Female Identify

Lonewolfe

Women and girls are sexualized and objectified on a daily basis in Western culture. This is a statement of fact.

I believe this objectification is destructive to women and girls and contributes to an array of body image issues. It is also a misrepresentation that limits and confines female identify. Female objectification also misinforms our boys and deprives them of healthy attitudes and relationships.

(Sexual objectification is increasingly happening to men too but this thread is about women).

The question is, who or what is to blame:
Human nature?
The women themselves who utilise the power of their sexuality to get what they want?
The women who wholesale buy in to the stereotypes offered?
The fashion industry who lead the charge on objectification?
White, middleaged men in suits who "own" the media?

Many aspects of male gender stereotyping are no longer acceptable, for instance the macho man. The idea that men can use their physical strength and brute force to "get what they want" has rightly been consigned to history's dust bin. Yet, the dolly bird, trading on nothing but her sexuality remains acceptable.

The focus of the women's marches is not, as far as I can see, on sexual objectification per se (unless it directly relates to Donald Trump). I wonder, how many other women's issues might be resolved if collective efforts were to first address these widespread and largely normalised misrepresentations of female identity?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/21/womens-march-donald-trump-inauguration

silverharp

there is an alternative :D

blinding

there is an alternative :D

To be honest they do it for me................That kind of understatement gets me going...........

The reality that women exist is too much for some of us........We may have to abolish women............

silverharp

Human nature?
The women themselves who utilise the power of their sexuality to get what they want?
although "objectification" can mean different things to different people serious answer its human nature, a market society and getting rid of social oversight so that there is no particular acceptable and unacceptable behaviour.
However to question it now would be to question female agency? so nothing to be done as far as I can see , all you can do is too teach kids to make good choices.

Clanrickard

Women and girls are sexualized and objectified on a daily basis in Western culture. This is a statement of fact.

I believe this objectification is destructive to women and girls and contributes to an array of body image issues. It is also a misrepresentation that limits and confines female identify. Female objectification also misinforms our boys and deprives them of healthy attitudes and relationships.

(Sexual objectification is increasingly happening to men too but this thread is about women).

The question is, who or what is to blame:
Human nature?

Many aspects of male gender stereotyping are no longer acceptable, for instance the macho man. The idea that men can use their physical strength and brute force to "get what they want" has rightly been consigned to history's dust bin. Yet, the dolly bird, trading on nothing but her sexuality remains acceptable.

The focus of the women's marches is not, as far as I can see, on sexual objectification per se (unless it directly relates to Donald Trump). I wonder, how many other women's issues might be resolved if collective efforts were to first address these widespread and largely normalised misrepresentations of female identity?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/21/womens-march-donald-trump-inauguration
Let me guess. You fancy a young one and you want to get into her knickers so you've decide to show what a concerned little beta male you are.

Lonewolfe

Let me guess. You fancy a young one and you want to get into her knickers so you've decide to show what a concerned little beta male you are.
Clownretard, I will give you 8/10 for humour; an uncharacteristically funny post from you.

But, unfortunately, as usual it's 0/10 for actual understanding of the OP.:)

silverharp

Yea, it's meant to read, "identity". I just can't bring myself to ask any mods anything at all really.
you can edit it yourself

enuffisenuff

women are their own worst enemy sometimes when if comes to this..

PeacefulViking

What does objectification mean? Are we allowed to notice that women are attractive or is all male heterosexuality to be condemned?

Clanrickard

women are their own worst enemy sometimes when if comes to this..
Poor ol wolfie doesn't have the awareness to notice that nearly all the ads relaying to body, health and sexuality are directed at women. If women wanted to the power is in their hands to stop buying magazines with stick thin models and stop buying clothes that are pushed on them using unrealistic body images and hyper-sexual marketing.

Lonewolfe

What does objectification mean? Are we allowed to notice that women are attractive or is all male heterosexuality to be condemned?
Of course we're allowed. The question is not about men, it's about what objectification does to women's sense of their own female identify.

You see some men will instantly jump on any negative representations of white masculinity but when you point out the same for femininity your told it doesn't exist or that it's just human nature.

blinding

Poor ol wolfie doesn't have the awareness to notice that nearly all the ads relaying to body, health and sexuality are directed at women. If women wanted to the power is in their hands to stop buying magazines with stick thin models and stop buying clothes that are pushed on them using unrealistic body images and hyper-sexual marketing.
Its certainly not men buying women magazines.....Women are very competitive against one another . I sometimes think that if it was hard for women to be fat then being fat would be the thing to be . A lot of women issues are due to this competition between women .Please women , Stop making life so hard for one another..............

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies