• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Fascism and Irish Politics

teanganua

Website
www.teanganua.pro.ie
The Real Story of Irish Fascism

We read always of O'Duffy and the Blueshirts, and with the exception of Russell and the IRA gunrunners we know little of Republican fascism.

That is about to change.

This article from WikiPedia names and shames those from both sides of the Civil war who planned and plotted for a fascist state in Ireland.

Connolly would have turned in his grave.[/b]

Gladstone

-Full employment
-Living wage
-Free Social Services

Sounds more like any European Social Democratic party, the only remotly fascist thing is conscrription.

Catalpa

teanganua said:

We read always of O'Duffy and the Blueshirts, and with the exception of Russell and the IRA gunrunners we know little of Republican fascism.

That is about to change.

This article from WikiPedia names and shames those from both sides of the Civil war who planned and plotted for a fascist state in Ireland.

Doesn't exactly shame anyone! :shock:

That would only be the case if these men believed they were doing something that was shameful, which clearly they didn't.

Right Wing Corporatist Politics was a political philosophy that had a much larger following in the Europe of 1940 than it does today.

teanganua

Website
www.teanganua.pro.ie
Fascist agenda

• According to a report in the Züricher Zeitung (February 22, 1940) “the United Press was told that the projected party would be ready to take over the government of Ireland on either a corporate or fascist basis”.
Sounds fascist enough to me.

Catalpas "multcultural" signature is indicative of his stance.

In Tulamore we have, Polish, Lithuanians, Nigerians, Syrians, Iraqis, Romany and Congolsese all living side by side. All speak their own languages among themselves, and English to the Irish.

No need to smash multiculturalism. Its whats making Ireland beautiful.

LowIQ

teanganua said:
blah blah blah
I just checked out your website to "reform the language before it dies" OH MY GOD!!
Do you mean English and your peculiar spellings of "foreignor"?

Catalpa

Re: Fascist agenda

teanganua said:
  • According to a report in the Züricher Zeitung (February 22, 1940) “the United Press was told that the projected party would be ready to take over the government of Ireland on either a corporate or fascist basis”.

In Tulamore we have, Polish, Lithuanians, Nigerians, Syrians, Iraqis, Romany and Congolsese all living side by side. All speak their own languages among themselves, and English to the Irish.

Oh so because I oppose 'multiculturalism' that makes me a Fascist? :roll:

I oppose MC because regardless of the misguided people who thought up the idea it is and will be used as a method to divide people and thus control them better.

Surely you are familair with the 'Divide and Rule ' principle that Oligarchies and Empires use to exercise control?

So implementing MC is just another way of downgrading a sense of Irish identity and seeing us end up a minority here in our own Land. In other words we will be the victims of ethnic cleansing by stealth.

Recall that Hitler was determined to replace Poles etc with Germans in a widespread policy of Ethnic Cleansing in eastern Europe. In other words one people were to be replaced by another. From a majority to a minority.

Colonialism and 'Planations' were inbuilt features of Fascist States (Italians in Libya/Abyssinia) as also practised on a wide scale around the world by White Colonialists of European Stock worldwide up to and including today (e.g. Brazil).

Only difference is that here it's a replacement of one People (the Irish) by a variety of other ethnic, cultural and religious groups who are of course encouraged to see themselves as identifying with non Irish identities.

BTW Hitler was the one who triggered a flood of immigrants from Poland, Ukraine and other European States under his jackboot to feed the German Economy due to manpower shortages, this running into millions of Osties etc to man the factories and farms, who worked long hours in hard conditions for basic pay rates (if lucky). Remind you of somewhere?

Mass Immigration will wipe the Irish if allowed to continue and is a Right Wing policy.

You are wasting your time calling for the restoration of Irish BTW when very soon (3 or 4 decades) most people won't even have an ancestor who was resident in the State in the year 2000.

Think it over for yourself! :?

Pidge

From what I can tell, the whole "fascist" thing is based upon an article in Nazi Germany-based newspaper. That's not exactly a reliable source, especially when it comes to fascism.

green

Website
www.younggreens.ie
Pidge said:
From what I can tell, the whole "fascist" thing is based upon an article in Nazi Germany-based newspaper.
*smacks Pidge upside the head*

Zurich's in Switzerland.

Pidge

green said:
Pidge said:
From what I can tell, the whole "fascist" thing is based upon an article in Nazi Germany-based newspaper.
*smacks Pidge upside the head*

Zurich's in Switzerland.
Oh! I just saw "Zeitung" and assumed that was the name of the paper! Zurich was on another line! Bah! Damn skim-reading.

sackville

teanganua said:

Irelands' MC experiment is very much in its early days. A major economic downturn usually exposes the previously concealed faultlines in most societies.

incidently, can there be ever too many immigrants/ethnic minorites to the Multicult members, or are is an indefinite, unlimited influx 'just the ticket' for here and ever after?

hiding behind a poster

Catalpa said:
[

BTW Hitler was the one who triggered a flood of immigrants from Poland, Ukraine and other European States under his jackboot to feed the German Economy due to manpower shortages, this running into millions of Osties etc to man the factories and farms, who worked long hours in hard conditions for basic pay rates (if lucky). Remind you of somewhere?

Errr, one slight difference, Catalpa - Hitler invaded their countries first, and then forced them into slave labour.

Gladstone

I remember being told in hisotry class that "Irish people were inimical to fascism" so these guys were never a real threat.

popper

teanganua said:

That is about to change.

You really ought to learn something about Irish history before you start to make stupid accusations. Coras na Poblachta was not a fascist party. As someone else said its aims were more akin to post war social and christian democracy and in fact a number of the people named were later involved in Clann na Poblachta - which you may have heard of? Perhaps not.... It had very similiar, although not as left wing policies as Coras.

PS. If you follow the link from the wikipedia article to the RSF article it is based on you will see that the only people who claimed that Coras was fascist were the authors of the Swiss newspaper report who also got all of the other details wrong. Indeed, it sounds like it may have emanated from a German intelligence source here.

My god, do they teach basic history at all these days :roll:

hinkar

teanganua said:

Well, multiculturalism is racist in the sense that to an MC, a multiethnic state must be a multicultural state, that culture and race are somehow related, which is a rather racist sentiment.

In a multicultural state, those Polish for example will have Irish-Polish kids, who will be differenciated from the natives who'll just be described as "Irish"...which again is racist, in that they won't be as Irish as the locals.

In a non-multicultural state, they'll all be just Irish...If they want to be polish-irish, let them; it's a free country. But in Multiculturalism as it's practices in other countries, it means they're ENCOURAGED to be Polish-Irish which is not only racist, it'll turn the country into a Yugoslavia (3 culturally different tribes who don't mix, as opposed to our current 2)...

In a world where other countries are questioning MC, it's a bit naive to have this happy-clappy view of it. The Dutch declared multiculturalism to be a 30 year failure last year, Trevor Philip's (of the UK's Commission for Racial Equality) said about the UK that "we're sleepwalking our way towards segregation'" as "'actually we're going to reward you for being different, we're going to give you a community centre only if you are Pakistani or African Caribbean and so on, but we're not going to encourage you to be part of the community of our town.'"... same in Oz and all across Europe.

All in all, Multiculturalism is a hinderance to integration.

And as far as I am aware, the Irish state doesn't sponsor multiculturalism, it sponsors interculturalism...(except for the PDs...heard Mick McD waffling on about Salad bowls more than once)...

popper

Well said hinkar. As you correctly say, some people in this country appear to be completely oblivious to the actual experience of socieities that have actively promoted multi-culturalism over the past 30 years.

At best, it can be summarised in Teanganua's Brady Bunch vision of a great big melting pot. At worse it is positively antipathetic or even downright hostile to Irish customs and traditions.

georgedillon

The Teanganua website idea of simplifying Irish is truly inane.

First, because there is no historical precedent for a language being "simplified" as a result of some administrative fiat.

Second, because the language already is significantly simplified. When you have large numbers of non-natives speaking a language, it becomes a kind of pidgin. That's what has happened, as 10 minutes spent watching Ros na Run will exemplify, or indeed a visit to any of the misnamed "gaelscoileanna" will show.
I wish it weren't so, but it is.
GD

eurocrat

stringjack said:
Dude, stop doing that. You are a good poster but relpying to posts with one emoticon annoys the hell out of me. It doesn't exactly help debate.

It also looks very arrogant, imo.

stringjack

eurocrat said:
stringjack said:
Dude, stop doing that. You are a good poster but relpying to posts with one emoticon annoys the hell out of me. It doesn't exactly help debate.

It also looks very arrogant, imo.
:|

(You were kind of asking for that. :wink: )

eurocrat

Wow, how delightfuly witty :( .

Seriously, who were those rolling eyes intended for and how is it supposed to help the 'debate' on the current issue.