• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Fake "Irish Water" email scam, has "Irish Water" customer details being compromised again?

venusian

Fake "Irish Water" email scam, has "Irish Water" customer details being compromised again?

The hated sleazy "Irish Water" has warned its so called "customers" to be aware of an email scam.
I know the vast majority of ordinary decent taxpayers know Fine Gaels "Irish Water" is a scam company anyway and for them to assert that they have "customers" is a total misnomer, but I digress a little.

Customers warned not to open Irish Water "account maintenance email"
"IRISH WATER IS warning customers not to click links in an email purporting to be from the company.
Customers have received an email in recent days advising them that there is account maintenance underway and they have to log in through the email.This, however, is a phishing email.The company confirmed via Twitter today that it had not sent any emails requesting personal details"

Its bad enough that Fianna Fail's owned Fine Gael minions totally support "Irish Water" in its brazen attempt to steal money from ordinary decent taxpayers to enrich their cronies but it is ironic that "Irish Water" are warning of fake emails purporting to be from themselves. The real issue is, has "Irish Water's" customer (sic) details being breached and compromised once again? I think we should be told. Does anyone have more details they would like to share about the "Irish Water" scam emails?

Mad as Fish

The hated sleazy "Irish Water" has warned its so called "customers" to be aware of an email scam.
I know the vast majority of ordinary decent taxpayers know Fine Gaels "Irish Water" is a scam company anyway and for them to assert that they have "customers" is a total misnomer, but I digress a little.

"IRISH WATER IS warning customers not to click links in an email purporting to be from the company.
Customers have received an email in recent days advising them that there is account maintenance underway and they have to log in through the email.This, however, is a phishing email.The company confirmed via Twitter today that it had not sent any emails requesting personal details"

Its bad enough that Fianna Fail's owned Fine Gael minions totally support "Irish Water" in its brazen attempt to steal money from ordinary decent taxpayers to enrich their cronies but it is ironic that "Irish Water" are warning of fake emails purporting to be from themselves. The real issue is, has "Irish Water's" customer (sic) details being breached and compromised once again? I think we should be told. Does anyone have more details they would like to share about the "Irish Water" scam emails?
I started getting something similar a few weeks ago and assumed it was an attempt by IW to get me to interact with then so they could therefore class me as a 'customer'. They were binned immediately.

hammer

There is also an email scam purporting to be from Revenue.

Didn`t see you mentioning whether their information was compromised.

Get a life :)

hammer

Is there any way to "deter" "prosecute" "track down and execute" these cun%% that send these phishing emails ?

Also those cun%% that ring puporting to be from Microsoft.

Not to mention those cun%% that prey on the elderly with regard to roof repairs etc...

Loads of cun%% out there :(

venusian

There is also an email scam purporting to be from Revenue.

Didn`t see you mentioning whether their information was compromised.

Get a life :)
"Irish Water" are a special case as only the lowest for of scum supports such craven barrels of sleaze as "Irish Water". And it is ironic to see a corrupt company being worried about losing money to email scammers :roll:

Oh by the way I do have a life and part of it is making life hell for Fianna Fail's owned sleazy corrupt FG T.D's and Ministers. I really enjoyed seeing so many of them losing their seats and being kicked out of government in the last election, I did of course assist locally in so many losing their seats ;):rolleyes::lol:

Mad as Fish

Dont be worrying too much. You will pay some other way.
Yay! You've got it, it's called general taxation, what took you so long?

Barna

Scammers warning of a scam.......what next?
They'll be telling us they have a 85% payment rate.

Dorcha

Is there any way to "deter" "prosecute" "track down and execute" these cun%% that send these phishing emails ?

Also those cun%% that ring puporting to be from Microsoft.

Not to mention those cun%% that prey on the elderly with regard to roof repairs etc...

Loads of cun%% out there :(

When crooks are running the country, I suppose they feel they have free reign.

Barna

I started getting something similar a few weeks ago and assumed it was an attempt by IW to get me to interact with then so they could therefore class me as a 'customer'. They were binned immediately.
Marked as spam and moved to trash!

Last edited:

Lúidín

I can see the con-artists planning this: "where can we find a group of suckers who'll believe anything?" BINGO!

Calvin J. Hamilton

Dont be worrying too much. You will pay some other way.
No i wont and if they try getting it some other dubious way i will stop paying tv licence as well,
and anyway wtf is RTE's new found obsession with cookery programmes, give us a break, its almost leading people to miss the deluge of gay couples and gay interviewies that were once on every programme

tipofdiceberg

Plan Z
Find an excuse for the low compliance rate.

Yeah great idea, Paddy won't pay due to this new email scam.

Truth is, Paddy didn't buy into all the other scams.
IW has been just one big scam from the start.
The CONservation grant was another one of their pathetic scams.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies