Feile back!!

Marcos the black

That's right folks, if you are of a certain generation "The Feile", or "The Trip to Tipp" was an annual event which was huge, with many of the worlds leading acts playing there.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2018/0424/956677-the-trip-back-to-tipp-feile-acts-keep-it-semple-again/

A few of my own memories of the events were Meat Loaf, Deacon Blue, Transvision Vamp (Wendy James), the Stunning and being the first place I saw "D'unbelievables".
The event itself paid off the Stadiums debts and was organised by one Micheal Lowry. I would rate this as being his one and only achievement. I don't know if he has any involvement in this this time round.
So what do you think? Good idea or has the world moved on? Will it just be a "bogger fest", one of many music festivals, do we need another?
Personally I'm delighted but that's mainly due to nostalgia and being from the area.
But lads, if ye decide to come along... ye can crash on my floor.

Last edited:

showbandmanager

Primal Scream in '92 , as close to a religious experience as i'll ever get ...... the drugs do work

Marcos the black

Somebody run and get the cold water hose...
Lads focus.....

d7bohs

I worked at all the Feiles (what's the plural?) as a stage hand - my favourite memory is of the Beautiful South, waiting to soundcheck, setting up a mini- cricket crease and wicket at the side of the stage to the speechless horror of the red-faced GAA loons from the stadium management side.

Betson

That's right folks, if you are of a certain generation "The Feile", or "The Trip to Tipp" was an annual event which was huge, with many of the worlds leading acts playing there.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2018/0424/956677-the-trip-back-to-tipp-feile-acts-keep-it-semple-again/

A few of my own memories of the events were Meat Loaf, Deacon Blue, Transvision Vamp (Wendy James), the Stunning and being the first place I saw "D'unbelievables".
The event itself paid off the Stadiums debts and was organised by one Micheal Lowry. I would rate this as being his one and only achievement. I don't know if he has any involvement in this this time round.
So what do you think? Good idea or has the world moved on? Will it just be a "bogger fest", one of many music festivals, do we need another?
Personally I'm delighted but that's mainly due to nostalgia and being from the area.
But lads, if ye decide to come along... ye can crash on my floor.

Ah the memories , this for one night only show seems very sanitized compared to the original.

The one-night only, fully-seated live event in the landmark Tipperary venue will give fans the chance to relive the memories of the Féile festival in the 1990s with The 4 of Us, The Frank and Walters and special guests also on the bill, and Something Happens frontman and Newstalk presenter Tom Dunne the host on the night.

Concert-goers have been promised "modern-era luxuries like a choice of clean toilets, gourmet food tents, gin and prosecco offerings and pints that are poured from a keg" by the promoters, with tickets, priced €49.50, going on

Marcos the black

Ah the memories , this for one night only show seems very sanitized compared to the original.
Yeah, I agree.. Seems very tame by comparison. I remember working in Tesco/Crazy Prices/Quinnsworth (Think it was Crazy Prices at the time) in Thurles and arriving in for work on the Saturday morning. The crowd had broken into the shop, went to the cereal aisle, then to the dairy aisle and sat down eating their breakfast while the alarm went off... Didn't give a flying Fu$k.. very funny.

Hopefully it might take off again...

Betson

Wonder how many tickets are they planning to sell? will be limited enough if all seater.

Clearly Aimed at those 'older rockers' who would be nostalgic about the glory days than aimed at the current generation , that in itself is not bad thing marketing wise for them.

Analyzer

Analyzer

Yeah, I agree.. Seems very tame by comparison. I remember working in Tesco/Crazy Prices/Quinnsworth (Think it was Crazy Prices at the time) in Thurles and arriving in for work on the Saturday morning. The crowd had broken into the shop, went to the cereal aisle, then to the dairy aisle and sat down eating their breakfast while the alarm went off... Didn't give a flying Fu$k.. very funny.

Hopefully it might take off again...
Lowry supporter in support of theft, breaking the law, and causing damage.

Should we be surprised ?

Marcos the black

On that basis, I will organize a boycott.
You won't. In order to do that you'd have to get up off your hole and do something.... and we all know that's not your style.

Betson

I see they have added a second day after selling out the first day in under an hour.

ger12

New Threads