Feminist bias in the Irish media

Analyzer

The Irish media have a bullsh1t bias. They love their bullsh1t.

JamieD

bill in one of his more lucid moments

[video=youtube;WiYudywr_tQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiYudywr_tQ[/video]
"They have been getting this message for a long time that this is what women want. And it is what women want, but only from the men they want it from."

I know its a comedy piece, but this part is absolutely true. There was a case several years ago where a woman complained that a guy inappropriately hit on her late at night after they left a bar. She kicked up a big fuss about it and pretty much asked all the men associated with her not to do that. When she described what happened it seemed like a fairly run of the mill pass that this guy made that she declined, and then... nothing. He did nothing at all, they parted ways and that was that. She kicked up a huge fuss about it anyway.. I won't say her name (some of you might have guessed it, it was an Internet furore thing lol, hint, it happened in Ireland.)

But the fact is, she wouldn't have said a word if that man was the man of her dreams, but because he wasn't, she kicked up an unbelievably ridiculous storm over it. If it was a man she was interested in, the pass he made would have been welcome and nobody would have heard about it.

shiel

https://www.wonderslist.com/10-hottest-female-politicians/

Women are only good for riding and doing housework. I don't even think they should have the vote.
That is an anti-women statement at its starkest.

There are no ifs buts or ands about it.

Apart from myself nobody has challenged it or made any comment on it.

What is that saying about the attitude to women on this thread?

Women who challenge this attitude of mind are labelled feminazis.

Trainwreck

It's a wind up FFS.

You are such an easily triggered snowflake he does that to mock you. It is a not so subtle way of telling you to cop the fúck on, or nobody will take you seriously.

Now, get back in the kitchen and get those sandwiches.

shiel

https://www.wonderslist.com/10-hottest-female-politicians/

Women are only good for riding and doing housework. I don't even think they should have the vote.
Unqualified declaration in Politics.ie.

'Politics.ie is one of Ireland's leading politics and current affairs discussion websites with more than 600,000 visitors a month. Founded in 2003, Politics.ie has one of the most engaged, respected and influential politics and current affairs communities.'

Polybius

Unqualified declaration in Politics.ie.

'Politics.ie is one of Ireland's leading politics and current affairs discussion websites with more than 600,000 visitors a month. Founded in 2003, Politics.ie has one of the most engaged, respected and influential politics and current affairs communities.'
You don't have to comment on here you know. You can read Una Mullally, blog on Tumblr, and watch Channel 4 News if you prefer.

Dedogs

Tell the good lady I wish her well.

Tell her my apologia for giving out is that I think there should be more women TDs.

Tell her also that given that women are a majority because they live longer I think there should be more women in the parliaments of the world.

If that fails I will just have to put up with her poor opinion of me.

All she has to do is look at this thread to see that she is not alone.

Anyway no hard feelings.
well i told her that mate.... she says shes fierce lucky tehres a man willin to tell her stuff she wouldnt of known on her own.... im not goin to be explainin anything else from you to her cause im too chicken.... :):):)

shiel

well i told her that mate.... she says shes fierce lucky tehres a man willin to tell her stuff she wouldnt of known on her own.... im not goin to be explainin anything else from you to her cause im too chicken.... :):):)
OK Thanks.

No hard feelings.

Karloff

One of the Boyzones on Ray Darcy now. Why doesn't he just chop his bits off to show solidarity with the women?

RTE looks more and more like a retarded version of the Guardian.

mr. jings

One of the Boyzones on Ray Darcy now. Why doesn't he just chop his bits off to show solidarity with the women?

RTE looks more and more like a retarded version of the Guardian.
Why on earth are you watching Ray D'Arcy given your contempt for the show. Scotch that - why are you watching Ray D'Arcy full stop?

nationalsday

You obviously aren't aware of the Red Pill and Mgtow movements which are all over Utube and Reddit, then

#metoo has ushered in a new era in more ways than it probably ever envisaged

Karloff

Why on earth are you watching Ray D'Arcy given your contempt for the show. Scotch that - why are you watching Ray D'Arcy full stop?
I am not the one watching... it.

Watcher2

lol. youre sooo easy

blinding

Todays feminism is like a religious cult on steroids .

Of course it needs a ‘ Bogey- Man-........a real bad ass bad guy....and if perchance this real bad ass bad guy did not exist they would Invent One .

I would say that 90/95% of men do not fit the ‘ Bogey Man “ category that they have been cast into be todays feminism .

Could Todays Rabid Feminists....” Feminate “ if this “ Bogey Man “ could be largely proved to be a fallacy .

Todays Feminism : A quasi religious cult that really really needs a ‘ bad ass bad guy '

Kilbarry

Toxic Masculinity and Gender Equity in the Australian Defence Force

Originally posted by JMCC
Mad picture, that. The women are all dressed in pants suits and the guy with the beard is in a dress.
Just came across the following by accident and don't want to lose it so this looks like a good place to publish.
https://quillette.com/2018/08/01/to...ender-equity-in-the-australian-defence-force/

Toxic Masculinity and Gender Equity in the Australian Defence Force - by Luke Graham

......Most significantly, there remains an ongoing expectation that personnel within military units abide by orders to conduct difficult tasks, including uniquely violent behaviour. Although the advance of technology has facilitated greater distances from enemy combatants in most cases, the underlying purpose of a defence force is to visit violence on those who would do its community harm. When considering this, the condemnation of masculine behaviour is contrary to the expectations placed on deployed personnel. [My emphasis] This incongruity is unavoidably problematic and has led to the disenchantment of many combat veterans, particularly those who have served on the frontline.......

It is absolutely incredible that anyone should have to make a statement like that! Apparently these, days people have to be reminded what defence forces are "for".

stopdoingstuff

And anyone who disagrees with that opinion is a feminazi or so the people who agree with the above think.
Oh yeah, look I realize my last post was sexist and I am sorry if it upset you. I have amended my opinion and now I think that the franchise should be extended to all females of age who weigh 55kg or less. While this would obviously devastate the left-wing vote and probably mean in practical terms that feminist would have to lose an average of 45kg to be able to vote, it would be better for the health of the nation in general. I mean some of them might even end up healthy to have children, though I hear they prefer cats and homosexuals for company. The point it at least they would have the choice.

I couldn't resist this: The Irish Times celebrated Helen Mirrens 75th birthday with the following lines:
Happy 75th birthday Helen Mirren: The woman who could make men feel like boys
Parhaps some more thought could have gone into it

shiel

The basic fact that is ignored in the 'debate' that comprises this thread is that the Dail is nearly 80% male in a so-called representative democracy in which women are in the majority.

It was 95% male for most of the time since independence.

That is unjust and inefficient.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom