Facebook and Censorship

Karloff

We already encountered the issue over the Vietnamese napalm picture and the row with Norway, now Israel is to consult Israel on how best to enforce Israel's political preferences on it's social networking site...

Facebook Collaborating With Israeli Government To Determine What Should Be Censored: Information Clearing House - ICH

Having just resolved that censorship effort, Facebook seems to be vigorously courting another. The Associated Press reports today from Jerusalem that “the Israeli government and Facebook have agreed to work together to determine how to tackle incitement on the social media network.” These meetings are taking place “as the government pushes ahead with legislative steps meant to force social networks to rein in content that Israel says incites violence.” In other words, Israel is about to legislatively force Facebook to censor content deemed by Israeli officials to be improper, and Facebook appears eager to appease those threats by working directly with the Israeli government to determine what content should be censored.

The joint Facebook-Israel censorship efforts, needless to say, will be directed at Arabs, Muslims, and Palestinians who oppose Israeli occupation. The AP article makes that clear: “Israel has argued that a wave of violence with the Palestinians over the past year has been fueled by incitement, much of it spread on social media sites.” As Alex Kane reported in The Intercept in June, Israel has begun actively surveilling Palestinians for the content of their Facebook posts and even arresting some for clear political speech. Israel’s obsession with controlling Palestinians’ use of social media is motivated by the way it has enabled political organizing by occupation opponents; as Kane wrote: “A demonstration against the Israeli occupation can be organized in a matter of hours, while the monitoring of Palestinians is made easier by the large digital footprint they leave on their laptops and mobile phones.”

Notably, Israel was represented in this meeting with Facebook by Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked, an extremist by all measures who has previously said she does not believe in a Palestinian state. Shaked has “proposed legislation that seeks to force social networks to remove content that Israel considers to be incitement,” and recently boasted that Facebook is already extremely compliant with Israeli censorship demands: “Over the past four months Israel submitted 158 requests to Facebook to remove inciting content,” she said, and Facebook has accepted those requests in 95 percent of the cases.
I do not use it. However i acknowledge it is a private company and may use whatever criterion it wishes to censor posts or points of view. It could come out in favor of zoophilia tomorrow if it wanted.

This development indicates that it will actively censor posts and views critical of the State of Israel including pro Palestinian positions. However Facebook does not derive it's power from it's association with Israel or it's other allies like the CIA - it gets it from it's users. If i did use Facebook as a pro Palestinian i would have to reconsider continuing to use it. I always suspected it existed as a vehicle to collect personal information for use by governments as well as advertisers anyway, could never understand it's popularity when there are other alternatives out there for social networking. Ethically it is a good idea to not use Facebook or Google, to make them smaller and increase competition - the bigger these boys get the more dangerous their censorship activities become. Google has already been observed manipulating search results to favor Clinton so far.

Our own choices can damn us, if everyone understood that point it would be beneficial to us all.

GDPR

You hardly think Zukerberg would disappoint his own tribe. I see that the Swiss Central Bank, through their QE program, has become the largest shareholder in Facebook. It would be interesting to know the SCB's connections to Zionism.

silverharp

all the big platforms are at it, a lot of Islamic and feminist critics have gotten Facebook suspensions and bans. Telling feminists they suck on the internet is a hate crime pretty much now

Karloff

You hardly think Zukerberg would disappoint his own tribe. I see that the Swiss Central Bank, through their QE program, has become the largest shareholder in Facebook. It would be interesting to know the SCB's connections to Zionism.
It is extremely terrifying when the manipulators and printers of money start buying up real actual assets, surely that should be an activity outside of their function? Then of course there is the question of who owns the money supply, private or public? And QE is a form of theft.

Last edited:

Eire1976

They recently tried to cover over Hillary's recent spasm after the 9/11 ceremony too.

GDPR

It is extremely terrifying when the manipulators and printers of money start buying up real actual assets, surely that should be an activity outside of their function? Then of course there is the question of who owns the money supply, private or public? And QE is a form of theft of billions.
All the large central banks are doing that now - buying shares in the companies of their chums to push share prices sky high. But who will pay when the whole rotten edifice comes tumbling down again....

drummed

All the large central banks are doing that now - buying shares in the companies of their chums to push share prices sky high. But who will pay when the whole rotten edifice comes tumbling down again....
Zionists.:mad:

Bea C

There was a thing in the paper about a case in Belfast at the moment, they didn't act with regard to a fourteen year old girl being sex-shamed?

Facebook fails to halt

all the big platforms are at it, a lot of Islamic and feminist critics have gotten Facebook suspensions and bans. Telling feminists they suck on the internet is a hate crime pretty much now

Why lie? Did you even test what you are displaying? I can only assume that you are lying.

When I go to GOOGLE.COM and type "Hillary Clinton is" I get 4 options prefilled. They are all suffixed by a single word.

The words are as follows: "dead", "toast", "awesome" & "a robot".

Yahoo.com offers nothing like the options you post.

I won't even try Bing because you have completely failed to try to assess what you post.

You have posted lies and haven't bothered to check them - the gullible fool you are. You swallowed them whole.

silverharp

Why lie? Did you even test what you are displaying? I can only assume that you are lying.

When I go to GOOGLE.COM and type "Hillary Clinton is" I get 4 options prefilled. They are all suffixed by a single word.

I won't even try Bing because you have completely failed to try to assess what you post.

You have posted lies and haven't bothered to check them - the gullible fool you are. You swallowed them whole.
Are you in the US?, the one above might be a meme but there has been discussion about search results being rigged for political reasons. On twitter #Hillaryshealth was not allowed to trend for weeks even though it was getting higher hits than other trending topics

silverharp

here is a video on google search manipulation

[video=youtube;PFxFRqNmXKg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFxFRqNmXKg[/video]

Lara2

By typing "Hillary Clinton is" into the Bing search bar, I get: Hillary Clinton 'issues', 'israel', 'isis', 'is from', 'a lying crook', 'isis plan', 'is power hungry', and 'issues adressed'.

rainmaker

Administrator

It's a function of internet search engines - a drop down menu appears offering previous searches entered into that particular search engine when certain words are entered.

All that screenshot really shows is the previous Hilary Clinton searches entered into to it by whoever took the screenshot.

Test it folks. Type 'Hilary Clinton is sweet' into a new Google tab, close it and then open another one and just type 'Hilary Clinton' - hey presto. The BNP used to use that old chestnut years ago.

Last edited:

rainmaker

Administrator
We already encountered the issue over the Vietnamese napalm picture and the row with Norway, now Israel is to consult Israel on how best to enforce Israel's political preferences on it's social networking site...

Facebook Collaborating With Israeli Government To Determine What Should Be Censored: Information Clearing House - ICH

I do not use it. However i acknowledge it is a private company and may use whatever criterion it wishes to censor posts or points of view. It could come out in favor of zoophilia tomorrow if it wanted.

This development indicates that it will actively censor posts and views critical of the State of Israel including pro Palestinian positions. However Facebook does not derive it's power from it's association with Israel or it's other allies like the CIA - it gets it from it's users. If i did use Facebook as a pro Palestinian i would have to reconsider continuing to use it. I always suspected it existed as a vehicle to collect personal information for use by governments as well as advertisers anyway, could never understand it's popularity when there are other alternatives out there for social networking. Ethically it is a good idea to not use Facebook or Google, to make them smaller and increase competition - the bigger these boys get the more dangerous their censorship activities become. Google has already been observed manipulating search results to favor Clinton so far.

Our own choices can damn us, if everyone understood that point it would be beneficial to us all.
The AP release says:

Facebook and Israel to work to monitor posts that incite violence
What's wrong with that then?

RasherHash

Today, if you’ve published, or attempted to publish, something the authorities disapprove of, you’re (privately) told so, sooner or later, further publication or advertisement of your work is suppressed, and persons who have purchased more than two copies of your work are invaded so as to confiscate their copies and add them to otherwise-confiscated stocks of your publication, which are all consigned to destruction. Does this sound like some dystopian, futuristic novel like Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451 to you? Well it might, but the details are all true, not only in Occupied Germany (it’s still very much occupied, in this regard) but here at home in the USA.

The Internet does, indeed, seem to be becoming the Global Mechanism for Thought Regulation that the traditional, more-obviously centralized media of yore have long-since been shown to be. And all this, to date, without the Government showing its ugly face.

Don’t be fooled by all the Gigabytes, baud rates, Megahertzes and other computerish paraphernalia—it is now 1564. By no coincidence, it was a great year for the Inquisition, too.

Imprimatur (let it be printed)!

Or not.

It’s 1564 for Amazon—and Its Customers

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies