• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Feb 4 1944, William Lowry. Minister for home affairs.

gako

"Irish News" article from this date.."Orange Hall Sparks Stormont Row".
When it was stated yesterday that an Orange Hall at Portrush (Co Antrim) had been used to celebrate Mass for American soldiers, the minister of home affairs made the interjection: "Preparations are being made to have the hall fumigated". Wasnt that long ago...
Makes me think with the street (Fleg) protests, the 12th marches coming up, have mindsets changed that much???

Tommythesash

The irony here is that Orange halls in America and Canada are often used as venues for Catholics to celebrate First Holy Communions. I know this because I attended one in Toronto a few years ago. The bigotry rarely extends outside Ireland.

Levellers

Nothing to see here. It’s only the thuggish KKK of Ireland hanging out their finest colours. Twentyfirst century myhole.

former wesleyan

vinoboy

It kind of ruins that old saying " as rare as holy water in an orange hall/lodge" .Look at it another way the local Portrush lodge obviously permitted access.

RedCloud

The irony here is that Orange halls in America and Canada are often used as venues for Catholics to celebrate First Holy Communions. I know this because I attended one in Toronto a few years ago. The bigotry rarely extends outside Ireland.
Is the a Canada St in Lenadoon ? :)

vivabrigada

Is there a Canada St in Lenadoon ? :)
Sorted that for you Heinzey.
I was danderin' past Belfast City Hall.........................................................

Glenshane4

When it was stated yesterday that an Orange Hall at Portrush (Co Antrim) had been used to celebrate Mass for American soldiers, the minister of home affairs made the interjection: "Preparations are being made to have the hall fumigated". Wasnt that long ago...
Makes me think with the street (Fleg) protests, the 12th marches coming up, have mindsets changed that much???
William Lowry was later the head of the Northern Ireland judiciary - a position later held by his son, Robert Lowry who was a personal friend of Conor Cruise O'Brien.

Mickeymac

The history of onionism really stinks right up to present day sir.

History will indeed be very unkind to these parasites.

Aristodemus

that really is a non-story. If it was said in 2004 it wasn't important, but 1944? Get a grip. So, some bigot ran off at the mouth, so what?

Ex celt

William Lowry was later the head of the Northern Ireland judiciary - a position later held by his son, Robert Lowry who was a personal friend of Conor Cruise O'Brien.
He was not the head of the judiciary you ill-informed lout. His son Robert was.Lowry's wife was Lynd and her brother was an irish nationalist who lived in London. When James Joyce married Nora Barnacle in London their wedding reception was held at Lynd's house. In addition,his son Robert's middle name was Lynd.

vinoboy

He was not the head of the judiciary you ill-informed lout. His son Robert was.Lowry's wife was Lynd and her brother was an irish nationalist who lived in London. When James Joyce married Nora Barnacle in London their wedding reception was held at Lynd's house. In addition,his son Robert's middle name was Lynd.
I think Wikpedia tells him that Lowry was Attorney General ? I am thinking of renaming my Orange Lodge after him and we could be known as the fumigators lodge !

death or glory

That just goes to prove that even then Catholicss couldn't take a joke

Mickeymac

Sure you were telling us earlier that Orange halls in the US and Canada were being used for first communions.

Why do you onions keep ringing the wrong number?

I know nothing of these parasites in either the US or Canada for that matter.

death or glory