Fake News site Breitbart caught fabricating a story..........again

Clanrickard

NYE in Dortmund: 1000-Man Mob Attack Police, Set Church Alight

This is the story Breitbart posted which was widely shared across the net. Breitbart loves showing gangs of Muslims doing mad violent things. Before Christmas they had a gang of Muslims destroying a Christmas tree in Italy when in fact the tree was in Cairo and the people were taking presents off the tree as part of some promotion or other.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/07/german-police-quash-breitbart-story-of-mob-setting-fire-to-dortmund-church?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=207338&subid=17675296&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

Now the Dortmund police relate what really happened as per the Guardian link above. The church was not set on fire. It is not Germany's oldest (a quick google reveals it is in Trier). There was a serious of unconnected incidents which Breitbart dishonestly stitched together. The video on Breitbart claims to show immigrants from the ME waving Al Qeada and IS flags. What I saw was the Syrian flag being waved which seems to back the police report that it was Syrians celebrating the ceasefire in Syria.

Sites like Jihadwatch regularly use Breitbart to show Muslims (and other groups) in a bad light yet many of these reports or either false or uncorroborated by anyone else. It underlines how important it is to take non-mainstream media with a large helping of salt.

Analyzer

This coming from the poster who help somebody fake a loan application..........

Fake News was all the rage before the property mania burst.

The Sh1te Rimes, PRAVDA-rte, & the DOBlin media were telling us that house prices were going up forever.

That was followed by the same liar organs refusing to publish the names of the bank bonholders that were also buying advertising from the same liar organs.

I never seen the Breitbart link. But I seen the Irish compromised liar media impovrish millions and then get partially bailed out via a method refused to the plebs - a debt writedown from the little bank of suds.

It is one thing to have an internet site making unsubstantiated claims, but few see that site.

It is another matter when media outlets that are naively believed, do it as a matter of routine, & there is no discussion on the matter.

The real Fake News problem involves media organs that manage to maintain a veneer of respectability, whilst routinely lying either by commission or ommission.

"Support our advertising sponsors"....

Last edited:

Supra

Yes.

And as I commented on another thread, death threats through social media should be taken for what they are. Either it's a death threat or it's not. If the source can't be identified and the threat verified then any reports of such threats should state that.

The media have a bad habit of using social media as a source. Anytime I hear - comments on social media - or - threats received through social media - I just want to punch the journalist.

sic transit

owedtojoy

This is the story Breitbart posted which was widely shared across the net. Breitbart loves showing gangs of Muslims doing mad violent things. Before Christmas they had a gang of Muslims destroying a Christmas tree in Italy when in fact the tree was in Cairo and the people were taking presents off the tree as part of some promotion or other.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/07/german-police-quash-breitbart-story-of-mob-setting-fire-to-dortmund-church?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=207338&subid=17675296&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

Now the Dortmund police relate what really happened as per the Guardian link above. The church was not set on fire. It is not Germany's oldest (a quick google reveals it is in Trier). There was a serious of unconnected incidents which Breitbart dishonestly stitched together. The video on Breitbart claims to show immigrants from the ME waving Al Qeada and IS flags. What I saw was the Syrian flag being waved which seems to back the police report that it was Syrians celebrating the ceasefire in Syria.

Sites like Jihadwatch regularly use Breitbart to show Muslims (and other groups) in a bad light yet many of these reports or either false or uncorroborated by anyone else. It underlines how important it is to take non-mainstream media with a large helping of salt.
Brightfart is not only a Fake News website, it is also unashamedly White Supremacist.

Time to start calling a spade a spade.

Clanrickard

Brightfart is not only a Fake News website, it is also unashamedly White Supremacist.

That such a risible site gets such attention is very worrying. Cartoon frogs can't mask nazis.

Clanrickard

This coming from the poster who help somebody fake a loan application..........

Fake News was all the rage before the property mania burst.

The Sh1te Rimes, PRAVDA-rte, & the DOBlin media were telling us that house prices were going up forever.

That was followed by the same liar organs refusing to publish the names of the bank bonholders that were also buying advertising from the same liar organs.

I never seen the Breitbart link. But I seen the Irish compromised liar media impovrish millions and then get partially bailed out via a method refused to the plebs - a debt writedown from the little bank of suds.

It is one thing to have an internet site making unsubstantiated claims, but few see that site.

It is another matter when media outlets that are naively believed, do it as a matter of routine, & there is no discussion on the matter.

The real Fake News problem involves media organs that manage to maintain a veneer of respectability, whilst routinely lying either by commission or ommission.

"Support our advertising sponsors"....
You are a prime example of the type of birdbrain that ignores the msm and reads outlandish wevsites thinking they are true. Signs on your posts are flashing beacons of ignorance.

PC Principle

All your posted links during the election campaign were from completely Fake News sites.

So there.

picador

Breitbart is biased. So is The Guardian. Is The Guardian a 'fake news' site?

sic transit

Breitbart is biased. So is The Guardian. Is The Guardian a 'fake news' site?
So is every source they cited, German politicians, newspapers and German police. This whole fake news thing is such a good playground game. Without an engaged brain you can make anything fake.

picador

Breitbart is more than biased. It is deliberately misleading. Good to see it being exposed.
By The Guardian LOL. The Guardian is never deliberately misleading - or is it?

Clanrickard

By The Guardian LOL. The Guardian is never deliberately misleading - or is it?
Either you are clueless or are being deliberately obtuse. The Guardian has apolitical bias yes. The Guardian, the BBC, RTE, the Telegraph, the Economist, The Irish Times do not fake news stories. Furthermore where there is an error it is corrected. Furthermore you have heard of the SPJ and the NUJ? You have heard of the various codes of conduct to which reputable media organs (ie not Bretibart or RT) belong?

bonkers

Seemingly The Liberal.ie reported that over 100 Irish/African youths rioted on Henry St. just before Christmas. The Garda and shop owners were contacted and reported that nothing had happened.

New Threads

Most Replies