Facebook to halt all non-national Repeal the 8th ads from today

Half Nelson

This has really sent the no campaign into meltdown. They're already preemptively saying the referendum is rigged.

They had planned a major information war on the Google platform for the final couple of weeks of the campaign to try and sway the undecided vote. They're paying big money for consultants who are now essentially useless. i wouldn't be surprised if the result ends up being 65% yes to 35% no following this news.
A blind man could see that this is political censorship.
It plays well for No that they are seen as being attacked by powerful interests.

Thinking people will realise that Google is not their friend.

sadmal

This has really sent the no campaign into meltdown. They're already preemptively saying the referendum is rigged.

They had planned a major information war on the Google platform for the final couple of weeks of the campaign to try and sway the undecided vote. They're paying big money for consultants who are now essentially useless. i wouldn't be surprised if the result ends up being 65% yes to 35% no following this news.
What is even worse is that Together for Yes is sending a booklet to every home in the country outlining their position for a Yes with An Post doing the delivery.

GDPR

Yes both Google & FB got their instructions fairly quickly after the abortionists started complaining.
Twitter got theirs last week.

The government have to be careful not to get caught deliberately interfering in the referendum. Who the government rep is we don't know yet but presumably someone they can deny a link to.

Eventually some Irish employees from the big Corporates will spill the beans.
You eejit, Facebook denied to Congress in the USA they hadnt sold their ass to Russian interests when there was clear evidence they did.

But they are the tools of repealers in Ireland?

Gwan out of that.

Half Nelson

What is even worse is that Together for Yes is sending a booklet to every home in the country outlining their position for a Yes with An Post doing the delivery.
Does it mention "baby"... even once?

Perhaps they hope to convince voters that they're aborting an idea.. or something?

making waves

Perhaps they hope to convince voters that they're aborting an idea.. or something?
Unlike all the lies in McGuirk's 20 page glossy piece of fiction (and he still hasn't explained where he got the money for it).

Mitsui2

Yes both Google & FB got their instructions fairly quickly after the abortionists started complaining.
Twitter got theirs last week.

The government have to be careful not to get caught deliberately interfering in the referendum. Who the government rep is we don't know yet but presumably someone they can deny a link to.

Eventually some Irish employees from the big Corporates will spill the beans.
:)

Don't mind if I say this slowly, but...

This... is... CRAZY... talk.

petaljam

A blind man could see that this is political censorship.
It plays well for No that they are seen as being attacked by powerful interests.

Thinking people will realise that Google is not their friend.
The visible panic is most enjoyable I must say. The actual claim that FB and Google are interfering in Irish politics by, well, staying out of Irish politics is one of the most amusing examples of unhinged hysteria I've seen so far.

Also sheds an interesting light on previous claims that the No side were not getting significant funds from US Prolife groups.

Jack O Neill

while all you nice folk in the catholic cult have to do is convince enough people that your new found love of the child has nothing to do with their future sale , sex abuse or enslavement . Most people know what you lot have been up to for the last 100+ years thankfully

paddycomeback

while all you nice folk in the catholic cult have to do is convince enough people that your new found love of the child has nothing to do with their future sale , sex abuse or enslavement . Most people know what you lot have been up to for the last 100+ years thankfully
This is what this referendum is really about. It is anti-Catlholic. And in the minds of our Unionist and British and West British bretheren by extension anti-Irish, as in their heads a religion founded by a Jew and being run from Italy is quintessentially Irish.

Jack O Neill

This is what this referendum is really about. It is anti-Catlholic. And in the minds of our Unionist and British and West British bretheren by extension anti-Irish, as in their heads a religion founded by a Jew and being run from Italy is quintessentially Irish.
Wow , have we an award for this one , top of the class :lol:

MsDaisyC

:)

Don't mind if I say this slowly, but...

This... is... CRAZY... talk.
Didn't you hear that Thanos gave the Infinity Gauntlet to Soros who donated it to Together For Yes. They now own the fricken Universe. Muah hah hah.. HAHAHAAHAAHAHAAAAA!!!

Buchaill Dana

It came off the back of pro-choice activists and journalists complaining about pro-life ads on online media.

They feared it was having an impact so they wanted it curtailed.
No. It. Didn't.

Trainwreck

So Facebook can pick and choose which referenda/elections it wants to block ads for if it doesn't like the side these ads are on?

Sounds very democratic.
If they are doing what they say, removing foreign sourced ads, I can't see the problem. In fact I think it's a good thing. We don't allow foreign interests to fund or participate in elections or referendums. Whether that is via the Irish Times website or a Google search page I think it is the same thing.

Last edited:

Jack O Neill

Oh...so you actually believe the Roman Catholic Church is a Sex Slave Cult and they oppose abortion as a shortage of sex slaves would ensue.
Nope they have had to readjust their priority's , much easier to cover up their abuses in the 3rd world nowadays . This is all about retaining control , hard to blame them they are dying out fast , just not fast enough . Anyway still time to save the day , grab your rosary and pray

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies