Feminist bias in the Irish media

Polybius

Is anyone else sick of the liberal media constantly trying to force feminism upon us? Several times every day I come across blatant feminist propaganda in the Irish media. RTÉ news even seems to have a new policy of only giving jobs to female presenters.

Today in the IT there is an article claiming that Irish women "still face a fight for gender equality" in the legal profession despite there being no evidence for this whatsoever. Women are increasingly coming to dominate the legal jobs in Ireland. We have a female Director of Public Prosecutions and just up until recently we had a female minister for Justice and a female Garda Commissioner. In fact the article even states that two thirds of law graduates in Ireland are women. I'm all in favour of gender equality but I'm tired of feminists claiming discrimination when there is none. Surely when only one third of law graduates are male we need to start talking about discrimination against men and boys? Sexist quangos such as the National Women's Council should not receive any public money.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/women-in-law-still-face-a-fight-for-gender-equality-1.3371389

Mercurial

Is anyone else sick of the liberal media constantly trying to force feminism upon us?
Given that feminism is the view that men and women are equally worthy of being treated with dignity and respect - no.

silverharp

Given that feminism is the view that men and women are equally worthy of being treated with dignity and respect - no.
that's not the definition though, its supremacist ideology

eoghanacht

I need wagmore for the mysoginy wingnuts bingo any of you loons seen him?

Polybius

That hasn't been the correct definition of feminism for at least the last 25 years. Feminism in the West has become a female supremacist movement.

Telstar 62

Strange, then, that I haven't come across many 'feminists' advocating against those areas in
the current society that discriminate against men.....:rolleyes:

silverharp

Yes it is.
you judge a movement by its behaviour and actions, not by some random definition. Also something starting with "fem" suggests one sided concerns

Polybius

No it hasn't.
If feminists really want gender equality why do they never campaign on behalf of the boys and men being failed by our education system? Why do feminists claim it's sexist that males dominate university courses in STEM subjects yet they have nothing to say about females dominating law and medicine? Why do feminists not care that men are far more likely to be sent to prison? Why do feminists not care that men are more likely to be the victim of a violent crime? Why do feminists not care that men have a lower life expectancy? Why do feminists not care about the male suicide rate? Answer: Feminists aren't interested in gender equality

eoghanacht

Shįt, bet someone had telstar.

I'll win it someday.

Mercurial

you judge a movement by its behaviour and actions, not by some random definition.
Okay. In which case, feminism is the view that men and women are equally worthy of being treated with dignity and respect.

Mercurial

Strange, then, that I haven't come across many 'feminists' advocating against those areas in
the current society that discriminate against men.....:rolleyes:
I suppose the irony of complaining that a movement about helping women must be concerned with helping men is lost on you...

Betson

In fact the article even states that two thirds of law graduates in Ireland are women.
Yet a similar ratio but males making up the 2/3 in course like Engineering etc and we are told that discrimination has to be at play and we have to do something about it , thus the Government funded initiatives to help increase female numbers choosing stem subjects.

But when the gender ratio is reserved it is painted as a good news story and any idea of gender balance goals go out the window.

We spend a lot more public money and time fusing(Government and Media) over the choices females make in their third level course selection that we do on the huge drop out rate among males in certain demographics before they even finish 2nd level.

GDPR

Yes it is.
Mercurial Mary Daly and Andrea Dworkin as well others were pretty much Female supremacists.

I think the best way to think of Feminism is that it is to the Female gender what ethno-nationalism is to nationality.

Mercurial

So you finally agree it is not about equality?
It is about equality. In an equal society, men would realise the irony of demanding that those concerned with helping women must spend their time focusing on men instead.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies