Feck the citizens! FF in trouble!

ellie08

Isn't it good to see men who finally speak out against the wrongdoing of their own government - oh wait, that's not the main issue of concern!

John Drennan: Rebel TD declares war on Taoiseach - John Drennan, Columnists - Independent.ie

"As Fianna Fail faces into the Donegal by-election, the Budget and the announcement of the detail of the Government's four-year economic recovery plan, Mr McGuinness also made a damning prediction about his party, saying that it faced the same future as the defunct Irish Press newspaper -- extinction.

"In my small shopkeeping days I never thought there would be an Ireland without an Irish Press. If Fianna Fail doesn't make itself relevant it can go like the Press. It is very near to those territories," he said.

Senior figures are saying that after attending to "national duties" like the Budget and the four-year economic plan, the party will have "earned the right to look after our own interests" and high on the agenda is to depose the leader."

seabhcan

Its really all up in the air.

If a few FFers jump ship and the budget isn't passed - I wouldn't be completely shocked if one or two FGs vote for the budget to get it through. They don't want an election before the budget is sorted - and if there was a snap election, they'd have to push through essentially the same budget anyway as there wouldn't be time to do a new one.

So if FG is forced to support the budget as the lesser of two evils - FF might stage a recovery in the new year. People have very, very short memories and up to 30% of people will vote FF regardless of what happens.

I wouldn't write FF off yet.

commonman

If a few FFers jump ship and the budget isn't passed - I wouldn't be completely shocked if one or two FGs vote for the budget to get it through. They don't want an election before the budget is sorted - and if there was a snap election, they'd have to push through essentially the same budget anyway as there wouldn't be time to do a new one.

So if FG is forced to support the budget as the lesser of two evils - FF might stage a recovery in the new year. People have very, very short memories and up to 30% of people will vote FF regardless of what happens.

ff are finished they might get 35 seats next time. i say might

ellie08

Isn't it distasteful though, that with all that has gone on, the alleged collusion with Anglo, and this is all that is on this man's mind? They really seem to have a tribal mindset, more suitable to a society that has been dead and gone for a few thousand years.

seabhcan

Isn't it distasteful though, that with all that has gone on, the alleged collusion with Anglo, and this is all that is on this man's mind? They really seem to have a tribal mindset, more suitable to a society that has been dead and gone for a few thousand years.
Are you surprised? FF were always like that. The sad thing is - so are their voters.

johnnypockets

+ 1,000. Bloody sheeple.

flavirostris

I hope this wakes people up to the fact that John McGuinness is not some courageous "conscience of FF" but just another tribal gombeen who always puts party ahead of country.

I doubt it though, he'll most likely escape the carnage facing FF in the next election

ellie08

I hope this wakes people up to the fact that John McGuinness is not some courageous "conscience of FF" but just another tribal gombeen who always puts party ahead of country.

I doubt it though, he'll most likely escape the carnage facing FF in the next election
He's looking after number 1, no not the electorate, himself. No. 2 is FF, but he knows they're finished so it's time to bail out. I love the way he doesn't even condemn the carry on of his party, and his concern is that they'll be wiped out.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies