Fantasist O'Callaghan is dead:

Clanrickard

He turned into a sad pathetic figure in the end.

johnny365

Disgusting that you still have a pop at the man on his death. Typical sf/Ira low life. Sean saved many lives and needs to be commended for the many lives he saved with the information he passed on.

It's sad to think that Sean could not return to his home town even when we are supposed to have a "peace process" as his safety could not be guranteed.

Rest in peace Sean, you saved many life's.

hollandia

WTF is wrong with people on this site. The man's dead. Leave it at that.

Fullforward

Disgusting that you still have a pop at the man on his death. Typical sf/Ira low life. Sean saved many lives and needs to be commended for the many lives he saved with the information he passed on.

It's sad to think that Sean could not return to his home town even when we are supposed to have a "peace process" as his safety could not be guranteed.

And you of all people have no right to talk about respect for the dead.

GDPR

God have mercy on his soul.

There was a time I took him seriously now to be honest I have some hatred for him for feeding the worst paranoid fantasies of the PUL community.

Aindriu

"A number of O'Callaghan's claims have been ridiculed by republicans. They branded him a fantasist"

Well they wouild do that wouldn't they? They wouldn't reveal how much damage informers like O'Callaghan had done, which was a great amount.

occams_butterknife

Sean saved many lives and needs to be commended for the many lives he saved with the information he passed on.
True, and I am not here to have a dig, but I wish former terrorists would thank their lucky stars they are not in prison for life and feck off out of public life, instead of setting themselves up as moral leaders.

Fullforward

"A number of O'Callaghan's claims have been ridiculed by republicans. They branded him a fantasist"

Well they wouild do that wouldn't they? They wouldn't reveal how much damage informers like O'Callaghan had done, which was a great amount.
And Robert Lean was the bastion of all things honest when the Brits had him primed to jail dozens of people on the basis of his information until it turned back in on them.

Strawberry

He murdered two people, I've never seen any evidence that he saved any lives. The gardaí quickly realised that he was a fantasist who invented IRA plots and tales of foiling them to curry favour with his handlers. To the extent that he wasted police time he probably cost people their lives.

johnny365

We are supposedly in a time of peace and the man could still not return to his home town, tells you all you need to know about SF/IRA.

GDPR

He murdered two people, I've never seen any evidence that he saved any lives. The gardaí quickly realised that he was a fantasist who invented IRA plots and tales of foiling them to curry favour with his handlers. To the extent that he wasted police time he probably cost people their lives.
He did his best to undermine the Peace Process. That is something that I cannot help holding against him.

Clanrickard

What part was fantasy? The information he passed on to the gardai about the IRA?
I am afraid a lot of it was bogus. He was badly used by West Brit types. He struck me as a sad and lonely figure.

johnny365

I'm sure Ferris agrees he is a "fantasist " after all he spent ten years in portlaois because of one of Sean's " fantasys".

Clanrickard

New Threads

Most Replies