Fantastic Irish Equine exploits Down Under.

eoghanacht

In light of some of the negative press emanating from Oz about our small country we produce a fantastic result in training the first three home in "The race that stops a nation" or the Melbourne Cup as its officially called.

Congratulations to young Joseph who is still wet behind the ears in training terms and to his father Aidan and a certain Willie Mullins who collectively trained the first three home.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/two-teens-17-attacked-by-a-large-group-of-youths-outside-train-station-36295176.html

https://www.racingpost.com/news/melbourne-cup/race-report/307651

For those of you unfamiliar with the sport of kings this is on our with an Irish team winning the champions league final.

24 years of age?

There will have been very many seasoned trainers looking on in wonder and some envy.

I hope he kicks on from a wonderful achievement. 18 months into his career and he has achieved something very rare.

Fair play and congratulations to him.

eoghanacht

24 years of age?

There will have been very many seasoned trainers looking on in wonder and some envy.

I hope he kicks on from a wonderful achievement. 18 months into his career and he has achieved something very rare.

He did have a bit of a head start but he certainly hasn't squandered his opportunity.

cozzy121

I get the feeling that the usual Aussie bitterness towards a "foreign" victory might be mollified by the fact it's an Aussie owner and Jockey..

eoghanacht

I get the feeling that the usual Aussie bitterness towards a "foreign" victory might be mollified by the fact it's an Aussie owner and Jockey..
Prolly.

But it doesn't detract from young Joseph's acheivement.

In fact it goes to show our prowess in the training field.

offalypat

24 years of age?

what about the horse i would think it deserves most of the praise not joseph o brien.

Emily Davison

Fantastic achievement. My husband was so excited. He loves horse racing. He even got to see Galileo at Coolmore last month. He now has a picture of himself with the horse on his phone. Melbourne is a phenomental result for Irish horseracing. BBC was full of it this morning. They were so jealous, but in a nice way. Going on about European achievement etc. But all in good taste.

Round tower

24 years of age?

Great achievement, his father has never trained a MC winner, the year Joseph was born Dermot Weld was the first foreign trainer too win the MC with Vintage Crop he trained a second winner

eoghanacht

New Threads