Failure by doctors to diagnose a cyst on the brain.

RasherHash

Err.

There is just a teeny tweeny problem with your post.

It is one you would have known about had you known anything about science. There are at least four dual laureates.
Lol, you're a bit of a science genius are you?

Having witnessed the extent of the climate scam I would listen to scientists like this who have something to say ahead of anonymous internet trolls 😁

CatullusV

Lol, you're a bit of a science genius are you?

Having witnessed the extent of the climate scam I would listen to scientists like this who have something to say ahead of anonymous internet trolls 😁
I dunno about "genius". Y'see, it strikes me as requiring not much cleverness at all to realise that there are more than one dual laureates. Marie Curie springs to mind.

Aside from that entirely, even dual awards doesn't confer any greater voice if you are speaking outside the strict sphere of your field or, more prosaically, when you are past your best. Gödel is a classic example of a genius who had played his best frames before he hit thirty - he went somewhat Deolali after that. The hard sciences are littered with such roadkill. Tesla was another.

If you don't have either the background or the perception to immediately question from memory alone an assertion as to the uniqueness of someone being a sole dual laureate then your credibility is rather shot.

It is worse still when you failed to do the minimum required in scientific fields. That is, when confronted with new data, to say: "Hey, that's interesting. I wasn't aware of that. Show me more."

Ardillaun

Pauling‘s story shows that even a genius can be badly mistaken. That’s the great thing about science - every claim is tested no matter who makes it.

CatullusV

Pauling‘s story shows that even a genius can be badly mistaken. That’s the great thing about science - every claim is tested no matter who makes it.
Einstein also got things wrong. He attempted to shoehorn his cosmological constant to make his equations fit observations. That was abandoned by Hubble's observation that the universe is expanding. It was a gross error.

Others have made such errors.

That's one reason for the adage which goes along the lines that science can only progress over the bodies of scientists. Sometimes their ongoing survival acts against challenges to, or refinements of, their model.

ruman

And what have you got to say about money that had originally been ring-fenced for the national maternity strategy being diverted for abortion? Mark and Róisín Molloy, whose son died at Portlaoise hospital, resigned from the steering group for the maternity strategy in protest at that change.

Karen McEvoy died of sepsis in Naas hospital on Christmas Day of 2018, a week after she gave birth at the Coombe.

Marie Downey and her son died at Cork University Hospital after she had an epileptic fit while she was breastfeeding him.

Now, do you think maternal safety is taken more seriously in the aftermath of Repeal?
My understanding is Mr Molloy resigned due to a cut in funding for the maternity strategy. I dont think it would be correct to attribute the resignation to abortion in any way.

Mr Molloys point was how can people be held accountable for errors if the errors are occuring as result of inadequate resources being allocated. Aditionally they felt patient input was simply tokenism.

Popular Threads

Most Replies