• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Female sexual abusers. A new phenomenon?

Prester Jim

I have noticed that in the last few years there have been a rake of a previously virtually unknown problem, female child abusers.

The spate of High school teachers running off with male and female students:
for instance (out of many)
Heather Zeo Arrested For Having Sex With Underage Student (VIDEO)

'Swimming coach in lesbian affair with child' - Staines News
Nancy Garrido apparently suspected of being involved int the abuse wiht her husband:

And the recent abuse case here where the mother abused her eldest son

The most recent horror of a mother who gave son up ofr adoption and then tracked him down a decade later to rape him:
Aimee Louise Sword Raped Son She Gave Up For Adoption: Police (VIDEO)

the horrific account of sexual abuse by nuns n the industrial schools etc.

apart from the nun abuse story this seems to be a recent phenomenon,
I recently heard a researcher on newstalk explaining how there were half a dozen female only paedophile websites and that there was a greater proportion of female abusers then was commonly thought (although tiny compared to male abusers)

Has it been under reported for some reason?
Perhaps it is only being highlighted now for some other agenda?

Knowing that there are a number of rabidly misogynistic posters on this site I was reluctant to post this initially but I am genuinely curious about why this is suddenly coming to the fore.

Why has it suddenly become an issue?

Prester Jim

Please keep it mature or I will delete the thread (if I can)

reknaw

I must admit that I don't know much about this phenomenon, but I suspect this sort of thing has been going on for a long time. It's just that, as was the case with incest, clerical sexual abuse of children and a lot of other taboo things, it just wasn't mentioned in the media and was well and truly hushed up locally as well. I do remember that some of the Presentation nuns in the school where I began my "education" were right stupid and cruel b1tches, while others were kind enough. Fortunately, I neither experienced any kind of sexual abuse nor heard of it happening to anyone else.:cool::cool:

It is possible that this sort of abuse has always existed and has rarely been reported on. Studies in the U.S. show that most child abuse is committed by women and just over half of all child murders are committed by women. Speaking as a man myself, I think we men are generally less interested in/horrified by bad women than we are bad men.

As to why there's an increase in reporting of it, I can't say. But if it exists to any great extent, there's no reason why it shouldn't be reported on.

gallowglass

I have noticed that in the last few years there have been a rake of a previously virtually unknown problem, female child abusers.

Nancy Garrido apparently suspected of being involved int the abuse wiht her husband:

The most recent horror of a mother who gave son up ofr adoption and then tracked him down a decade later to rape him:

I recently heard a researcher on newstalk explaining how there were half a dozen female only paedophile websites and that there was a greater proportion of female abusers then was commonly thought (although tiny compared to male abusers)

Knowing that there are a number of rabidly misogynistic posters on this site I was reluctant to post this initially but I am genuinely curious about why this is suddenly coming to the fore.

As an ex-social worker I can say that during training we were told that the sexual abuse of children was 100% male perpetrated.
Clearly this is not the case.
Like so much of social work training it was an immersion course in feminist idelogy as opposed to a professional training.

Prester Jim

Prester Jim

As an ex-social worker I can say that during training we were told that the sexual abuse of children was 100% male perpetrated.
Clearly this is not the case.
Like so much of social work training it was an immersion course in feminist idelogy as opposed to a professional training.
Maybe this was honestly believed at that point but it may have doing a vast disservice to some kids, just like the recent case in Ireland.

wysiwyg

Maybe its also because to quite a large % of the male population, being sexually abused by a woman isn't seen as abuse, more as "fupping hell, this is great"

Now, that may sound flippant... but I had my own experience of a friends babysitter getting her bits out for us when I was about 13 (she was about 18), and my only thought at the time was.. when is she babysitting again

Alas.. never

Prester Jim

It is possible that this sort of abuse has always existed and has rarely been reported on. Studies in the U.S. show that most child abuse is committed by women and just over half of all child murders are committed by women. Speaking as a man myself, I think we men are generally less interested in/horrified by bad women than we are bad men.

As to why there's an increase in reporting of it, I can't say. But if it exists to any great extent, there's no reason why it shouldn't be reported on.
Abuse perhaps but not sexual abuse that is a male preserve for the most part I would imagine.
as for the murders... any links for that?

there was a recent case of a mother murdering her kids to spite the husband but usually this motivation is ascribed to the father in such cases while the mother is usually believed to be acting to protect the kids from a cruel world etc.

reknaw

actually it is also coming out that Italy had a big problem with priest abuse so it is probably not going to be so exclusively Irish a phenomenon shortly

Italian priest accused of abuse | National Catholic Reporter | Find Articles at BNET

Italian priest organizes beauty contest for nuns - AP Online | Encyclopedia.com

But it never was anything like exclusively an Irish problem. The United States, Canada and Australia are three examples that immediately spring to mind of countries where the kiddy-fiddler church has run into big trouble . Several American dioceses have been virtually bankrupted by the claims they have paid out on, and many more are still pending. :(:(:(

Who knows what has been going on in countries where the media are less vigilant/active and the church is still able to pull the hush-up levers?

peader odonnell

not a new phenomenon at all ,no more than that of females inflicting domestic violence(though i know its not pc to say it)

Prester Jim

Maybe its also because to quite a large % of the male population, being sexually abused by a woman isn't seen as abuse, more as "fupping hell, this is great"

Now, that may sound flippant... but I had my own experience of a friends babysitter getting her bits out for us when I was about 13 (she was about 18), and my only thought at the time was.. when is she babysitting again

Alas.. never
Can't help but agree as I was smiling involuntarily as I read your post.
However, a good film I saw recently "the reader" tried to show the damage caused by this kind of situation (actual sex with the older female in the movie though rather than just quick flash) and made me think again about my attitude.

Prester Jim

But it never was anything like exclusively an Irish problem. The United States, Canada and Australia are three examples that immediately spring to mind of countries where the kiddy-fiddler church has run into big trouble . Several American dioceses have been virtually bankrupted by the claims they have paid out on, and many more are still pending. :(:(:(

Who knows what has been going on in countries where the media are less vigilant/active and the church is still able to pull the hush-up levers?
True, what I meant to say was that it was particularly bad here and that we exported a lot of priests who abused in the US, Canada, Australia and UK.

gallowglass

Maybe this was honestly believed at that point but it may have doing a vast disservice to some kids, just like the recent case in Ireland.
I don't think the reality ( that some sex abusers are female) was being suppressed at that time (late 1980s)

Rather that ideologically people could not conceive of women as perpetrators of Child Sex Abuse.

Now the truth is,to an extent, being suppressed by campus feminists.

gallowglass

not a new phenomenon at all ,no more than that of females inflicting domestic violence(though i know its not pc to say it)
It isnt Pc, but it is true.

Yet the Irish government lavishly fund women's aid-an NGO that peddles the lie that only men perpetrate DV.

femmefatale

It isnt Pc, but it is true.

Yet the Irish government lavishly fund women's aid-an NGO that peddles the lie that only men perpetrate DV.
How many men end up in hospital or dead because of domestic abuse? Very, very few, if any. Domestic violence (as opposed to psychological bullying or something) is pretty much exclusively male on female.

Equally, were women are involved in (child) sexual abuse, typically they have in some way aided and abetted a male abuser. (Child) sexual abuse is also pretty much exclusively a male aggressor on male/female victim occurrence.

I don't know what you are trying to achieve by attempting to suggest that women are somehow as guilty of these things as men.

Prester Jim

How many men end up in hospital or dead because of domestic abuse? Very, very few, if any. Domestic violence (as opposed to psychological bullying or something) is pretty much exclusively male on female.

Equally, were women are involved in (child) sexual abuse, typically they have in some way aided and abetted a male abuser. (Child) sexual abuse is also pretty much exclusively a male aggressor on male/female victim occurrence.

I don't know what you are trying to achieve by attempting to suggest that women are somehow as guilty of these things as men.
This has been true up till now (and still is in the Garrido case) but the newer cases were women acting on their own which I for one find a disturbing new development

mothball

"In July 2005, the National Crime Council, in association with the Economic and Social Research Institute, published the first ever large-scale study undertaken to give an overview of the nature, extent and impact of domestic abuse against women and men in intimate partner relationships in Ireland. Among the notable findings in the study are:

29% of women and 26% of men suffer abuse.
13% of women and 13% of men suffer physical abuse.
29% of women and only 5% of men report to the gardaí.
This study is regarded by the Government as the definitive piece of research on domestic violence.

Another study of patients attending their family doctors, published in September, found that 52% of men and 43% of women in this setting experienced domestic violence.

The author of the study, based at Trinity College Dublin, said it was "inappropriate to continue to address this issue as solely a woman's problem".

Even though most people now accept the well-established fact that men and women are almost equally likely to be victims of domestic abuse, there are still some so obstinate that they seek to perpetuate the discredited simplistic view that domestic violence consists only of violent men abusing women.

It is regrettable that those who have been allowed to dominate the discourse, and influence public policy, exclude the experiences of male victims and present partial statistics which ignore the findings relating to male victims.

To exclude the figures for one gender is misleading and dishonest.
"

Amen

If you just believe domestic abuse involves putting a partner in hospital then you a missing a much bigger picture and being unfair to both men and women who suffer psychological abuse and live in a constant state of fear.

borntorum

Why do you suggest he has an agenda?

Are you not willing to discuss this topic on its own merits?

Prester Jim

"In July 2005, the National Crime Council, in association with the Economic and Social Research Institute, published the first ever large-scale study undertaken to give an overview of the nature, extent and impact of domestic abuse against women and men in intimate partner relationships in Ireland. Among the notable findings in the study are:

29% of women and 26% of men suffer abuse.
13% of women and 13% of men suffer physical abuse.
29% of women and only 5% of men report to the gardaí.
This study is regarded by the Government as the definitive piece of research on domestic violence.

Another study of patients attending their family doctors, published in September, found that 52% of men and 43% of women in this setting experienced domestic violence.

The author of the study, based at Trinity College Dublin, said it was "inappropriate to continue to address this issue as solely a woman's problem".

Even though most people now accept the well-established fact that men and women are almost equally likely to be victims of domestic abuse, there are still some so obstinate that they seek to perpetuate the discredited simplistic view that domestic violence consists only of violent men abusing women.

It is regrettable that those who have been allowed to dominate the discourse, and influence public policy, exclude the experiences of male victims and present partial statistics which ignore the findings relating to male victims.

To exclude the figures for one gender is misleading and dishonest.
"

Amen

If you just believe domestic abuse involves putting a partner in hospital then you a missing a much bigger picture and being unfair to both men and women who suffer psychological abuse and live in a constant state of fear.

Interesting stats, I haven't seen these before.
Do they give any overview on how many of the men were in gay relationships?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies