FAS and the €1 Billion budget

johnboy

Shane Ross said that Brian Lenihan could save €1 Billion by wielding a sledgehammer through FAS and I find myself agreeing with him. A friend of mine who is on one of those FAS CE schemes told me recently that they dont do anything all day only drinking tea and doing crosswords while the supervisors on the scheme in (Co. Galway) play computer games most of the time. Is it not time that a full investigation is carried to see where FAS are spending our (TAX PAYERS) hard earned money. :cry:

http://www.shane-ross.ie/archives/340/f ... ek-quango/

Andrew49

Twitter
AndrewSB49
Re: Shane Ross on the Late Late

johnboy Wrote:
Is it not time that a full investigation is carried to see where FAS are spending our (TAX PAYERS) hard earned money.
Yeah, a tribunal. We have experience of setting up tribunals.

Victor Meldrew

Re: Shane Ross on the Late Late

Andrew49 said:
johnboy Wrote:
Is it not time that a full investigation is carried to see where FAS are spending our (TAX PAYERS) hard earned money.
Yeah, a tribunal. We have experience of setting up tribunals.
In fact, we could get them to investigate themselves...

Andrew49

Twitter
AndrewSB49
Re: Shane Ross on the Late Late, FAS €1 Billion budget

We'd have to carry out a survey first, or hold a meeting to decide if a survey is needed, and if needed a further meeting to decide the members of the survey group.

jerryp

If we keep this going , we will provide all the material that Senator Ross needs to fill his weekly rant in the Sunday Independent, while he concentrates on all the important work involved in being a Senator such as.............................................ehm, I mean, ah well, you know yourself !

johnboy

Fianna Fail wont touch FAS with a barge pole. Look at all the party faithful throughout the country who are drawing a FAS cheque every week. It's how FF have always done it, look after their own and FUC* the rest. :evil:

johnboy

jerryp said:
If we keep this going , we will provide all the material that Senator Ross needs to fill his weekly rant in the Sunday Independent, while he concentrates on all the important work involved in being a Senator such as.............................................ehm, I mean, ah well, you know yourself !
Well if Senator Ross sole aim is to expose the corruption in FAS and to bring it to the fore then isn't he adding wonderful value as Senator.

pepper

Is a Minister's husband going to be affected should FAS be denuded of money?

CelloP

I presume someone from gubberment was invited on to counter the doom?

But who'd dare put their head above the pulpit at a time like this?

(edit: INBS executives must be furious about what was said)

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com

johnboy said:
Shane Ross said that Brian Lenihan could save €1 Billion by wielding a sledgehammer through FAS and I find myself agreeing with him. A friend of mine who is on one of those FAS CE schemes told me recently that they dont do anything all day only drinking tea and doing crosswords while the supervisors on the scheme in (Co. Galway) play computer games most of the time. Is it not time that a full investigation is carried to see where FAS are spending our (TAX PAYERS) hard earned money. :cry:

so you want the gov to pay private contractors to do the same and charge more for it like they do in the uk.

Supermanpolitician

A state body that isn't monitored or efficient? Hmmm. Now where have we heard that before?

Back in the day there were a couple of local work dodgers on a FAS scheme in my old school. Spent most of the time drinking tea, took out a few bins and kept the same hours as the teachers.

borntorum

Supermanpolitician said:
A state body that isn't monitored or efficient? Hmmm. Now where have we heard that before?

Back in the day there were a couple of local work dodgers on a FAS scheme in my old school. Spent most of the time drinking tea, took out a few bins and kept the same hours as the teachers.
FAS is a very dodgy organisation. There's been a lot of reports recently in the Sunday Times and Irish Times regarding 'irregularities' in certain spending programs. It is a disgrace that during the boom years, as unemployment plummeted, FAS was not abolished or seriously reduced

lostexpectation

Website

Supermanpolitician said:

your the same type that would be be for 'work for your dole or get cut off' while you know those jobs and back to work schemes are just humiliation for most people.

Universal_001

I knew someone who went on a FAS course, and right afterwards he went straight back on the dole, I'd have thought there would be a rule that once you have a qualification you go out and get a job no more dole...

The description of sitting around drinking tea is not what I heard, but not far off either...

FakeViking

borntorum said:
Supermanpolitician said:

FAS is a very dodgy organisation. There's been a lot of reports recently in the Sunday Times and Irish Times regarding 'irregularities' in certain spending programs. It is a disgrace that during the boom years, as unemployment plummeted, FAS was not abolished or seriously reduced
The disgrace is that during the boom years, FAS and the rest of the state sector were allowed to bloat, with no control by management from the top down. Oh, yes, of course the FAS board are Zanu-FF appointed 'friends'.

Helium Three

The €20 million that FFás spends in a week would build and equip a couple of new secondary schools.

SUIL EILE

johnboy said:

I hope the taoseach closed down the FAS office beside his constituency office very soon because it should be another basis for brian lenihan to save his propose 1 billion euro in the economy which i presume it's a welcome proposal to be be honest.

There is a reason Ross mentioned FÁS. What that space. It concerns certain FF links there but more cannot be said for legal reasons right now. He and others don't pick FÁS to refer to purely by accident.

lostexpectation

Website

Tribunaljunkie said:
There is a reason Ross mentioned FÁS. What that space. It concerns certain FF links there but more cannot be said for legal reasons right now. He and others don't pick FÁS to refer to purely by accident.

to do with this... so you want the gov to pay private contractors to do the same and charge more for it like they do in the uk. what's the name of that company

a way to privatise welfare?

Deep Throat

Over the past number of years a lot of unemployed people were put on FAS courses, and other similar schemes, in order to make the unemployment figures look better than they actually were.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies