Feed-in tariffs on hugely expensive wind energy another consumer rip off

GreenIsGood

Typical of such bold moves toward “sustainability,” Spain’s proved utterly unsustainable. Soon Madrid found itself saddled with upward of €126-billion of solar obligations. Investors wound up importing most solar equipment because domestic suppliers couldn’t meet the surge in demand. Studies indicated that each renewable job cost two regular jobs.
These "green energy" bloodsuckers are everywhere. We cannot afford more expensive lunacy.

Newffowner

The problem isn’t just Green companies, it’s the Green Minister, and his political appointees.

If a regulator, was to say something like, we will ensure that no regulatee makes a loss on any transaction, and that all out of pocket expenses would be covered, we don’t know how much this is going to cost, or who is going to pay for it but we guarantee that no regulatee will suffer a loss.

If I was to say that the head of the regulatory body was a former department of finance head, and spent time in Europe as Irelands rep on the board of the European Investment Bank. You might think I was talking about the financial regulator, covering the losses of banks.

But no I’m talking about the Energy Regulator, you’d think we’d have learned from our mistakes.

Just think BP and gulf ………and add that to the national debt.

patslatt

Out of pocket costs.

The problem isn’t just Green companies, it’s the Green Minister, and his political appointees.

If a regulator, was to say something like, we will ensure that no regulatee makes a loss on any transaction, and that all out of pocket expenses would be covered, we don’t know how much this is going to cost, or who is going to pay for it but we guarantee that no regulatee will suffer a loss.

If I was to say that the head of the regulatory body was a former department of finance head, and spent time in Europe as Irelands rep on the board of the European Investment Bank. You might think I was talking about the financial regulator, covering the losses of banks.

But no I’m talking about the Energy Regulator, you’d think we’d have learned from our mistakes.

Just think BP and gulf ………and add that to the national debt.
Are out of pocket costs given blank coverage? Third paragraph is unclear.

fiannafailure

Feed-in tariffs on hugely expensive wind energy have been blended in with regular energy costs,concealing the true cost of greenery. This is a luxury we can no longer afford in the economic depression. For a discussion of how rent seeking green energy companies rip off consumers internationally,see Peter Foster: The solar robber barons | FP Comment | Financial Post
patslatt,

How many times do I have to explain the facts of subsidy in Ireland to you, can you not read or have you some other impairment (other than a belief that you own the mountaintops of Ireland).

Answer please if I need to explain the market mechanisms of the SEM to you again.

Another silly thread, how are Irish electricity customers paying for solar energy subsidies.

patslatt

Blending in green energy costs with conventional costs not transparent

patslatt,

How many times do I have to explain the facts of subsidy in Ireland to you, can you not read or have you some other impairment (other than a belief that you own the mountaintops of Ireland).

Answer please if I need to explain the market mechanisms of the SEM to you again.

Another silly thread, how are Irish electricity customers paying for solar energy subsidies.
Have fun with the SEM jargon below. That doesn't alter the fact that blending in green energy costs with conventional energy costs conceals from consumers the enormous cost of green energy,a huge consumer ripoff.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBsQFjAA&url=http://www.allislandproject.org/GetAttachment.aspx?id=88db796c-461a-4ca5-abe1-fb46ba7ed31b&rct=j&q=CPM BNE Calculation Methodology&ei=wb32TOmZF42EhQeh4pHEBQ&usg=AFQjCNE04BUgTrGdWiHs4GQChSkFYohGGQ&sig2=6b1iqYCoPx-UYhgPB7vQ5g&cad=rja

Daithiosuill

Relative to other european countries, the ROI feed-in tarriff is sophisticated. It sets a floor price for the sale of electricity from renewable energy.
This combats the variable nature of oil prices. The consumer effectively pays when oil prices are low and saves when oil prices are high. The consumer paid nothing for renewable energy in 2008 due to the high oil price. The consumer did pay in 2010 due to the low oil price.

To form an opinion on this subject, you need to first ask yourself - in the long term, where do you believe oil prices will go - up or down?

Newffowner

Are out of pocket costs given blank coverage? Third paragraph is unclear.
The proposal was a general comitment to protect the losses of energy companies no specifics were mentioned but the phrase to cover out of pocket expenses was used.

I put a scenario to them, an energy company can go to an industrial consumer using huge amounts of power, he can say to that customer, I'll guarantee you power at x price, I'm so confident that if I don't supply power at this price I'll pay all your costs associated with your down time, including loss of profits. Would this be an out of pocket expense, the supplier has incurred a loss on a transaction, and as the CER want to issue a guarantee in principle without limit, my fear is yes.

They've yet to respond.

Another question that was specifically asked was that if storage facilicities could not access the network, should their costs be covered. I'd say this is something got to do with the Kinsale gas fields being used now for storage. So in other words the CER is saying if for what ever reason that company can't access the network we pick up the tab? Now if you ask this question of your "industry partners" on your "industry website" what do you think the response from a profit making organisation will be, "no we'll suffer the loss ourselves".

If I'm a business man in this cold weather, and can't get my goods to market, will the consumer have to pick up the tab, so why should the regulator give his "industry partners" this freebie at our expense

It's the pro industry stance of the CER, all consumer protection issues are posponed indefinitely the consumer protection objectives set out in their 2008 customer care report have yet to be completed it's nearly 2011 now.

Yet that spanner Ryan says we have strong regulation. We are taking it up the hole from this group.

PAD1OH

Feed-in tariffs on hugely expensive wind energy have been blended in with regular energy costs,concealing the true cost of greenery. This is a luxury we can no longer afford in the economic depression. For a discussion of how rent seeking green energy companies rip off consumers internationally,see Peter Foster: The solar robber barons | FP Comment | Financial Post

what is your view on the billions of dollars of subsidies for fossil fuels?

http://www.politics.ie/environment/142284-put-end-312-billion-subsidies-fossil-fuels-iea.html

patslatt

What is the ratio of wind energy costs to oil/gas costs?

Relative to other european countries, the ROI feed-in tarriff is sophisticated. It sets a floor price for the sale of electricity from renewable energy.
This combats the variable nature of oil prices. The consumer effectively pays when oil prices are low and saves when oil prices are high. The consumer paid nothing for renewable energy in 2008 due to the high oil price. The consumer did pay in 2010 due to the low oil price.

To form an opinion on this subject, you need to first ask yourself - in the long term, where do you believe oil prices will go - up or down?
The floor for renewable energy prices would have to be low to prevent consumer price ripoffs,but how can that be given that renewables cost maybe three times conventional energy?

patslatt

New Threads

Most Replies