosexuality because they believe it is something which would corrupt society as a whole, and is something so radically awful as to merit total and utter opposition. You’re not even talking about something which is a run of the mill sexual practice but something which is totally and utterly depraved. The AIDS scare which is currently running through America is proof that homosexual practice is something which calls upon the curse of God. I would see homosexuality as something which merited the curse of God". GC

"It is really astounding that David Trimble should have had a man such as this giving him advice – and must surely cast grave doubts on his own political judgement. I think these sorts of relationships are immoral, offensive and obnoxious".

Ian Paisley Jr, who won the seat of North Antrim and son of the party's founder, on learning that David Trimble, the former First Minister for Ireland, had a gay aide who just married his partner in Canada, in 2005.

"It wasn’t Iris Robinson who determined that homosexuality was an abomination, it was the Almighty".

"There can be no viler act, apart from homosexuality and sodomy, than sexually abusing innocent children. I cannot think of anything more sickening than a child being abused. It is comparable to the act of homosexuality. I think they are all comparable. I feel totally repulsed by both".

Mills said that Katrina, which killed 1,300 people, was God’s revenge for an annual gay pride event called Southern Decadence.

“The media failed to report that the hurricane occurred just two days prior to the annual homosexual event called the Southern Decadence festival which the previous year had attracted an estimated 125,000 people.”

As much as the above are gobsmacking, it's the right of the DUP to hold such fruitlooped opinions. However, why do these crackpot bastards expect to have their own political ideas or religious opinions protected from offence? Because by pursuing this 24 year old British lady, that's exactly what they are doing. As Prince Crackpot himself said;

"I was approached by people who were watching the parade who were deeply offended by the message contained on the placard".

They were offended so you called the cops? The PSNI are certainly not the language police either, so f*ck you and the DUP, Jim. #************************theDUP

https://www.indy100.com/article/dup-theresa-may-tory-deal-alliance-minority-government-quotes-arlene-foster-lgbt-abortion-religion-7783241
London Pride Makes Feelings About DUP Abundantly Clear | HuffPost UK
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/oct/13/woman-could-face-hate-prosecution-over-anti-dup-banner
If he is a Christian, then he isn't a very good one if he is always angry.

Isn't wrath one of the 7 deadly sins? Also, he has attempted to speak on God's behalf with his lunatic belief that God killed 1/8th of a million people because of homosexuality. Surely another mortal sin? Funny sort of God he believes in who thinks people, including children, need to die to make a point.

If you want 'promoting hatred', here's one - you are a mentally ill, disturbed waste of oxygen - but I feel even without the mental illness you are sick, disgusting excuse for a human being for believing innocent people, and once again, including children, died because of what you perceive to be sin in others.

By Jim's logic, he should be struck by lightning because of what drug lords in South America are perpetrating.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

Certainly don't think she should be charged with anything, tis a matter of balancing freedom of speech with accountability, if the placard had read 'fvck gays,' 'alliance' or any other groups what would the response be...
F*ck gays could be perceived as promoting hatred under UK law or it could be an espousal of sexual orientation, invitation or an expression of a desire?

F*ck the alliance? Its a political party, f*ck all of them I say.

Personally, I say 'F*ck banners, flags, anthems and symbols'. Its 2017 folks, grow up.

theloner

I know you've admitted being 'no legal expert', but you're joking here right?
Besides, you're safe, DUP have basically had placards saying both and nowt happened, pal.

Last edited:

theloner

F*ck gays could be perceived as promoting hatred under UK law or it could be an espousal of sexual orientation, invitation or an expression of a desire?

F*ck the alliance? Its a political party, f*ck all of them I say.

Personally, I say 'F*ck banners, flags, anthems and symbols'. Its 2017 folks, grow up.
You gotta bring crayons for Bridgey every time he logs on.

Aindriu

That's the trouble though ES. They are incapable of growing up. All sides up there are just as bad.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

That's the trouble though ES. They are incapable of growing up. All sides up there are just as bad.
And yet the average person you meet across NI are quite nice?

I guess we and/or the media only pay attention to the loud mouths and the resentful?

Because quiet, thoughtful, decent folk don't generate ad revenue?

enuffisenuff

f*ck all Politicians

vivabrigada

Show us the similarities on this issue. Don't be so fukkin lazy.

Ó Ghabhainn

Unfortunately, in South Down, Wells is a decent horse to back if you're a unionist. Shame he's a dinosaur of the earliest variety.

Sshh, we'll put Glenshane4 on ya.

mac tíre

Would it correct to call Jim Wells a 'snowflake'?
Bridgey and his Facebook mates think they have all that sown up with their Shin Flake. Anyway, snowflake soooooooo last year. Bigly soooo last year, I can tell ya.

I'd say it would be correct to call Jim Wells a cóckwomble instead.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

Bridgey and his Facebook mates think they have all that sown up with their Shin Flake. Anyway, snowflake soooooooo last year. Bigly soooo last year, I can tell ya.

I'd say it would be correct to call Jim Wells a cóckwomble instead.
It's rare, but I think an LOL is appropriate in this instance.

A napkin is also required to mop up the tea I just spat all over my monitor while laughing.

blokesbloke

I don't believe in the offence of incitement to hatred anyway.

Violence yes, hatred no.

As she was referring to a political party rather than individuals, I am not sure this would qualify as inciting hatred anyway.

"Fúck DUP Supporters" would have been, "Fúck the DUP" not so much.

Still a very childish slogan though. Woman needs to grow up.

former wesleyan

…. he went on. “I don’t mind if they hold up banners criticising the DUP, saying we are idiots or whatever. But to use a swearword is tantamount to an incitement to hatred and potential public disorder.

“You may not agree with the DUP but we represent 300,000 people and are the largest political party in this province. They deserve some respect free from offence. As a unionist I would find it unacceptable and offensive if anyone used that same slogan, that same swearword against any of the nationalist parties here.”

Sounds reasonable enough. Especially for a DUPer.

mac tíre

…. he went on. “I don’t mind if they hold up banners criticising the DUP, saying we are idiots or whatever. But to use a swearword is tantamount to an incitement to hatred and potential public disorder.

You may not agree with the DUP but we represent 300,000 people and are the largest political party in this province. They deserve some respect free from offence. As a unionist I would find it unacceptable and offensive if anyone used that same slogan, that same swearword against any of the nationalist parties here.”

But it's all cool when it is done in July on bonfires, eh Jim? In his Bible it talks about taking the log out of own your eye - until that time:

Fúck the DUP, Jim. Fúck 'em.

blokesbloke

“You may not agree with the DUP but we represent 300,000 people and are the largest political party in this province. They deserve some respect free from offence. As a unionist I would find it unacceptable and offensive if anyone used that same slogan, that same swearword against any of the nationalist parties here.”

Doesn't to me. He's saying if she'd called each individual DUPper an idiot that's fine but if she says fúck the party that's inciting hatred of all DUP supporters.

Essentially it seems he just doesn't like the F word very much.

However if he considers use of the F word incitment to hatred and public disorder, I hope he never uses the word in public and has never told anyone to fúck off.

If so he needs to hand himself into PSNI now.

I have told people to fúck off in the past. Have you?

New Threads

Most Replies