Fake News Irish style.How long has it been goin on.

Sync

So what’s the fake news? The rte story is based on released papers. They’re reporting what ballistic statements say. They’re reporting what was alleged by named individuals. That’s not fake news.

Ex celt

Well if you look at the list of of IRA actions in the link below there doesn't seem to be anything in it in the year given in the report 1987 that shouts 'innocent' to me in the sense that these individuals wouldn't have been considered military targets in any other war. Or quickly reviewing the earlier years. Where are you getting your 'innocents' claim from?
The innocent bystander at Loughgall’s death was the fault of the sf/ira mincing machine.
Enniskillen bomb victims. All legitimate targets in the deranged thinking of psychopathic killers.

Dame_Enda

A decision to make it public at the time would have tipped off the Brits that the Irish govt had intelligence sources within the UVF about MI5.

Niall996

The innocent bystander at Loughgall’s death was the fault of the sf/ira mincing machine.
Enniskillen bomb victims. All legitimate targets in the deranged thinking of psychopathic killers.
No, you're wrong. You should do your research first. Enniskillen happened after Loughgall so it can't have been included. Plus, and here's a big clue, it wasn't a gun attack but a bombing. The innocent bystander killed in Loughgall was killed in a shootout initiated by the British Army correct?

Ex celt

No, you're wrong. You should do your research first. Enniskillen happened after Loughgall so it can't have been included. Plus, and here's a big clue, it wasn't a gun attack but a bombing. The innocent bystander killed in Loughgall was killed in a shootout initiated by the British Army correct?
Incorrect.
My point is that sf/ira can attempt to justify the most heinous of crimes against humanity

Boss Croker

Website
www.shergar.com
I love the way Father Denis Faul planted a little, ticking time bomb to explode when the official papers were finally released. He was a great wee man, Fr Dinny. Now, Adams is covered in shíte from head to toe.

Niall996

Incorrect.
My point is that sf/ira can attempt to justify the most heinous of crimes against humanity
I don't think you've read the thread. Do you want to go and read it and the come back? You're way off point.

Niall996

Incorrect.
Or I can bring you into the loop. Any army will attempt to justify the most heinous crimes against humanity and regularly do. In fact, show me one army, revolutionary group or resistance force that hasn't? Ever?

Eire1976

Sf/Ira murder spree did not anount to a war or a revolution. It was a nasty sectarian criminal conspiracy.
You have been watching too much fake news and hans christian anderson history sites.
What does that make NI?

Niall996

Incorrect.
By the way the innocent bystander was killed by the British Army. 34 bullets were fired into a completely innocent persons car that night and a man murdered. Was that a heinous crime?

Ex celt

By the way the innocent bystander was killed by the British Army. 34 bullets were fired into a completely innocent persons car that night and a man murdered. Was that a heinous crime?
The first shot was fired by the sf/ira murder gang and the totally innocent person was killed. That was not a heinous crime however as the State Forces were dealing with a gang of bloodthirsty cut throats for the benefit of the taxpayer. Even Jarry had called time on this out of control cabal of homicidal maniacs. Not many a tear was shed. The good,hardworking and decent folk of the area breathed a sigh of relief.

Cdebru

I totally believe the thrust of this document but my thoughts were stirred by the revelation in the last couple of lines.It states the forensics on the IRA weapons found at the ambush site linked them to 40 to 50 murders and every sectarian attack in the counties of Tyrone and Fermanagh during the previous year.40 to 50 murders FFS. I remember the ambush and the tone taken by the Irish media. As I recall, it was all about Brit hate and the illegal killing of brave volunteers.No mention that each and every one of them was more than likely a cowardly mass murdering scumbag that the Brits did the world a good turn by taking out if circulation.Who made the decision to not make this information public at the time.Tiocfaidh ar la scummers in the state services and media?Wonder what they keep from us today?

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2017/1229/930082-state-papers-1987-gerry-adams/
I don't think their were 40 to 50 people shot by the IRA in Fermanagh and Tyrone in the year previous to Loughall, according to the Wikipedia page listing IRA actions, there were 11 people shot an killed by the IRA between January 1986 and May 8th 1987 in Fermanagh and Tyrone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_Provisional_Irish_Republican_Army_actions_(1980–89)

Unless the IRA killed 30 or 40 more who subsequently died in a car crash in Germany this seems like a BS claim.

mac tíre

The first shot was fired by the sf/ira murder gang and the totally innocent person was killed. That was not a heinous crime however as the State Forces were dealing with a gang of bloodthirsty cut throats for the benefit of the taxpayer. Even Jarry had called time on this out of control cabal of homicidal maniacs. Not many a tear was shed. The good,hardworking and decent folk of the area breathed a sigh of relief.
Sorry, your heroes killed the innocent person that day. In your book that is a heinous crime. You don't appear to want to admit that however.

Wagmore

I don't think their were 40 to 50 people shot by the IRA in Fermanagh and Tyrone in the year previous to Loughall, according to the Wikipedia page listing IRA actions, there were 11 people shot an killed by the IRA between January 1986 and May 8th 1987 in Fermanagh and Tyrone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_Provisional_Irish_Republican_Army_actions_(1980–89)

Unless the IRA killed 30 or 40 more who subsequently died in a car crash in Germany this seems like a BS claim.
That's the point.Truth or otherwise was withheld.I'm only the piano player passing on the message as released in archives

Watcher2

You could say the same about any soldiers from any army killed by soldiers from another army. Most of the guns held by German soldiers on the front line at the Somme had probably killed dozens before they themselves were killed. Isn't that normal in war or revolutions?
Soldiers in an army? The IRA?

mac tíre

That's the point.Truth or otherwise was withheld.I'm only the piano player passing on the message as released in archives
I just knew you were the Liberace type!

Ex celt

Sorry, your heroes killed the innocent person that day. In your book that is a heinous crime. You don't appear to want to admit that however.
They killed the innocent but the innocent died because the JCB Murderistas started a fire fight with the forces of law and order.

Wagmore

So what’s the fake news? The rte story is based on released papers. They’re reporting what ballistic statements say. They’re reporting what was alleged by named individuals. That’s not fake news.
Yeah but at time there was no mention that the "Loughall Martyrs" had the blood of 50/60 on their hands.No mention of it years later when European Court of Human Rights were giving it to the Brits

New Threads

Top Bottom