Failure Of The Next Coalition Government Will Destroy Labour Party!

SlickWilly

I see failure as inevitable regretably, on the grounds of the size of the mess left behind to deal with, much worse than 82-87, the next government being tied to an unworkable IMF_ECB German Bank Bailout deal, ideological incompatibility and general inexperience, Kenny was a great minister for sport as Noonan pointed out in the leadership campaign the latter won! So what happens the labour party who will be disproportionately destroyed at the polls relative to the blueshirts as a consequence? Their seats will fall like dominoes probably to the Shinners. The party will be left in 4th place and likely to stay there for many moons!

ruamruam

I see failure as inevitable regretably, on the grounds of the size of the mess left behind to deal with, much worse than 82-87, the next government being tied to an unworkable IMF_ECB German Bank Bailout deal, ideological incompatibility and general inexperience, Kenny was a great minister for sport as Noonan pointed out in the leadership campaign the latter won! So what happens the labour party who will be disproportionately destroyed at the polls relative to the blueshirts as a consequence? Their seats will fall like dominoes probably to the Shinners. The party will be left in 4th place and likely to stay there for many moons!
I think you re 100% right

making waves

I think you re 100% right
agreed - although it is likely many seats will fall to the United Left Alliance (rather than SF) if it continues as a political force after the election (and I think that most likely it will continue and develop into a fully fledged party).

SlickWilly

The Best Result For Labour Is A Minority FG Govt. In GE 2011?

Thinking intro the future the best result for Labour in this one could well be a minority Blueshirt administration or small FG majority which will make fools of themselves and won't last long, 18 mths - 2 years. Going into coalition at this time though we need someone to wach the blueshirts will be disasterous in the long term for them, how can it not be in these troubled times????? Mind you the record shows that given any sniff of power and the mercs and the perks they will be only to delighted to give their stock answers to any potential suitor -'Lob it in their boss!'
Also comming back from GE2011 with less than their previous record under the spring tide of 33 seats will be absolutely disaterous, because if they cannot start to make the substantial breakthrough now, when will they?
FG benefitted from the Mullingar accord last time out and Labour came back with a seat less! The blueshirts will be in contention for the last seat in every constituency along with picking up many before then, and those last seats will be won at the expense of Labour in many cases or because of them in many others with transfers - some friends, you have there, mr. Gilmore!
How many cabinet posts with 30 odd seats will they get v 80 blueshirts - 4 at max? and certainly not finance. Maybe Mr.Gilmore will get Tanaiste without portfolio like Clegg! BTW, Shatter might get AG! I cannot see them being allowed to become like Herr Genschers Liberals in the Germany of the recent past - the small party permanently in government, that won't be let happen here, if that's their fantasy!

escoline

The average age of the current labour mob is 59+ . They want power and to hell with the consequences.

macs magic

I disagree.If labour work it right and end up walking after 2 years because of cuts to welfare or child benefit,then FG will be slaughtered as in 02 or worse.Atleast Labour will have left on good terms with the public.
Labour will then be in a great position to form a coalition with FF who will have 25+ fresh faces to give the country the real stability FG can only dream of.

dent

Thinking intro the future the best result for Labour in this one could well be a minority Blueshirt administration or small FG majority which will make fools of themselves and won't last long, 18 mths - 2 years. Going into coalition at this time though we need someone to wach the blueshirts will be disasterous in the long term for them, how can it not be in these troubled times????? Mind you the record shows that given any sniff of power and the mercs and the perks they will be only to delighted to give their stock answers to any potential suitor -'Lob it in their boss!'
Also comming back from GE2011 with less than their previous record under the spring tide of 33 seats will be absolutely disaterous, because if they cannot start to make the substantial breakthrough now, when will they?
FG benefitted from the Mullingar accord last time out and Labour came back with a seat less! The blueshirts will be in contention for the last seat in every constituency along with picking up many before then, and those last seats will be won at the expense of Labour in many cases or because of them in many others with transfers - some friends, you have there, mr. Gilmore!
How many cabinet posts with 30 odd seats will they get v 80 blueshirts - 4 at max? and certainly not finance. Maybe Mr.Gilmore will get Tanaiste without portfolio like Clegg! BTW, Shatter might get AG! I cannot see them being allowed to become like Herr Genschers Liberals in the Germany of the recent past - the small party permanently in government, that won't be let happen here, if that's their fantasy!
It would definitely be the best option for Labour, though not for the less well off. FG will smash them without Labour to cool the heels of the likes of Varadkar. It would be bad news for FF as well, no doubt Mehole is counting on plenty of limelight time as Leader of the Opposition. However, if Labour end up with low 30s while FG are on 80+, they would be mad to go into a coalition, if offered.

The Elephant in the room is the Bank Debt and what we would be forced to do for the obvious end game where the EU buys up the debt by printing an extra couple of Trillion Euro. Now FG could (and I wish they would, they would have my full support) follow the suggestions of Gurdgiev, McWilliams etc which would bring the country with them, but I suspect they haven't the balls to do it. Thus, there would Lisbon type murder trying to get that deal through.

hammer

It is obvious.

Fine Gael will be in coalition with Labour.

Majority of policies will be FG.

It is a deep hole that Fianna FAIL IMF Anglo have left behind.

It will take 10 years which the electorate will accept. Then we will vote on their success.

THERE WILL BE NO FAILURE.

dent

I disagree.If labour work it right and end up walking after 2 years because of cuts to welfare or child benefit,then FG will be slaughtered as in 02 or worse.Atleast Labour will have left on good terms with the public.
Labour will then be in a great position to form a coalition with FF who will have 25+ fresh faces to give the country the real stability FG can only dream of.
It wouldn't be worth it for 2 years. Better to lead the opposition from the start. They should also do an Enda and push all the younger able people forward. Less of Gilmore please.

Analyzer

Nah, GimmeMore and his mates will have so much fun when they get to be ministers, that things will not have to go that far.

Remember the last time they were in power. "Jobs for the Boys" was rife.

Michael D made 40 appointments to state organizations in his final week in office. It makes "the Arts" an expensive part of state policy. But I suppose some people worked for nothing on th canvass trail, and needed encouragement.

macs magic

It is obvious.

Fine Gael will be in coalition with Labour.

Majority of policies will be FG.

It is a deep hole that Fianna FAIL IMF Anglo have left behind.

It will take 10 years which the electorate will accept. Then we will vote on their success.

THERE WILL BE NO FAILURE.
Can you type while dreaming?

rogk12

Is being a political party about avoiding power so it doesn't harm your popularity?

Analyzer

Actually, I reckon the header statement of this blog will prove inaccurate.

A more accurate prediction :

Labour Party will cause the failure Of The Next Coalition Government!

But is good news for the Beards. Because they have an each way bet. They are assured control. Either FF or the LP will be in the government.

The same applies for Pravda-RTE. Institutional survival in the age of you-tube, and satelitte television, and loads of nepotism, requires that either FF or LP involvement in the government.

ciaran63

ciaran63

Don't agree. I think Gilmore fought a poor campaign but there i enough in the combined tanks of Labour and Fine Gael - if - if - they make the right decisions. If they manage to renegotiate the interest on our loans and institute some meaningful political reform, the day to day performance of the economy will see us through. I foresee a change in leadership for the labour party however. The Sinners will be seen for what they are, con men and women with a sinister agenda.

hammer

Can you type while dreaming?
What part is the dream ?

Fianna FAIL IMF Anglo will not govern this country again.

As I have said on many occassions

Getting Fianna FAIL IMF Anglo to run the country would be the same as asking Seanie Fitz & Fingers to come back and manage the recapitalised banks :) :)

Fianna FAIL IMF Anglo ARE FINISHED

cruddie

feck destroying the labour party whats about this coalition destroying our country!!!!

hammer

The country is destroyed. Were you asleep with Mehole for the last 14 years :)

The repair work starts Monday :)

hammer

Fingers crossed.

First 100 days crucial.

When the depression started the first 100 days of BIFFO was singing & drinking and 3 months holidays :(

New Threads

Most Replies