• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

FAS chief quits

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
Last edited by a moderator:

He3

Nailed.

Worse still, nailed and Shaned.

Last edited:

corelli

Accountability!! I don't believe it!!

Reading between the lines - accepted the resignation = resign or be fired.

draiocht23

Reading between the lines - accepted the resignation = resign or be fired.
He would probably prefer to get his nails done than face that committee meeting/grilling on Thursday...

On the plus, he'll have lots of time to "build relationships" and play golf now..

CookieMonster

I am actually, genuinely very shocked by this.

One could say, in the face of the overwhelming stack of "judgement errors" leaning against him that resignation would be inevitable, but of course we know in Ireland that isn't the case.

Serves him bloody right.

However, beware, does he pass go and collecte £200? Are there golden handshakes and bonuses to be had?

markeys

Wow, was expecting another round of brass neck. Good to see that its becoming harder to neck it out in the hope of the storm blowing past. Might be a lot of other nervous Directors out there tonight.

Fir Bolg

There is only accountability if he is forced to repay the taxpayers money spent on the luxuries he afforded himself while on these junkets.

draiocht23

One could say, in the face of the overwhelming stack of "judgement errors" leaning against him that resignation would be inevitable, but of course we know in Ireland that isn't the case.

Serves him bloody right.

However, beware, does he pass go and collecte £200? Are there golden handshakes and bonuses to be had?
Good point, one would have to think that his hand is 24 carrot at this stage, but perhaps there is a pot of gold waiting for him in his retirement villa in....Florida?

Now, what about the other 15 members of the board...are they going to walk the plank? Can we watch?

Parnella

Bloody proposterous scapegoating for the inept incompetent Fianna Fail.

Are we all so stupid as to not be asking:

WHY these cutbacks etc. have not been made over the last 15 years?

WHY all of the revenues from the last 15 years have been squandered?

The horse has bolted so long before Fianna Fail's pathetic attempts to shut the barn door that the barn has been repossessed and the horse is halfway to China.

Rocky

Serves him bloody right.

I am as well.

It really shows how bad Ireland has become when people are shocked when someone resigns who did such a terrible job.

Last edited:

corelli

Good point, one would have to think that his hand is 24 carrot at this stage, but perhaps there is a pot of gold waiting for him in his retirement villa in....Florida?

Now, what about the other 15 members of the board...are they going to walk the plank? Can we watch?
He was the Director General. I presume he agreed some form of severance package. In the event that the Government unilaterally voided his contract they would have had a very expensive contract dispute on their hands. However, I, obviously, don't know what his contractual arrangements were.

corelli

I am as well.

It really shows how bad Ireland has become when people are shocked when someone resigns who quite simply ********************** from the state.
Thats hugely defamatory and you cannot prove it. You might remove the comment. I am sure you have no intention of getting either you or the site's owners sued.

He3

It would be unfortunate if a severance package has been put together

euroboy

I wouldnt delight too early in him resigning.

Once the issue quitens down he will probarly be appointed to a better more lucrative job in the public sector but not before he gets a golden goodbye.

Cowen's remark that Molloy is an excellant public servant is code for we will look after you bud.

Mary Harney better look out, her job at the Euro Commission could be swept from under her feet;-)

Molloy's arrogance and inability to see what he did was wrong is up their with p flynn on the late late.

goosebump

This makes Cowen look like a bit of a tool (again).

Cowen should have refused to back him.

CookieMonster

I don't believe that he stole the money, but he did waste hundreds of thousands of euro of taxpayer's money.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies