• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Feelings Vs Fact: The Decline of a Safe Europe.

ruserious

Recent commentary from both this website and Internet at large would seem to suggest that Europe has become unsafe due to the rise of Islamic terrorism and the influx of people from the Middle East.

This is a feeling and not a fact.

I am starting this thread in the hope we can have a mature discussion about whether the facts live up to these feelings or if there has been no effect at all. Perhaps the idea of a Safe Europe is a fallacy to begin with.

Perhaps we can use the facts to guide our opinions rather than allowing pre-determined ideals guide the facts which so often happens in this debate.

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com
The rise of terrorism is becoming a problem. I don't think it has much to do with recent immigrants, though.

Windowshopper

The rise of terrorism is a problem but we often over estimate it. Islamic terrorist groups have the capacity to make us afraid but they don't have the capacity to destroy or weaken the states or societies which they are attacking. Islamic terrorism is the menace of our time but it's not Soviet communism which posed a genuine existential threat to the West because it had nukes and for a while seemed to present an alternative economic and political system.

Remember you have a better chance dying crossing the road than being attacked by a terrorist.

ruserious

The rise of terrorism is becoming a problem. I don't think it has much to do with recent immigrants, though.
A German minister today stated that the partaking in terrorism from recent arrivals into Germany is in line with the general population. Not sure if true, but interesting. What I fear though, is the second generation in 20 years time. We may see similar social problems in Germany as in France today.

Accidental sock

I am starting this thread in the hope we can have a mature discussion about whether the facts live up to these feelings ....
First time for everything I suppose....

I'll start calling people over from the 'Invasion of Europe' thread

Eire1976

The fact is that even my Wife who is normally very liberally minded on world politics, states that the World is a very small place for white people.

Fractional Reserve

The rise of terrorism is a problem but we often over estimate it. Islamic terrorist groups have the capacity to make us afraid but they don't have the capacity to destroy or weaken the states or societies which they are attacking. Islamic terrorism is the menace of our time but it's not Soviet communism which posed a genuine existential threat to the West because it had nukes and for a while seemed to present an alternative economic and political system.

Remember you have a better chance dying crossing the road than being attacked by a terrorist.
Tell that to the people of France ,Germany ,Belguim I think they would think differently of late

Congalltee

With this increase in news of random attacks, you'd swear there was US election on and insurance companies needed fear for a few new policies to flog or lazy journos could write anything about a suicide bomber/self shooter/death by cop. Feeling.

It's all selective, Beruit attack got less than 10% of Paris.
A gay niteclub attack gets coverage depending where it is.
Lonely man with gun, becomes lone gunman or (depending on nationality) lone wolf. Feelfactoid.

It's moronic. But ignorance plus racism plus isolated attacks in silly season = big big news. Fact.

Fractional Reserve

A German minister today stated that the partaking in terrorism from recent arrivals into Germany is in line with the general population. Not sure if true, but interesting. What I fear though, is the second generation in 20 years time. We may see similar social problems in Germany as in France today.
German politicians are in complete denial that there is anything wrong with their immigration policy , there is a heavy dose of cognitive dissonance

tsarbomb

former wesleyan

Fewer than 300 have died in the EU this year from terrorism.
5 times that number die daily from preventable causes in the EU.
Amenable and preventable deaths statistics - Statistics Explained
(And speaking of preventing further tradegy, shouldn't France ban Bono since he's been associated with two attacks. If he turns up again, he's with Angela Landsbury or Mossad. Just sayin').
How conscious are people walking down the street or going into a bar or restaurant of that fact as opposed to being conscious of the fact that in theory at least a nutter could blow himself, and them , up ?

Karloff

The fact is that even my Wife who is normally very liberally minded on world politics, states that the World is a very small place for white people.
Payback for perceived historical sleights may be in the offing in the future. We will have an elite dominated by Jews and a proletariot dominated by people from the Third World. Neither of whom are very fond of indigenous white populations.

They will also be able to argue (with some validity) that White Europe really committed suicide.

McSlaggart

That would seem to suggest that there has been a surge in Jihadist violence since 2015.

It is a pity that Europe has finally managed to get a hold (largely but not completely) on domestically generated violent campaigns only to have to face one that has its roots in a foreign ideology which is repugnant to our values.
Did you see the video of .......
[video=youtube;NktsxucDvNI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NktsxucDvNI[/video]

gleeful

Recent terrorist attacks in Europe include one plane shot down by christian militants in Ukraine, one crashed by a suicidal German. An mass shooting in Norway by a "cultural christian" (whatever that is) and another by one of his fans.

Its a mixed bag - but the numbers killed in terrorism are dwarfed by car accidents.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies