Far Right On The Rise in Coleraine?

I don't mean to be rude but I honestly thought that this thread was going to be humorous.

FAR RIGHT ON RISE IN COLERAINE

it's like saying MILITARY COUP IN BALLYNAGASH

I'm trembling.

vinoboy

Loyalist 'Nazis' wave proudly their flags of Israel. Laughable. You might as well compare George Bush to a real conservative.
Adding to the crazy world of politics , many on far right despise Israel and German Nazis now support dissident republican mentality beacuse of loyalist support for Israel as do White Supremacists in USA jails who sport the Shamrock .

Kevin Doyle

Adding to the crazy world of politics , many on far right despise Israel and German Nazis now support dissident republican mentality beacuse of loyalist support for Israel as do White Supremacists in USA jails who sport the Shamrock .
Really? I find that hard to believe, despite the KKKs respite on Roman Catholic admission (some suggesting a blossoming Christian right coalition to combat the threat of Islam is taking root), White supremacists movements -in particular Skinhead and neo-nazi groups- in the US still remain hostile to Roman Catholicism

vinoboy

Really? I find that hard to believe, despite the KKKs respite on Roman Catholic admission (some suggesting a blossoming Christian right coalition to combat the threat of Islam is taking root), White supremacists movements -in particular Skinhead and neo-nazi groups- in the US still remain hostile to Roman Catholicism
KKK as you imagine has largely disappeared and now neo nazi groups .suggest you watch some documentaries which detail the rise of such groups ,their role in american penal system and outside influence.Their tats are Hitler's birthday date and shamrock.Links to German groups who now support dissidents and crazily muslim groups.Crazy , mixed up world ,but all goes back to Hitler and anti Jews .Yes ,old style KKK in 1920's were anti RC ,but things have moved on .

factual

National Front spokesman Mark Brown has been generating column inches in the Coleraine Times of late. In his latest statement the far-right spokesperson, inaccurately described as a 'public representative' in last week's CT, credited a local SDLP representative for boosting NF recruitment in the County Derry town. It seems the Front have found a bogeyman in wanna-be 'left-wing looney' John Dallat, who recently spoke out on that old bugbear - the flying of loyalist flags in mixed residential areas.

Undeterred, Dallat has condemned the local Ulster Defence Association, which he claims is continuing to recruit youngsters to carry out acts of sectarian vandalism in the town; and has called upon the International Monitoring Commission to investigate the paramilitary organisation's activities.
I have not been to Coleraine but as I understand it it is a fairly deprived outlying area in the six counties. It is exactly these marginalised areas without hope that turn to these types of politics if there is not appropriate investment. We must invest so as to make all people fell an equal part of our society.

Cruimh

I have not been to Coleraine but as I understand it it is a fairly deprived outlying area in the six counties. It is exactly these marginalised areas without hope that turn to these types of politics if there is not appropriate investment. We must invest so as to make all people fell an equal part of our society.
I wouldn't describe Coleraine as marginalised or fairly deprived.

vinoboy

coleraine is largely middle class with some working class estates .Cannot be bothered to check unemployment stats by ward but would be lower than most areas in NI.

SevenStars

The National Front have targetted Coleraine in the past. In the mid-1980's they attempted to organise a rally in Coleraine and about 50 of them turned up. They were faced with a counter-demonstration of over 1,000 and ran off with their tails between their legs.
The Official National Front who's Ulster Nationalism, Celtic Twilight waffle and sympathy with Political Roman Catholic Integralism weirded the locals out did...However the Orange Order in England has two types...Low Church versions of the Legion of Mary types and hardcore fascists...It varies from Lodge to Lodge.

There are serious links between the most reactionary if not fascist elements in the Tory establishment with Ulster Unionism in all its shades (including the death squads)....Aswell as between the more hardcore elements within Unionism and Blood and Honour, etc, etc.

vinoboy

I believe David Cameron in his spare time with his neo Tory Lib Dem supporters go on the lash to far right music gigs ,before instructing the "lads" in Coleraine to attack immigrants and RC's .
More medication, pleeeeze for SS.

SevenStars

I believe David Cameron in his spare time with his neo Tory Lib Dem supporters go on the lash to far right music gigs ,before instructing the "lads" in Coleraine to attack immigrants and RC's .
More medication, pleeeeze for SS.
The links between the OO in England and fascism are well documented...But as I said thats not the whole story. The links between extra-legal Unionism and fascism in England are pretty solid....Of course such types believe in things unlike Unionism which defines itself solely by resistance to Irish national liberation....Give me Maurice Cowling over David Trimble anyday.

Last edited:

Sync

Test.

New Threads

Top Bottom