Farmer finds book while spreading cow manure ---- ULYSSES--- for mugs.

valamhic

I want you to finish what you started with your book review of Ulysses. I suspect user Bens12 might agree with me that Joyce was an experimental writer (e.g., stream of consciousness)?

You have made a great contribution to politics.ie with your insights on Joyce's Ulysses (this novel is considered to be a masterpiece - although I can't follow it) and you have exposed the Status Quo Protection Society members, who are now on the run after you made them eat their own rhubarb! ...

Overall, I'm impressed.
Well I can confirm that its a challenge. There is not doubt that Joyce was showing off his word smiting abilities. A problem for me is that as I get older having read and studied so much, I find some ordinary people uninteresting. If |I cant take about cattle or one of my hobbies, I get bored. I think I am beginning to get bored mundane matters, like a funeral cortege or of a man trying to place an Advertisement kin a paper.

StarryPlough01

Well I can confirm that its a challenge. There is not doubt that Joyce was showing off his word smiting abilities. A problem for me is that as I get older having read and studied so much, I find some ordinary people uninteresting. If |I cant take about cattle or one of my hobbies, I get bored. I think I am beginning to get bored mundane matters, like a funeral cortege or of a man trying to place an Advertisement kin a paper.
I am thinking now that you a self made business man with a hobby farm / other (I think you mentioned that were you renting the land where you found Ulysses book). :)

And you've been hiding your light under a bushel all this time. :)

valamhic

I am thinking now that you a self made business man with a hobby farm / other (I think you mentioned that were you renting the land where you found Ulysses book). :)

And you've been hiding your light under a bushel all this time. :)
You know I can't hep but think, that while Ulysses is the excellent work of a great wordsmith, it is devoid of drama, trauma, tension, spite and all the other excellent traits you get in humanity

valamhic

If I could digress for one post. I was a great Trump supporter, but there is a revelation in this new book by Wolfe which has shaken my confidence in him. He eats McDonald's burgers without the bread. This is bad example for a nation of fatties.

I had an American girlfriend years ago. She was nice and curvy at the start, but then McDonalds arrived in town, she got so fat that when I had her knickers down round her ankles, her asrshe was still in then"

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies