• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Federal Appeals Court: Obama abused his power making recess appointments

Skyrocket

Not the best way for his second term to start off:

In a case freighted with major constitutional implications, a federal appeals court on Friday overturned President Obama’s controversial recess appointments from last year, ruling he abused his powers and acted when the Senate was not actually in a recess.

The three-judge panel’s ruling is a major blow to Mr. Obama. The judges ruled that the appointments he made to the National Labor Relations Board are illegal, and the board no longer has a quorum to operate.

But the ruling has even broader constitutional significance, with the judges arguing that the president’s recess appointment powers don’t apply to “intrasession” appointments — those made when Congress has left town for a few days or weeks.

The judges signaled the power only applies after Congress has adjourned a session permanently, which in modern times usually means only at the end of a year. If the ruling withstands Supreme Court scrutiny, it would dramatically constrain presidents in the future.
Full story here: DEVELOPING: Obama recess appointments unconstitutional - Washington Times

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

owedtojoy

This, on top of the shocking dereliction of duty by Beyonce, which happened on Obama's watch, should make him resign immediately.

PS Bush made a recess appointment of that stupid neocon Bolton to the UN because he could not even drum up Republican votes for the mustachio'd clown.

Skyrocket

This, on top of the shocking dereliction of duty by Beyonce, which happened on Obama's watch, should make him resign immediately.
Typical of you to trivialise and dismiss anything at all that reflects negatively on Obama, no matter how significant or consequential.

Ryan Tubbs

Illegal presidential appointments; illegal extra-judicial murders in Afghanistan and Pakistan; extension and deepening of the illegal Bush/Cheney practices on POWs, right to trial etc.

Change we can believe in.....

lies

Twitter
yes
Illegal presidential appointments; illegal extra-judicial murders in Afghanistan and Pakistan; extension and deepening of the illegal Bush/Cheney practices on POWs, right to trial etc.

Yea, if only the multi-millionaire tax cheat who wanted to launch a war with Iran had been elected instead.

Shame that that guy, who managed to chalk up some of the most egregious lies of any Presidential candidate ever, didn't get a chance to destroy America... I mean make it great again.

neiphin

keep howling at that moon skybaby

Ryan Tubbs

Yea, if only the multi-millionaire tax cheat who wanted to launch a war with Iran had been elected instead.

Shame that that guy, who managed to chalk up some of the most egregious lies of any Presidential candidate ever, didn't get a chance to destroy America... I mean make it great again.
So we ignore Obama's incompetence, disastrous policies, and contempt for human rights ........ just because the other guy was worse?

That's a pretty pathetic point of view.

lies

Twitter
yes
So we ignore Obama's incompetence, disastrous policies, and contempt for human rights ........ just because the other guy was worse?

That's a pretty pathetic point of view.
Yes, yes, I should vote for the worse candidate because he's...

Oh wait, only an idiot would vote for a worse candidate, intentionally.

Give me a better candidate and I'll vote for him/her.

But I'm not voting for a war mongering liar just because Obama is far from perfect.

Ryan Tubbs

But I'm not voting for a war mongering liar just because Obama is far from perfect.
So you spurned the guy who might be a war mongering liar if he was elected ....... and voted for the guy who was a war mongering liar during his first term.

Interesting value system there.

R3volution_R3ady

Obama is the war-mongering liar.

yobosayo

From a card-carrying member of the party (the GOP), that is what I find most hilarious. Sure, his at home social policies are a disaster, and to be regretted, but is hilarious that the same crew on the other side of the political divide just blithely disregards and/or ignores that in the other worldly realm, i.e., our foreign relations, etc., the Obamamobile is very much the line from the one song, to wit, meet the new boss, same as the old boss... Perhaps they might to better by remembering the rest of the line, to wit, and we get on our knees and pray, we won't get fooled again. The other way of putting the matter is that while I am not all pleased with some of his at home policies, again, disaster and to be regretted, he's largely done well when it comes to illegal extra-judicial murders, drone strikes, sticking the course, etc.

lies

Twitter
yes
So you spurned the guy who might be a war mongering liar if he was elected ....... and voted for the guy who was a war mongering liar during his first term.

Interesting value system there.
There's no might. He lied repeatedly through the campaign, he's a tax cheat, the state of Israel openly campaigned for him.

Only a real Obama hater is delusional enough to turn that piece of ************************ into a possible better alternative.

Even the GOP didn't like the guy, and they nominated him.

Plus I lived in MA while he was Gov. I know what kind of scum he is.

And Obama is HARDLY a war monger, compared to the crackpots and neocons the right puts forth.

Good luck trying to convince anyone that any Dem candidate is more of war lover than any GOPer. Except maybe the unelectable Ron Paul.

lies

Twitter
yes
I presume you can back up both of these claims?
He's admitting to having money offshore, aka he's a tax cheat

As for Israel:

MJ Rosenberg: The Attacks on Maureen Dowd Are Themselves Anti-Semitic

mondoweiss.net/2012/09/romney-brags-hes-got-netanyahus-campaign-consultants-and-hell-shoot-you-before-telling-their-secrets.html#

"You are headed for a rash confrontation at an unnecessary cost while abandoning the home front," opposition leader Kadima chairman Shaul Mofaz said at the Knesset dais, in response to remarks by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and talk about an attack on Iran. "Over the past few months, Israel has waged an extensive and relentless PR campaign with the sole objective of preparing the ground for a premature military adventure."
Mofaz continued, "This PR campaign has deeply penetrated the 'zone of immunity' of our national security, threatens to weaken our deterrence, and our relations with our best friends. Mr. prime minister, you want a crude, rude, unprecedented, reckless, and risky intervention in the US elections. Tell us who you serve and for what? Why are you putting your hand deep into the ballot boxes of the American electorate?
Can't seem to paste the link to that for some reason. Google the first sentence and you'll find it.

ManOfReason

He's admitting to having money offshore, aka he's a tax cheat
I commend your lack of embarrassment at exposing your breathtaking ignorance of the tax code.

lies

Twitter
yes
Remarks by Mr. Netanyahu, in which he seemed to chastise Mr. Obama for not taking action to defend Israel from the threat of an Iranian nuclear bomb, were used in a television ad that ran in Florida during the final weeks of the campaign. That ad was produced by a Republican political operative who has worked for the Israeli prime minister. (During the secretly recorded address Mr. Romney gave to wealthy donors in Florida this year, he boasted that consultants working for his election “work for Bibi Netanyahu in his races.”)
thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/07/israeli-left-mocks-bibis-bet-on-romney/

Here's a long story about how far back Romney and Netenyahu go:

A Friendship Dating to 1976 Resonates in 2012

www.nytimes.com/2012/04/08/us/politics/mitt-romney-and-benjamin-netanyahu-are-old-friends.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

That shared experience decades ago led to a warm friendship, little known to outsiders, that is now rich with political intrigue. Mr. Netanyahu, the prime minister of Israel, is making the case for military action against Iran as Mr. Romney, the likely Republican presidential nominee, is attacking the Obama administration for not supporting Mr. Netanyahu more robustly.
Only a few weeks ago, on Super Tuesday, Mr. Netanyahu delivered a personal briefing by telephone to Mr. Romney about the situation in Iran.
Mr. Romney has suggested that he would not make any significant policy decisions about Israel without consulting Mr. Netanyahu — a level of deference that could raise eyebrows given Mr. Netanyahu’s polarizing reputation, even as it appeals to the neoconservatives and evangelical Christians who are fiercely protective of Israel.

lies

Twitter
yes
I commend your lack of embarrassment at exposing your breathtaking ignorance of the tax code.
You seem to think legal = honest

I don't.

He's hiding money offshore to avoid paying his fair share of taxes, while complaining about the "takers" who take without paying their fair share.

He's scum.

Kev408

President Obama's behaviour is disgraceful. He should be given 50 lines: 'I must not do what the previous President did or it will upset the previous President's party supporters.'